Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 - 2013 Schedules

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Yeah this seems common. I remember one year Plattsburgh had something ridiculous like 14 straight home games with long road trips to start and end year.
    I know in the 10-11 season they got their record healthy on a 10 game stretch at home over the winter break. Just always strikes me how these schedules always
    seem to have these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      I know in the 10-11 season they got their record healthy on a 10 game stretch at home over the winter break. Just always strikes me how these schedules always
      seem to have these things.
      That's the year I was thinking of. I knew it was something ridiculous. Maybe it was 14 of 16 or something like that home?
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

That's the year I was thinking of. I knew it was something ridiculous. Maybe it was 14 of 16 or something like that home?
        13 of 15
        WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

And a 16-9 split overall. That was actually a once-every-six-years occurrence, as they hosted the Primelink in the same year that the split with their noncon partners was 4-1 in Plattsburgh's favor (this couldn't happen anymore, as Castleton is now home during the same seasons as Skidmore). Add in four road games to start the season, and things got pretty wacky.
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

They took a 12 game unbeaten streak into the Cortland/Oswego weekend. Cortland blanked them on a 40 save shutout from their goalie Kuhlman. They were acting like they won the conference. I remember one guy who was with them just whipped out his phone after the final buzzer and called someone and was like "We beat em! 2-0!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              They took a 12 game unbeaten streak into the Cortland/Oswego weekend. Cortland blanked them on a 40 save shutout from their goalie Kuhlman. They were acting like they won the conference. I remember one guy who was with them just whipped out his phone after the final buzzer and called someone and was like "We beat em! 2-0!"
              Can you blame them?
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Can you blame them?
                Nope. It was actually the funniest thing I'd seen at the rink in a while.

Comment

Yeah this seems common. I remember one year Plattsburgh had something ridiculous like 14 straight home games with long road trips to start and end year.
                  We just shoot to play every game at home
                  Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                  Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Manhattanville schedule is posted on their site with a little digging to get to it ... http://govaliants.com/schedule.aspx?...ey&schedule=53

Good to see the team playing in both the Castleton and Middlebury Tournaments this year...should be some good competition. Anybody know who's at Middlebury over the New Year's break?

Comment

Salem State Schedule: http://salemstatevikings.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
                      Code:
                      11/1/2012	 	Salve Regina	Newport, RI		
                      11/8/2012	 	Wentworth Institute of Technology	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM	
                      11/15/2012	*	Fitchburg State	Fitchburg, MA	7:00 PM	
                      11/17/2012	*	UMass Dartmouth	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	2:00 PM	
                      11/25/2012	 	Connecticut College	New London, CT
                      11/29/2012	*	Plymouth State University	Plymouth, NH	
                      12/1/2012	*	Westfield State	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	2:00 PM
                      12/6/2012	*	Framingham State	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM
                      12/8/2012	*	Worcester State University	Worcester, MA		
                      12/31/2012	 	Colby College	Waterville, ME	2:00 PM	
                      1/5/2013	 	University of Southern Maine	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	2:00 PM	
                      1/8/2013	 	New England College	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM	
                      1/12/2013	*	Fitchburg State	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	2:00 PM
                      1/15/2013	*	UMass Dartmouth	Dartmouth, MA		
                      1/17/2013	*	Plymouth State University	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM	
                      1/19/2013	*	Westfield State	Westfield, MA	
                      1/24/2013	*	Framingham State	Framingham, MA	
                      1/26/2013	*	Worcester State University	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	2:00 PM
                      1/29/2013	 	Saint Anselm College	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM
                      2/2/2013	*	Fitchburg State	Fitchburg, MA	4:00 PM
                      2/7/2013	*	UMass Dartmouth	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM
                      2/9/2013	*	Plymouth State University	Plymouth, MA	
                      2/14/2013	*	Westfield State	Rockett Ice Arena - Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena	7:00 PM
                      2/16/2013	*	Framingham State	Framingham, MA	
                      2/19/2013	*	Worcester State University	Worcester, MA
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Geneseo schedule:

http://www.geneseo.edu/athletics/icehockey/schedule
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

All Potsdam State Men's hockey Games will be played at Massena Arena...not the Arena at the Mall....that place is a dump

Comment

wish DIII could play DI teams like we did back in my day

Comment

• Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                              wish DIII could play DI teams like we did back in my day
                              Still can just a lot more rules on NCAA selection.

Norwich played Dartmouth last year and will be again. Morrisville has played Princeton twice and I think Neumann may have played Princeton too.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Still can just a lot more rules on NCAA selection.

Norwich played Dartmouth last year and will be again. Morrisville has played Princeton twice and I think Neumann may have played Princeton too.
                                Neumann indeed did play Princeton last season, down in New Jersey. Lost something like 5-1. Not terrible against a D-I team if you ask me.
                                Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                                Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                                Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                                2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                                2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Working...
                                X