• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Superior did lose to SNC 3 times as well

Comment

So much whinning,....I've now added Utica and Casleton to my list of teams that I don't care if they never win another game.
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        And lost to 9! different (I think) teams. Again, I am trying to make this the thing I learn about today..........If one team lost to, say SNC, 4 times and won all their other games, would they still have the fork stuck in them? (That's what it seems you said.) Or what if the team in question had split with Oswego and Elmira, but still lost 4 to Neumann, you would predict that they not be a considered team? And....is this based on rules, based on your experience with the selection process, or your opinion? Can Mr. Jaslow help out here?

Edit: Thanks, Russell...your post while I was (slowly) writing this really helped.
        Yes, I think if Superior had not taken that one game from SNC they would have been left out too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
          So much whinning,....I've now added Utica and Casleton to my list of teams that I don't care if they never win another game.
          Please....I was not whinning. I was trying to understand statements made by others in this board.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Not really. They don't even look at putting together the bracket until after the 11 teams are selected.
            I hear ya. I'm sure that's the letter of the law, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Not really. They don't even look at putting together the bracket until after the 11 teams are selected.
              I would think they have it in their mind at least...they must be thinking of their precious travel restrictions as they determine the remaining bids.

Comment

This coming from the person whining about having to pay 6 bucks to watch a game on the internet,,,,,,,,I was not whining about Castleton not making it but looking for some insight on how things are done in the selection process and what and where things can be found

Comment

Originally posted by 1985 View Post
                  This coming from the person whining about having to pay 6 bucks to watch a game on the internet,,
                  Gee, I would whine about that too (and have when wanting to get some info on a UW game)................
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I don't believe Castleton chose their out of conf foes to bolster their win pct and as for the rest of the schedule it is the same as Norwich....but from what you are saying then even thou you do beat the teams you should beat you are better off losing 8 games to ranked teams showing you can't beat them and that carries more weight...Castleton was still 5-2 against ranked teams...hopefully Todd will make the adjustment for next year as I do believe Castleton will be very competitive again losing only 2 seniors
                    http://collegehockeystats.net/0809/schedules/adrm

23-0-0 in region in a conference with no at large bid. No at large bid. They did beat the eventual national champions though, by a 10-1 score.

Similarly, St. John's went 20-3-0 in region. http://collegehockeystats.net/0304/schedules/stjm

Lost in overtime in the MIAC championship game: no at large bid.

It's how the NCAA does things Play a tough schedule and do decently against ranked teams and you will have a good shot for an at large bid. Have a high win %, play only a few ranked teams, and a low SOS and historically the NCAA has *not* looked favorably on you.

It's the risk teams take when they don't win their autobid. Better luck next year.

Comment

Yeesh, don't let a really small handful of fans change your image of an entire fanbase, coaching staff, and college program. If you do, stay away from professional sports or you'll hate everyone.

Comment

but looking for some insight on how things are done in the selection process and what and where things can be found

http://www.d3westhockey.com/CareyBracketology.html

Look also in The Definitive Tournament Speculation Thread.

You've had people explain the process to you in this thread, but all you've done is say that it isn't justified. Well, if you'd read the above link / thread, you'd understand exactly what happened, why it happened, and that it's 100% justified.

Comment

Well, at least no one is complaining that Oswego got in...
                          Oswego Class of '80
                          LAKERS - Division III Champs - 2007!

Comment

Originally posted by iontyre View Post
                            Well, at least no one is complaining that Oswego got in...
                            Shhh...

Think of Oswego as the guy sitting back in a corner booth of the bar. Meanwhile, a scrum keeps building over by the drinks. He's hit a rough patch, and he's got some time to regather himself before standing and jumping into the foray. Until that time though, he's laying low and observing. And no one's jumping on his case because...no one exactly knows 100% what to expect from him yet.

Might seem like an odd anology, but bottom line is that, imho, the Lakers are an afterthought until after this week is over. There's a lot more intrigue elsewhere until then.
                            "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                            this is for you."
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

All I have to say is Karma is a. &&&& CSC. Maybe if one team, just one team didn't mind playing you, you might get a shot. Everybody has the same opinion of CSC and it isnt a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                                All I have to say is Karma is a. &&&& CSC. Maybe if one team, just one team didn't mind playing you, you might get a shot. Everybody has the same opinion of CSC and it isnt a good one.
                                Sounds like someone needs his diaper changed. Or did you just have one too many drinks tonight? If you work games for Southern Maine maybe should spend less time crying like a soiled newborn and spend more figuring out how to get your own dogpile out of the bottom half the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X