Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
    If you had attended any of the last 6 games you would know more that 1000 people have been showing up? Well over that the last 3 games…Closer to 2500 by my estimates. Ask any EC fan on this board.
    Just because the Paper may print 1000 people attended doesnt mean thats how many really attend....
    But again if that’s the real number the committee and NCAA is going by, shame on Elmira for not posting correct Attendance figures.
    Again, as I have stated, every year we hear the NCAA is in it for the $$$$ and how they can spend the least amount and make the most of it.
    I just think they blew it in the $$$$ aspect this year…That’s all.
    I've been to several Elmira games, especially the ones where they say there are 1500 there and there is maybe 750....spare me...
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
      Whatever. So competitive that both semi-final games in the MCHA ended in 9-2 blowouts?
      Just like that 9-2 blowout Oswego had of Bowdoin in the NCAA quarterfinals last year? How soon we forget! That game sure got you guys ready for your next one too didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        I've been to several Elmira games, especially the ones where they say there are 1500 there and there is maybe 750....spare me...
        Thanks, you proved my point...someone cant count.
        If you had been to the last 3 games you would have seen the reverse. 1500 reported...in all actuality 2500 or more.
        Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by lukem2000
          If you had attended any of the last 6 games you would know more that 1000 people have been showing up? Well over that the last 3 games…Closer to 2500 by my estimates. Ask any EC fan on this board.
          Just because the Paper may print 1000 people attended doesnt mean thats how many really attend....
          But again if that’s the real number the committee and NCAA is going by, shame on Elmira for not posting correct Attendance figures.
          Again, as I have stated, every year we hear the NCAA is in it for the $$$$ and how they can spend the least amount and make the most of it.
          I just think they blew it in the $$$$ aspect this year…That’s all.
          Doesn't matter who's right here - the game will still be in MICHIGAN...
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            You are absolutely correct. Good for Adrian. Im sure they will be a great host.

Maybe in the future they can somehow plan a regular season series with each other.
            Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Fixed your post !

Comment

• Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
                Thanks, you proved my point...someone cant count.
                If you had been to the last 3 games you would have seen the reverse. 1500 reported...in all actuality 2500 or more.
                Yea because I'm sure they would miscount 1200 people on the positive side of things.......
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                  Just like that 9-2 blowout Oswego had of Bowdoin in the NCAA quarterfinals last year? How soon we forget! That game sure got you guys ready for your next one too didn't it?
                  Which was exactly the point, it happens in both regions. The original post implied it only happens in the East. I don't see what Oz blowing out Bowdoin has to do with losing to Norberts, but...ok. Nice point, you got me there.
                  Last edited by 93GreatLaker; 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM.
                  93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                  2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

As we frequently say in DIII hockey, it is what it is...
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      It's not the NCAA's fault that the East Committee dropped Elmira to #3. The rules clearly state that in the case of a cross-region matchup, the team with the higher seed in their respective region hosts and with Adrian as the 2 and Elmira as the 3, the Bulldogs get to host.

If Elmira was kept at #2, they would be hosting Adrian, no ifs ands or buts about it. Plattsburgh got bumped to #2, which accomplished nothing in terms of where they would end up eventually. Regardless, they were going to host the Curry/Norwich winner whether they were #3 or #2 in the East.

Instead, by dropping Elmira to #3 all of sudden in the final rankings, the East lost a quarterfinal host site and failed to protect one of their top seeds.

The West outplayed the East this year.
                      On last nights Behind The Bench Bob Emery disclosed that actually with the NCAA cirteria Plattsburgh should have had the number 2 spot in the previous weeks poll. He did not know why they weren't. You can listen to the recorded show on www.wiry.com

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Gotta love how people whine for the committee to go "by the numbers" but now they wished they hadn't ...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Is this history in the making? Will this be the first NCAA D-III Ice Hockey National Championship game in the State of Michigan?
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Gotta love how people whine for the committee to go "by the numbers" but now they wished they hadn't ...
                            Remy I'm not whining about the committee going by the numbers. I want to know why Elmira was still two last week and then all of a sudden this week they are 3. That's what I don't get. Especially when it cost the east a home game.

Dan, if the committee could go back and change the rankings why wouldn't they have done so so that Elmira would have hosted?
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

1985, I don't dislike the players. They play hard and I feel sorry for the kid who broke his wrist and couldn't play in the Playoffs. I will leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Why do teams report inaacurate attendance figures?? I think it has to do with recruiting!

Comment

Working...
                                X