X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Potsdam got ripped!

They tied Neumann. Tied Neumann! We all know Utica should have gotten in when they went 0-4 against Neumann. Potsdam tied Neumann, so how do they not get in?!?! That's better than 0-4 against Neumann.

Plus, Potsdam played a game ... well, okay, two periods ... in a Division I rink (Clarkson). How does that not get you in?

How many years does it take for Potsdam to beat national playoff selected teams and not get recognized?

Freaking ridiculous!
    *****http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif******
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

"They tied Neumann. Tied Neumann! We all know Utica should have gotten in when they went 0-4 against Neumann. Potsdam tied Neumann, so how do they not get in?!?! That's better than 0-4 against Neumann."

It seemed everyone tied Neumann this year. Expand the field to allow all teams that tied them in. Sorry Utica you will still be left out after this new methology is adopted by the selection commitee.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Potsdam got ripped!

They tied Neumann. Tied Neumann! We all know Utica should have gotten in when they went 0-4 against Neumann. Potsdam tied Neumann, so how do they not get in?!?! That's better than 0-4 against Neumann.

Plus, Potsdam played a game ... well, okay, two periods ... in a Division I rink (Clarkson). How does that not get you in?

How many years does it take for Potsdam to beat national playoff selected teams and not get recognized?

Freaking ridiculous!
        You, sir, are a genius!! May you have a lifetime of pretzels delivered to your door by a William Smith maiden.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'll call your tying of Neumann with a tie of Elmira and I will raise you a three game sweep of Manhattanville.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            You, sir, are a genius!! May you have a lifetime of pretzels delivered to your door by a William Smith maiden.
            I particularly like the 2/3 of a game in a D-I rink (even if it is at a D-III school) point!
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              We actually know a Wiliam Smith maiden. In fact, I have a William Smith window decal on my car to prove it.

Long story...
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I particularly like the 2/3 of a game in a D-I rink (even if it is at a D-III school) point!
                Does that mean Adrian would have got in even if they lost yesterday. They played on a D-1 football field.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
                  Does that mean Adrian would have got in even if they lost yesterday. They played on a D-1 football field.
                  To the most empty seats ever for a DIII hockey game That's worth something
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

It should be even more interesting next year when another at large bid gets dropped because of the MASCAC auto bid, I can only imagine the whining then.

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                      It should be even more interesting next year when another at large bid gets dropped because of the MASCAC auto bid, I can only imagine the whining then.
                      We need to add seven teams, but no new leagues very quickly

Comment

To the most empty seats ever for a DIII hockey game That's worth something
                        Good point, that should get a first round bye.

Comment

• W > e ??

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          The silly thing about it is that had they not switched positions, Plattsburgh's situation doesn't change at all. They would still have played the NU/Curry winner. Elmira would have then had the home game. Clearly the committee was not being consistent from week to week.
                          I would have bet a large sum of cash on Elmira hosting this weekend due solely to the fact that the mercenary, money-grubbing NCAA could raise twice the gate revenue in Pine Valley as in Adrian. There were easily 2500 in the Dome on Saturday. However, I'm glad no one suggested the bet. Go Eagles! and nice job Western committee on sucker punching your Eastern counterparts!

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                            Not quite true. The Pool B slot goes away. If that had happened this year, Oswego, Elmira and (Superior or Neumann) would have been the Pool C's

Pine Valley? I thought that was in Pennsylvania and is the home of one of the most wacko soap opera ever made (All My Children).
                            Last edited by joecct; 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                              Castleton 27 games played 7 against ranked Opponents & Wisconsin-Superior 29 games played 17 against ranked Opponents that is what is going to stand out in the NCAA committee when they start to match up the numbers. That also includes a win against the topped rank team in their region, if memory serves correctly when the Adrian fans a few years ago were up in arms about having only 1 loss on their record and did not make the tournament people threw SOS right in their face. Well the same rules apply here according to the NCAA website In-Region SOS (Weighted OWP-OOWP) Castleton .483 & Superior .541 Opp Avg Win Percentage (Region) Castleton .477 & Superior .547 Opp Opp Avg Win Perc (Region) Castleton .495 & Superior .530.
                              Looking at the polls over the year appears Wisc Sup played 7 games against a team while they were ranked(only 3 team as they played St Norbert 4 times) 2w 5L
                              Castleton played 5 games against teams ranked at the time and were 3-2.(4 teams)

Of the teams Wisc played 2 of the 3 still ranked and 4 of the 5 Castleton played are still ranked.....the stuff of once ranked always ranked is b/s

Comment

Originally posted by 1985 View Post
                                the stuff of once ranked always ranked is b/s
                                The problem is that if you beat a team that is ranked, and beating them makes them unranked, then you don't get credit for a win against a ranked team. You hurt yourself by winning...

Comment

Working...
                                X