Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways To Know You're a Division III Fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ways To Know You're a Division III Fan...

Originally posted by jacketfan_2002 View Post
    : you recognize towns in New York State and other East Coast towns that are referenced on t.v., even though you have never been to the part of the country!

: You browse atlases just to figure out where all "those Eastern" schools are located

: You were excited on the way to the Frozen Four when Caveman pointed out the exits that will get you to Hobart (Geneva) and Morrisville
    Last edited by Matthew Webb; 11-12-2009, 12:16 AM.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

:Your mental associations with the city of Saratoga Springs, NY consist of (in reverse order):

4. The nationally famous springs,
      3. SPAC,
      2. The world-famous racetrack,
      1. Skidmore.
      Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
      A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
      A Handful of ECAC West Championships
      A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
      Some National Championships:
      Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
      Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
        Who was the author?
        Gene R. Hatzenbeler

He seems to be some kind of fisheries expert. It was an article about predicting the quality lake habitats from other data.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan_2002 View Post
          : you recognize towns in New York State and other East Coast towns that are referenced on t.v., even though you have never been to the part of the country!
          Replace with Wisconsin and Midwest... and yup!
          Originally posted by zamboney
          the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
          2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

: Your mom is coming to visit from California and will be here a day and a half. You are excited to look at a calendar and realize you can take her to two NCHA games...in the same day.
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

: When you go on a road trip, you don't use the hotel ice bucket for ice...you use the garbage can.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

-You've been to every SUNYAC hockey rink and have compiled a list ranking them from your most favorite to least, taking into account such things as atmosphere, concessions, sightlines, attractiveness of the student body, and, of course, the all important "intangibles."

-Somebody says Plattsburgh, and you don't reply "huh? where's that?"

I'm sure I can think of more
                #OneKnight

Comment

Here's another...

-You've driven in the biting cold through snow squalls that are 20 feet high to see a hockey game (guess where that game was)
                  #OneKnight

Comment

: You've actually stopped somewhere in New York west of Buffalo rather than driving through as quickly as possible.
                    Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                    A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                    A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                    A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                    Some National Championships:
                    Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                    Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                      Here's another...

-You've driven in the biting cold through snow squalls that are 20 feet high to see a hockey game (guess where that game was)

: You have once dialed up an Oswego campus-cam online just to observe the whiteout conditions

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

: You've been to more DIII games (13) than any team in the nation has played (9, counting exhibitions)
                        MIAC Columnist

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Bridges View Post
                          : You've been to more DIII games (13) than any team in the nation has played (9, counting exhibitions)
                          Impressive.

Going to give your housemate a run this year?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                            : You browse atlases just to figure out where all "those Eastern" schools are located
                            : After getting let go from your job, you spend a week creating this instead of looking for a job. (BTW, this needs some updates, any help is appreciated)

: You call up work and tell them that you won't be in tomorrow because you're stuck in a snowstorm, when really it's because you're 5 hours away in Superior still waiting for Matt Webb to finish up his article on the national championship game and it's almost 11 PM.

: You steal your wife's car to go to an SNC game and tell her that you are watching Olympic curlers in Waupaca with Webb, because she wouldn't understand.

: You were excited on the way to the Frozen Four when Caveman pointed out the exits that will get you to Hobart (Geneva) and Morrisville
                            : and Oswego, and Potsdam, and...
                            D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                            Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Caveman

How is baby Caveman?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

He's sniping top shelf already. I gotta work on his backcheck though. He's too lazy out there.
                                D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                                Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Working...
                                X