X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Cadets Hockey 2011-2012: In Search of a Title

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
    Free to our viewers but not to Norwich
    I hope they do a price adjustment. And from what I see, there has been a lot of "chatter" on the "infinite loop" issue, all since October 2011, and a lot on the video package since January 2012, so I'm sure it will get worked out, but I doubt by tomorrow. HOPEFULLY, the problem is related to the HD issue. If it is a bandwidth or number of user issue, at least the Plattsburgh & Oswego listeners will be busy elsewhere.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Out here in Colorado I never lost the NSN feed but it did "loop" or pause or something several times in the latter part of the second and most of the 3rd period. The end result was that the picture was 45 seconds or more behind the WDEV broadcast. Thankfully WDEV was there. It sure was hard on my brain trying to watch the TV to see what the play looked like that George had commented on 45 seconds ago simultaneously with trying to hear what was happening in real time. I was too stubborn to turn off the TV and just listen.

Comment

To anyone in the know, any chance we could see Emmond Bell tonight? It would be great to have him on the ice, maybe providing not only a physical lift for the team, but also an emotional one as well. Last night they lost their intensity and passing game in the middle of the second and appeared tired and frustrated. (I have to admit, the refs called a poor game and that in itself was frustrating for the players, on both sides). I know that So. Maine was playing the game of their lives, but...? Norwich definately cannot do that anymore in the next game(s). Maybe the guy who scored a shortie seconds after breaking his ankle can provide the spark the Cadets need for the next few weeks.The team must be tired, but should have confidence that despite all the injuries, all the adversity, they find a way to make it "all the way". Go Cadets.
        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

I was surprised to see Currier on defense last night, thought he was a forward. Maybe he has played defense in the last few games and I missed that. What is going on with Fulton, Gatien and Gour?

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
            To anyone in the know, any chance we could see Emmond Bell tonight? It would be great to have him on the ice, maybe providing not only a physical lift for the team, but also an emotional one as well. Last night they lost their intensity and passing game in the middle of the second and appeared tired and frustrated. (I have to admit, the refs called a poor game and that in itself was frustrating for the players, on both sides). I know that So. Maine was playing the game of their lives, but...? Norwich definately cannot do that anymore in the next game(s). Maybe the guy who scored a shortie seconds after breaking his ankle can provide the spark the Cadets need for the next few weeks.The team must be tired, but should have confidence that despite all the injuries, all the adversity, they find a way to make it "all the way". Go Cadets.
            I'm going to give USM the credit for the way they played. NU was frustrated because that trap the USM used was designed to stop NU's typical breakout patterns. The seams were not there, and ever pass was broken up. The Huskies knew exactly what the Cadets were going to do to try to get through the neutral zone. If you noticed, USM was doing very little forechecking. The only time they forechecked was when they were on offense, or if they had about a 70% chance at a free puck. They never contested 50-50 possessions - they just dropped back and packed 5 men in the Neutral zone. Sometimes they would have one guy go as deep as the dots, and the other four in the Neutral zone, but usually they had three guys back on our blue line and two on theirs. Norwich's passes got interrupted over and over again. That was the reason for the frustration. Their plan was to get the turnover in the neutral zone and take it the other way. If they couldn't pick up the puck in our end, they'd drop back and do it all over again. It was frustrating to watch from my angle, because I could just see that the passing lanes were not open.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
              I saw the refs call a great game. They called it even both way's. It's playoffs so they put the wistle away for most of the game like they should.

Comment

Two games today between Castleton and Norwich. The first game is the Women’s @ 3:00 PM and should be Cake Walk for the lady cadets. The second game will be an intense game considering the two league games were great games. Norwich will need to play a disciplined game and stay out of the box. Castleton seems to have the formula for the power play against Norwich. I would not be surprised to see Castleton target Kyle and try to get him to pick up penalties for his after the whistle activities.

Comment

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
                  I saw the refs call a great game. They called it even both way's. It's playoffs so they put the wistle away for most of the game like they should.
                  Unless there were some things going on outside the camera view that I could not see, I would agree with wickfan, the refs let them play.

Comment

I am sure that CSC has scouted the Cadets well just as I am sure that following yesterday's game, McShane conducted "a long, in depth remedial dialog" with the team about what worked and what did not work yesterday. All I know is that the team that brought us this far is with 22 wins--including two over CSC--takes the ice today. And my money is on them!

Now the question remains is if NSN... which gave us all so much enjoyment throughout this season in all the home games.... has fixed their own "infinite loop dedected in JError."problems?

I have looked high and low and from where I am sitting I am hooked up...I detect no JErrors here on my end.. and am raring to go. Now NSN needs to do the same thing to be sure they do not s...w the pooch with the broadcast of this critical game.
                    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
                      Unless there were some things going on outside the camera view that I could not see, I would agree with wickfan, the refs let them play.
                      There were things that should have been called that weren't both ways, and I think that led to the physical confrontation at the end - I think they should have made a few more penalty calls. They also really blew an offside call (to Norwich's favor) that almost led to a goal. I would say they did an okay job.

Comment

We got to 1,000 before they did. We've got 1000 they've got 998!

Comment

Working...
                        X