Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 - 2013 Schedules

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Put the Clarkson @ Cheel schedule up against the Bear's home schedule. The Plattsburgh game can be played @ Cheel and maybe some of the Saturday games when the women play at 4. Otherwise, Pine Street and Massena here they come!
    It should be announced soon, but it appears the men will play all but two games at Massena, and the women will play their home games (plus those two men's games) at Cheel. Practice sessions will most likely be at Pine Street.

As for the joint deal between Canton and Potsdam which Norm cited, there is a lot of controversy over that. Neither school wants anything to do with it.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

USM's Schedule

http://southernmainehuskies.com/spor...12-13/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        As for the joint deal between Canton and Potsdam which Norm cited, there is a lot of controversy over that. Neither school wants anything to do with it.
        This seems to be the way SUNY is going - I know that the former chief academic officer at Norwich was hired as the President at SUNYIT a few years ago, and now has added the Presidency of SUNY Morrisville to his responsibilities. Two schools, one president.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Two sides to this story

Russell - Cuomo's Sage Commission is charged with eliminating redundant services in all NYS agencies. Those of us in the support side of the executive branch have gotten a preview of the future, and "joint deals" / consolidated services / merged administrations will be the rule, not the exception. I seriously doubt if SUNY functions will be exempted regardless of the agency's preferences. If Gov Cuomo pulls this off in NYS, he's a shoo-in for the Democratic nominee come 2016. As someone directly affected, I'm a bit nervous, as a taxpayer, I'm ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
            Russell - Cuomo's Sage Commission is charged with eliminating redundant services in all NYS agencies. Those of us in the support side of the executive branch have gotten a preview of the future, and "joint deals" / consolidated services / merged administrations will be the rule, not the exception. I seriously doubt if SUNY functions will be exempted regardless of the agency's preferences. If Gov Cuomo pulls this off in NYS, he's a shoo-in for the Democratic nominee come 2016. As someone directly affected, I'm a bit nervous, as a taxpayer, I'm ecstatic.
            The same gov who wants to give the lowly state workers a long term contract with junk. Who's eliminated the pension plan...yet is giving his palls a $21,000 raise....which is a part time job....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

University of New England 2012-'13 Schedule

http://athletics.une.edu/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey&

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                Here are some teasers -

Geneseo Teaser

10/19/2012 – Away – Nazareth
                10/20/2012 – Home – Nazareth
                10/26/2012 – Away – Fredonia
                10/27/2012 – Away - Buffalo
                11/2/2912 – Home – Cortland
                11/3/2012 – Home – Oswego
                11/9/2012 – Home – Elmira
                11/10/2012 – Home - Hobart
                11/16/2012 – Home – Plattsburgh
                11/17/2012 - Home - Potsdam
                12/1/2012 – Away – Morrisville
                12/7/2012 - Away - Brockport
                1/8/2013 – vs Adrian @ Arrington Ice Arena
                1/18/2013 – Home – Fredonia
                1/19/2013 – Home - Buffalo
                1/25/2013 – Away – Cortland
                1/26/2013 – Away - Oswego
                2/1/2013 – Home – Brockport
                2/8/2013 – Away – Plattsburgh
                2/9/2013 - Away - Potsdam
                2/16/2013 – Home - Morrisville

Potsdam Teaser

10/27/2012 – Home – Morrisville
                11/3/2012 - Home – Plattsburgh
                11/9/2012 – Home – Fredonia
                11/10/2012 – Home - Buffalo
                11/16/2012 – Away - Brockport
                11/17/2012 - Away - Geneseo
                11/30/2012 – Away – Oswego
                12/1/2012 – Away - Cortland
                1/19/2013 – Away – Morrisville
                1/25/2013 - Away – Plattsburgh
                2/1/2013 – Away – Fredonia
                2/2/2013 – Away - Buffalo
                2/8/2013 – Home - Brockport
                2/9/2013 - Home - Geneseo
                2/15/2013 – Home – Oswego
                2/16/2013 – Home - Cortland
                You can add Hobart-Home 11/25 for Potsdam

Comment

In case you didn't believe me before, Oswego has officially posted it's schedule... http://athletics.oswego.edu/schedule...y&schedule=244
                  WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                    In case you didn't believe me before, Oswego has officially posted it's schedule... http://athletics.oswego.edu/schedule...y&schedule=244
                    Great pick up with the USA 18U team as the exhibition. Is this the first meeting since the 2008-09 season? I was broadcasting that game along with Andrew Rohlin and it was one of the best hockey games I saw during my four years at Oswego.

Cam Fowler won the game in overtime for the US squad.

Hoping maybe Norwich can get the US squad on its schedule sometime in the near future.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: 2012 - 2013 Schedules

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Great pick up with the USA 18U team as the exhibition. Is this the first meeting since the 2008-09 season? I was broadcasting that game along with Andrew Rohlin and it was one of the best hockey games I saw during my four years at Oswego.

Cam Fowler won the game in overtime for the US squad.

Hoping maybe Norwich can get the US squad on its schedule sometime in the near future.
                      Indeed it is... that was the year before I arrived. Glad I'm gonna get to see/call them.
                      WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                        Indeed it is... that was the year before I arrived. Glad I'm gonna get to see/call them.
                        It's a treat for sure. You'll likely have the honor of saying you called a game with half a dozen to a dozen future NHLers.

Just off the top of my head on the team I saw in 2008-09 I know the following have already appeared in the NHL:

Cam Fowler
                        Jeremy Morin
                        Kyle Palmieri

Guys like AJ Treais, Drew Shore, Chris Brown, John Ramage, Kevin Lynch, Jerry D'Amigo and Ryan Bourque will probably all make it the near future too if they haven't already. Many of those guys went on to become major impact players at Division I programs.

EDIT: Cam Fowler did not score the winning goal. He scored the game-tying goal and then Ryan Bourque scored the winner. Many of the faces on this team went on to capture the 2010 World Junior gold medal for the USA in that exciting 6-5 overtime win over Canada that year.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Buffalo State schedule:

http://www.buffalostateathletics.com...?path=mhockey&
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Five straight at home to end the SUNYAC schedule? That should help them contend for a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              Five straight at home to end the SUNYAC schedule? That should help them contend for a playoff spot.
                              That's not uncommon for teams. Depends how the scheduling cycle goes for any particular year.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                That's not uncommon for teams. Depends how the scheduling cycle goes for any particular year.
                                Yeah this seems common. I remember one year Plattsburgh had something ridiculous like 14 straight home games with long road trips to start and end year.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X