Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Correct. But, had Elmira been kept at #2, which they were in last week's rankings, they would have hosted Adrian.

Plattsburgh would not have been affected at all if they were #2 seed in the east or the #3 seed. They would still get a quarterfinal host and play the Norwich/Curry winner.

I realize Plattsburgh wins the criteria against Elmira. However, why were they not ahead last week? Especially, since moving them this week cost the East a quarterfinal host site with Elmira/Adrian. The criteria would only have moved closer this week after Elmira played Neumann and Plattsburgh played Fredonia.
    All I can say is whoever was on the eastern committee should have fought a little harder to keep EC at #2. They had justified them being there for 3 previous weeks.

I also see after reading the so called rules and BYLAWS (31.1.3.2.1.d) one of the main points to a site getting to host is $$$$$. How they figure they can make more money on a school that will sell at most 1000 tickets (500 according to uscho) compared to a school that can sell potentially 3000 tickets is crazy.

It just seems every year we hear it all about the $$$$ and this year I think they really screwed up.

This is not meant to put down what Adrian has done. I think Adrian will be a good host.
    Im just saying if its really about $$$$$ make it about $$$$$.
    Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
      That makes sense. Thanks
      Turns out I was actually wrong here.

It is $5 for general admission and $6 for reserved seat as minimums. My apologies. But, Bowdoin will still be responsible for covering the cost of the students.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
        All I can say is whoever was on the eastern committee should have fought a little harder to keep EC at #2. They had justified them being there for 3 previous weeks.

I also see after reading the so called rules and BYLAWS (31.1.3.2.1.d) one of the main points to a site getting to host is $$$$$. How they figure they can make more money on a school that will sell at most 1000 tickets (500 according to uscho) compared to a school that can sell potentially 3000 tickets is crazy.

It just seems every year we hear it all about the $$$$ and this year I think they really screwed up.

This is not meant to put down what Adrian has done. I think Adrian will be a good host.
        Im just saying if its really about $$$$$ make it about $$$$$.
        It's not the NCAA's fault that the East Committee dropped Elmira to #3. The rules clearly state that in the case of a cross-region matchup, the team with the higher seed in their respective region hosts and with Adrian as the 2 and Elmira as the 3, the Bulldogs get to host.

If Elmira was kept at #2, they would be hosting Adrian, no ifs ands or buts about it. Plattsburgh got bumped to #2, which accomplished nothing in terms of where they would end up eventually. Regardless, they were going to host the Curry/Norwich winner whether they were #3 or #2 in the East.

Instead, by dropping Elmira to #3 all of sudden in the final rankings, the East lost a quarterfinal host site and failed to protect one of their top seeds.

The West outplayed the East this year.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
          What is the NESCAC biggest complaints about the ECAC-EAST???? You will find your answers in there...The Bench penalties @ 20:00 minutes don't help either...
          Well that has happened with a number of teams this year, does Todd get a little over the top sometimes? Yes I will agree, BUT I will tell you this I know all of the guys and they are a great group, will probably win the College's GPA Award for the Winter sports AGAIN this year, as for citizens in the community, Todd has the boys work very hard throughout not only Castleton, but Rutland, Fair Haven and Bomaseen as well. So I guess I will have to guess and say it is the style they play that you don't like, I don't see a problem do thsy take some dumb penalties yup but show me a team that doesn't, but I do take issue with the statement that noone want to play them and as for NESCAC teams well there are some of those I don't really care for either, but they do what they do. While I don't like how some teams played this year either I WILL NOT bad mouth the team or their players, these young men are working their tails off on the ice and in the class room. Here is hoping all of the games are 1 goal thrillers!!

Comment

I think it is kind of funny that even though UWS got in, that UW Stout would have also beat out Castleton State as well.

That is just how much the NCAA weighs sos! Adrian can attest to this in past years.

I know everyone out East in beside themselves, but this could have been the year that 5 west teams could have made the dance.

I would argue that UWEC and UW Stout would have made the final field more competitive. Like every year, someone out East will get bombed in the first round and QF game. That would never happen out West. The teams are too deep, and evenly matched. It is like the WCHA, anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

Westscout

Comment

It's not the NCAA's fault that the East Committee dropped Elmira to #3. The rules clearly state that in the case of a cross-region matchup, the team with the higher seed in their respective region hosts and with Adrian as the 2 and Elmira as the 3, the Bulldogs get to host.

If Elmira was kept at #2, they would be hosting Adrian, no ifs ands or buts about it. Plattsburgh got bumped to #2, which accomplished nothing in terms of where they would end up eventually. Regardless, they were going to host the Curry/Norwich winner whether they were #3 or #2 in the East.

Instead, by dropping Elmira to #3 all of sudden in the final rankings, the East lost a quarterfinal host site and failed to protect one of their top seeds.

Prez I don’t disagree...

However per the Handbook…Attendance and Revenue Potential is a Criteria.

Again it just doesn’t make sense that we always hear its about $$$$. They could have made it about $$$$ and they didn’t.
              Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
                Prez I don’t disagree...

Again it just doesn’t make sense that we always hear its about $$$$. They could have made it about $$$$ and they didn’t.
                Yes and what I'm saying is the national committee's hands were tied at that point. A higher seeded team had to host. You can't go back in change your rankings once you make them and bring them to the national committee meeting. Adrian had to host since they were #2 and Elmira was 3.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
                  Prez I don’t disagree...

Pleae...Elmira hardly broke 1000 in their past 6 home games...now they are going to get 3000?!?!?! Adrian has averaged maybe 100-200 less then Adrian lately...hardly a big difference in the NCAAs eyes.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

You can't go back in change your rankings once you make them and bring them to the national committee meeting.
                    Actually the national committee CAN go back in and change regional rankings if they so choose. The regional rankings are made by the regional advisory committee. The national committee has the final say on all such ranking matters.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985 View Post
                      Well that has happened with a number of teams this year, does Todd get a little over the top sometimes? Yes I will agree, BUT I will tell you this I know all of the guys and they are a great group, will probably win the College's GPA Award for the Winter sports AGAIN this year, as for citizens in the community, Todd has the boys work very hard throughout not only Castleton, but Rutland, Fair Haven and Bomaseen as well. So I guess I will have to guess and say it is the style they play that you don't like, I don't see a problem do thsy take some dumb penalties yup but show me a team that doesn't, but I do take issue with the statement that noone want to play them and as for NESCAC teams well there are some of those I don't really care for either, but they do what they do. While I don't like how some teams played this year either I WILL NOT bad mouth the team or their players, these young men are working their tails off on the ice and in the class room. Here is hoping all of the games are 1 goal thrillers!!
                      Some dumb penalties??????

Season penalty statistics per collegehockeystats

Code:
                        1   Univ. New England           25     557      22.3
                        2   Castleton                   27     535      19.8
                        3   Saint Michael's             27     445      16.5
                        4   New England Coll.           26     400      15.4
                        5   Southern Maine              26     399      15.3
                        6   Saint Anselm                26     361      13.9
                        7   UMass Boston                26     337      13.0
                        8   Skidmore                    26     334      12.8
                        9   Babson                      28     354      12.6
                       10   Norwich                     28     260       9.3
                      Nearly 20 minutes per game in the course of a 27 game schedule is more than an occasional dumb penalty. That's a pattern. When Norwich has a rash of penalties in a game, those are occasional dumb penalties.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Hopefully in the "smoke filled room" only...

here comes the boss!

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                          Actually the national committee CAN go back in and change regional rankings if they so choose. The regional rankings are made by the regional advisory committee. The national committee has the final say on all such ranking matters.
                          This reminds me of debating the actual size of the iceberg that sank the Titanic...it doesn't really matter - the ship sank...it was big enough!
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

yeah, i have a complaint, why isn't it Saturday yet? i want to watch some hockey
                            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by westscout View Post
                              I think it is kind of funny that even though UWS got in, that UW Stout would have also beat out Castleton State as well.

That is just how much the NCAA weighs sos! Adrian can attest to this in past years.

I know everyone out East in beside themselves, but this could have been the year that 5 west teams could have made the dance.

I would argue that UWEC and UW Stout would have made the final field more competitive. Like every year, someone out East will get bombed in the first round and QF game. That would never happen out West. The teams are too deep, and evenly matched. It is like the WCHA, anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

Westscout
                              Whatever. So competitive that both semi-final games in the MCHA ended in 9-2 blowouts?

If anyone in the East gets blown out this year it will more than likely be Curry (no offense intended to Curry fans). They received an autobid, there is nothing that can be done about that. Perhaps UWEC or Stout would make the tourney more competitive should they replace Curry, but then again so might Utica, Manhattanville, or Hobart as they all beat the Colonels this year.
                              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Pleae...Elmira hardly broke 1000 in their past 6 home games...now they are going to get 3000?!?!?! Adrian has averaged maybe 100-200 less then Adrian lately...hardly a big difference in the NCAAs eyes.
                                If you had attended any of the last 6 games you would know more that 1000 people have been showing up? Well over that the last 3 games…Closer to 2500 by my estimates. Ask any EC fan on this board.
                                Just because the Paper may print 1000 people attended doesnt mean thats how many really attend....
                                But again if that’s the real number the committee and NCAA is going by, shame on Elmira for not posting correct Attendance figures.
                                Again, as I have stated, every year we hear the NCAA is in it for the $$$$ and how they can spend the least amount and make the most of it.
                                I just think they blew it in the $$$$ aspect this year…That’s all.
                                Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X