Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Also don't get me wrong I agree a better schedule is needed, playing the interlock I don't think helped...I am new to this and just trying to get a feel of the way things go....Yea I wish CSC would have gotten in but its not the end of the world, do I have a problem with the Brackets? Not really, heck the ways things have been going it would appear to be a good field and let the games begin....I do appreciate the help from some of you as I will be the first to tell you I hate computers and navigation is not easy .

Comment

Just one comment - you sounded a trifle arrogant with your initial posting - "this can't be true" "they are hiding this from me", etc. The process is a long ways from transparent (especially the part about the "secret ratings"), but there is logic to it, and the committee was consistent with previous years. It surprised me a bit because I thought that CSC's winning percentage would be a big enough advantage to put them in. It's a good field. My sense is that CSC needed to have another game with NU to have a better shot. Even if they lost, their SOS would have looked stronger.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Well I was just trying to take pity on that poor dead horse that a couple of them have been continuing to beat unmercifully.
        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Seems like every year a team or two gets left out that should have been in. last year I thought Manhattanville should have been in and this year I thought Castleton should have gotten in, so be it.
          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Just one comment - you sounded a trifle arrogant with your initial posting - "this can't be true" "they are hiding this from me", etc. The process is a long ways from transparent (especially the part about the "secret ratings"), but there is logic to it, and the committee was consistent with previous years. It surprised me a bit because I thought that CSC's winning percentage would be a big enough advantage to put them in. It's a good field. My sense is that CSC needed to have another game with NU to have a better shot. Even if they lost, their SOS would have looked stronger.
            My apologies, was never meant to be that but I did get my dander up a little with some of the replies, did not mean to imply anyone was hiding anything from me just was asking for direction as I was unable to find it. I also thought that CSC might have a high enough winning pct to get in but not the case, the boys had a good season after only winning 9 games the year before, hopefully Todd will get some better teams on the schedule.
            Thanks again.

Comment

so, when am i getting my official uc tissue box you guys are promising me?
              Our bite is worse than our bark....
              Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
                Sounds like someone needs his diaper changed. Or did you just have one too many drinks tonight? If you work games for Southern Maine maybe should spend less time crying like a soiled newborn and spend more figuring out how to get your own dogpile out of the bottom half the league.
                I am just telling the truth, no team wants to play them( nobody will say it but it''s the truth, why do you think the SOS sucked so bad)...I don't drink and I am sure your dogpile smells a whole lot worse than mine...You know what they say if you don't know anything than you should probably shut the mouth....But I guess ignorance is bliss in your case...

Comment

Originally posted by 1985 View Post
                  This guy has been bashing CSC for 2 years now over what he says was someone throwing ice balls at him, the hockey team had nothing to do with that if it happened and there are plenty of teams that have no problem playing CSC so get over yourself its time to grow up.

I wasn't bashing the players, I actually feel kind of bad for them: I just find it ironic...Maybe it's time for CSC to look in the mirror and wonder why the couldn't get stronger OOC games...Helpful Criticism is also needed and so isn't an outside point of view...if you don't like it don't read it and keep your head in the sand...

Comment

Why is Hamline is on the road to Superior ?
                    Would the committee have ranked Superior ahead of them in the final secret ballot ?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      Would the committee have ranked Superior ahead of them in the final secret ballot ?
                      I believe it was an ice issue with Hamline.
                      I’m pretty sure I read that someplace on here.
                      Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
                        I believe it was an ice issue with Hamline.
                        I’m pretty sure I read that someplace on here.
                        Correct, no ice...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                          http://www.d3westhockey.com/Selectio...ned030711.html
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                            edit: too slow...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                              I wasn't bashing the players, I actually feel kind of bad for them: I just find it ironic...Maybe it's time for CSC to look in the mirror and wonder why the couldn't get stronger OOC games...Helpful Criticism is also needed and so isn't an outside point of view...if you don't like it don't read it and keep your head in the sand...
                              They are a physical team get over it it's hockey! and when they take dumb penalties they pay for it being a man down, as for schedule do you think the teams that scheduled CSC ever thought they would go from winning 9 games to winning 22? Probably not just as when scheduling Brockport (14-12-1 prior year)Becker (13-12-2) Johnson and Wales 12-14, teams are always hoping to improve unfortunately the 3 Suny schools on the CSC schedule only won 21 games between them, Johnson and Wales over .500. Mind you the same SUNY schools that Oswego and Plattsburg play as well

Comment

Shame on me for missing this gem.

Comment

Working...
                                X