Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by iontyre View Post
    Well, at least no one is complaining that Oswego got in...
    Wait just a darn minute! Utica ONLY lost to Oswego TWICE this year. That means Utica definitely should have gotten in over Oswego!

Travesty!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1985 View Post
      They are a physical team get over it it's hockey! and when they take dumb penalties they pay for it being a man down, as for schedule do you think the teams that scheduled CSC ever thought they would go from winning 9 games to winning 22? Probably not just as when scheduling Brockport (14-12-1 prior year)Becker (13-12-2) Johnson and Wales 12-14, teams are always hoping to improve unfortunately the 3 Suny schools on the CSC schedule only won 21 games between them, Johnson and Wales over .500. Mind you the same SUNY schools that Oswego and Plattsburg play as well

It's not that they play too physical.....There are other reasons: this is what they need look in the mirror about....Perception is huge here!!!

USM's OOC schedule: Elimra, Buffalo State, Salem State, Colby, Middlebury, and the US U18 Team(yeah I know it doesn't count)....How many of those teams do you think would play CSC???

Comment

• Originally posted by 1985 View Post
        They are a physical team get over it it's hockey! and when they take dumb penalties they pay for it being a man down, as for schedule do you think the teams that scheduled CSC ever thought they would go from winning 9 games to winning 22? Probably not just as when scheduling Brockport (14-12-1 prior year)Becker (13-12-2) Johnson and Wales 12-14, teams are always hoping to improve unfortunately the 3 Suny schools on the CSC schedule only won 21 games between them, Johnson and Wales over .500. Mind you the same SUNY schools that Oswego and Plattsburg play as well
        Correct, exactly why both Oswego and PlattsburgH play one of the hardest NC schedules around. You can't control what happens in your conference, but your NC schedule you have some say in...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Well here is a start seeing everyone has to do your work for you....

3/6 Secret

3/1
          http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ankings-are-up...

St.Norbert
          Adrian
          Hamline
          UWS
          Stout
          MSOE
          Gustavus

2/22
          St Norbert
          Adrian
          Hamline
          Stout
          Superior
          St.Thomas
          MSOE

2/15
          Cant seem to find (or was this the first "secret" ranking)

They can rank who ever they want. Once ranked always ranked. They could rank all the lower teams in the first and last "secret" rankings to help add some wins agaisnt ranked opponents to their top teams. This was something new this year. For years it was always only concidered ranked in that weeks poll. And you last line is exactly what I talk about when the discussion of UTICA and the ECAC West comes up. If they play weak OOC games and boost up their own SOS, when they play each other they seem like they are playing harder teams.

Now moving on, each "region" is ranked (east 1-11, west 1-7) call it fair or not thats what they do. Using the criteria:

Primary Criteria:
          Team's winning percentage in region (WIN, win%)
          Strength of schedule, weighted combination of OWP and OOP:
          Opponent's winning percentage in-region (OWP)
          Opponent's opponent's winning percentage in-region (OOP, OOWP)
          Record against common opponents of compared teams in-region (COP)
          Head-to-head record of compared teams in-region (H2H)
          Record against ranked teams in region (RNK, discussed below)

Secondary criteria
          Head-to-head record of compared teams out of region
          Team's winning percentage in all Division-III games (in and out of region)
          Team's winning percentage in all games
          Record against common non-Division-III opponents
          Record against ranked teams in and out of region
          Record against all common opponents (in and out of region)
          Overall Division-III strength of schedule (in and out of region)
          Winning percentage in the last 25% of the season

Amazingly enough, we also have team comparisons that show us these criteria and how a team would stack up against another found here: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwc/d-.../team-by-team/

Once they are all ranked in their region, and all the Pool A and Pool B slots are filled its time for Pool C bids (at large) They take their remaining teams (in order from their region) and go one by one down the order.

So you would have seen first UWS vs Neumann of which Neumann wins that criteria over UWS which puts them in the dance.

Next you would have (and we assume here because the final rankings are secret) UWS vs Castleton
          The criteria is tied 1-1 with Castleton taking Win % and UWS taking SOS. Not sure what ranked was and dont think there was any Common Opponents and no H2H. Based on what the Committee has done over the years (see Adrian/St.Johns) they weigh the SOS heavily, Thus giving the bid to UWS.

Had the East ranked Salem ahead of Castleton it would still have been a tie 1-1 (same way) with UWS, but a lot closer in SOS. Again not sure on the others, but it could have been enough to put Salem in over UWS?? Maybe.

Had the East ranked Utica ahead of Castleton, Utica would have won 2-0 over UWS winning both Win % and SOS.

But, this year the committee (at least the East) went by the book when ranking teams that we know of (see the 2 secret rankings we will never know)
          Excellent post, with all that said I would be interested in why the Eastern Committee ranked Castleton over Utica. After all, Utica and Superior were very similar in that they both beat Castleton in SOS (Utica even more so) and both had a lower win % than Castleton (though Utica's win % was better than Superior). Record vs. common opponents for Utica and Castleton was even so that did not come into play. Did it come down to record vs ranked opponents? Weren't Utica's and Superior's records against ranked opponents similar, and both at a lower win% than Castleton's?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Superior getting in over both Utica and Castleton, but it appears the criteria that put Superior ahead of Castleton would have put Utica over Castleton as well. And if that were the case, Utica wins the comparison with Superior and they would be in the dance.

And in regards to the contention that if you lose to a team 4 times in one year that precludes you from being in the NCAAs that is BS. I know of a team that lost to another 5 times (ultimately 6) and received a bid
          93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
          2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            Well I was just trying to take pity on that poor dead horse that a couple of them have been continuing to beat unmercifully.
            And to think, I thought they were trying CPR
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
              Excellent post, with all that said I would be interested in why the Eastern Committee ranked Castleton over Utica. After all, Utica and Superior were very similar in that they both beat Castleton in SOS (Utica even more so) and both had a lower win % than Castleton (though Utica's win % was better than Superior). Record vs. common opponents for Utica and Castleton was even so that did not come into play. Did it come down to record vs ranked opponents? Weren't Utica's and Superior's records against ranked opponents similar, and both at a lower win% than Castleton's?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Superior getting in over both Utica and Castleton, but it appears the criteria that put Superior ahead of Castleton would have put Utica over Castleton as well. And if that were the case, Utica wins the comparison with Superior and they would be in the dance.

And in regards to the contention that if you lose to a team 4 times in one year that precludes you from being in the NCAAs that is BS. I know of a team that lost to another 5 times (ultimately 6) and received a bid
              Simple Answer: The Eastern Ranking Committee weighted the criteria one way, the Western Ranking Committee weighted it another, and the Championship Committee weighted it more similarly (although not necessarily EXACTLY) to the Western Committee's weights.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                It's not that they play too physical.....There are other reasons: this is what they need look in the mirror about....Perception is huge here!!!

USM's OOC schedule: Elimra, Buffalo State, Salem State, Colby, Middlebury, and the US U18 Team(yeah I know it doesn't count)....How many of those teams do you think would play CSC???
                So tell me just what is your perception of CSC?? They did play Colby this year! Utica , Plattsburg and Geneseo the year before....other than you I have only hear the Middlebury posts that don't care for CSC for what ever reason....I watched 18 of their games this year and fail to see what this "perception" problem is so enlighten me

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  Simple Answer: The Eastern Ranking Committee weighted the criteria one way, the Western Ranking Committee weighted it another, and the Championship Committee weighted it more similarly (although not necessarily EXACTLY) to the Western Committee's weights.
                  Western Committee - 2
                  Eastern Committee - 0
                  93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                  2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Correct, exactly why both Oswego and PlattsburgH play one of the hardest NC schedules around. You can't control what happens in your conference, but your NC schedule you have some say in...
                    So let me get this staight, CSC played teams in the SUNY nc , you say that is why Oswego and Platty play one of the hardest schedules around and yet CSC is belittled for playing these same teams....I'm sure the SUNY teams all want to get better and yes for the top teams youknow for the most part year in and tear out how good they will be, but I don't think you expect the 3 teams CSC did play to only win 21 games between them for the year Castleton handled Potsdam, Brockport and Morrisville with no problems and Morrisville had a couple of impressive wins against Plattsburg and Oswego

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                      Wait just a darn minute! Utica ONLY lost to Oswego TWICE this year. That means Utica definitely should have gotten in over Oswego!

Travesty!!
                      but what you gotta remember is, both of those games were **** close....
                      Our bite is worse than our bark....
                      Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985 View Post
                        So tell me just what is your perception of CSC?? They did play Colby this year! Utica , Plattsburg and Geneseo the year before....other than you I have only hear the Middlebury posts that don't care for CSC for what ever reason....I watched 18 of their games this year and fail to see what this "perception" problem is so enlighten me
                        Don't mind him he's had soup in his shorts over Castleton for two years and it gets old. He's just upset Castleton built a good team in a short time while Southern Maine has been a non-factor since the Carter administration. You're on your own defending Castletons schedule but dont mind hockeyfan77 one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
                          Don't mind him he's had soup in his shorts over Castleton for two years and it gets old. He's just upset Castleton built a good team in a short time while Southern Maine has been a non-factor since the Carter administration. You're on your own defending Castletons schedule but dont mind hockeyfan77 one bit.

Thanks I agree, not meaning to defend as I wish the schedule was a tougher one as well, but CSC has had to play the interlock and they play each of the teams 1 time leaving only 5 games out of conf, Like in the NCHA 4 teams in your league ranked and play them 3x's all of a sudden you have played 12 ranked team!! I have nothing against the NCHA teams and feel they are very good my point was only that CSC played 3 SUNY teams , while not the best it was what it was.

Comment

$10 a ticket for Saturday night's Quarterfinal game.

Ouch.
                            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post

I can't take your seriously every post you have is a negative comment about somebody: Example Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post

Careful with the "Dumb Cheerleader" remarks. My daughter cheered from 4th grade through college. She graduated with highest honors. She has a masters degree in education with certificates in several different educational capacities. She presently teaches special education.

At least you aren't pointlessly hypersensitive about anything. It's good to learn that about your daughter though, even though no one cares.

I think you are the one that gets on the site to "soil their Diapers".....Or "soup in their shorts"
                              Last edited by hockeyfan77; 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                                $10 a ticket for Saturday night's Quarterfinal game.

Ouch.
                                is that NCAA mandate for all games or is the price set by the teams?

Comment

Working...
                                X