Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Correct. But, had Elmira been kept at #2, which they were in last week's rankings, they would have hosted Adrian.

Plattsburgh would not have been affected at all if they were #2 seed in the east or the #3 seed. They would still get a quarterfinal host and play the Norwich/Curry winner.

I realize Plattsburgh wins the criteria against Elmira. However, why were they not ahead last week? Especially, since moving them this week cost the East a quarterfinal host site with Elmira/Adrian. The criteria would only have moved closer this week after Elmira played Neumann and Plattsburgh played Fredonia.
    Probably for the same reason they kept Norwich ahead of Plattsburgh for two weeks when Plattsburgh had a 3-1 criteria lead and H-2-H 2-0... And like someone posted, if Fredonia got ranked some how, which would have helped Oswego and every ECAC West team if I remember right, it would have pushed them up even more.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Correct. But, had Elmira been kept at #2, which they were in last week's rankings, they would have hosted Adrian.

Plattsburgh would not have been affected at all if they were #2 seed in the east or the #3 seed. They would still get a quarterfinal host and play the Norwich/Curry winner.

I realize Plattsburgh wins the criteria against Elmira. However, why were they not ahead last week? Especially, since moving them this week cost the East a quarterfinal host site with Elmira/Adrian. The criteria would only have moved closer this week after Elmira played Neumann and Plattsburgh played Fredonia.
      What he said
      2017-2018 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
      2016-2017 ECAC-W PICK EM 3RD PLACE
      2015-2016 ECAC-W PICK EM CHAMPION
      2014-2015 ECAC-W PICK EM 2ND PLACE
      2013-2014 ECAC W PICK-EM CHAMPION
      2010-2011 ECAC-W PICK-EM CHAMPION
      2007-2008 ECAC-W PICK-EM 2ND PLACE
      2007-2008 PLAYOFF PICK-EM 3RD PLACE

Comment

Re: Road trip!!!

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
        Hey, as long as you have a couple of empty couches available and enough room in the fridge for some 'beverages', we're good.
        (j/k!!)

Seriously thinking about burning some hotel points and trekking-out though. I know I'll have no problem filling the car. processing.... processing...
        sure......I am about hour and half away,from there. Adrian in the Middle of NO WHERE!! Firgures FINALLY EC plays close to home. I Suppose to be in Michigan's UP Thursday till Sunday. funny it is 7 hour drive there too!!

Comment

Originally posted by EC809 View Post
          sure......I am about hour and half away,from there. Adrian in the Middle of NO WHERE!! Firgures FINALLY EC plays close to home. I Suppose to be in Michigan's UP Thursday till Sunday. funny it is 7 hour drive there too!!
          You might have to carry the purple and gold banner for that one. I can't imagine too many people will be able to make the trip unless Elmira puts together a bus trip.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
            I was trying to be sarcastic, hence the smilely. I was counting on a game this weekend and now that won't happen but I can live with this, at least we get a week to get ready.
            Your thoughts about this game? You think we take it?
            I think that is the best EC team I have seen,from top to bottom. I know I have only seen about 6 years of teams, but at least Sat. night they were very good.

Comment

just wondering... if EC had the 2nd toughest schedule in the league,and they win the west tourney..
              why are they travelling ??

Comment

You might have to carry the purple and gold banner for that one. I can't imagine too many people will be able to make the trip unless Elmira puts together a bus trip.
                I told Albert he better get the all the Boys from the Great White North down here for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  There are also a ton more regional cross over games in basketball. There were what..7...cross over games this year?

And I say it again...go by the criteria...UWS gets in over Castleton, period. People whine they want to go by numbers, and now they want the committee to toss it aside and just pick teams...can't have it both ways
                  So what exactly is the criteria that got UWS into the NCAA Tourny?

Its just not right though for a team who lost 12 games to get in, period.

I dont care what "criteria" you go by, a team with a much better record(Castleton or Utica) and with multiple less losses than a team who gets in, is just not fair.

Besides your "criteria" that you say got UWS and other teams into the NCAA Tourny, dont you think Castleton or Utica should have gotten into the Tourny?
                  Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                  Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    SNC would have had a bye either way. It actually cost Hamline a direct ticket to the QF round
                    This is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
                      just wondering... if EC had the 2nd toughest schedule in the league,and they win the west tourney..
                      why are they travelling ??
                      Dident Utica College have the 2nd toughest schedule and EC had the #1 toughest schedule in D-III?

Thats what i heard...
                      Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                      Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                      Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                      2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                      2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
                        I hope the Soaring Eagles are coming to the game with EXACTLY that mindset. BTW, we had 1000 people at both games on the weekend. Hope you enjoy your trip to Adrian. Safe drive.
                        I live in Davison,Mi Closest Elmira game I have been to EVER!!!!They Won't have that mind set. They don't care what we/I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                          Dident Utica College have the 2nd toughest schedule and EC had the #1 toughest schedule in D-III?

Thats what i heard...
                          It's easy to boast a high SOS when you're below .500 in those games.

There is NO criteria that would have gotten Utica in. End of story. You want to be in? Don't lose to Neumann 4 times.

Comment

The West Region should be embarrassed to send a 12 loss team to the tournament. They have had some very good teams in the past that may have gotten screwed the same way that Salem, Castleton, and Utica are getting screwed this year. However if you want credibility you do not want to send a 12 loss team to represent your region. That makes the tournament less interesting and is a slight to the other teams in the tournament and to NCAA D-III hockey as a whole. It is not a perfect system but a little effort on the committees behalf would have saved face for all of the teams.

Comment

Also, having a good SOS is great but shouldn't you win a few more of those games? Otherwise it just proves that you are not a legit contender? I know Castleton did not play the best teams, however all of the bad teams they played they beat pretty easily. At least with Castleton in the mix you have a wild card that may win, I just don't see UWS having a very good shot.
                              Castleton is undefeated on the road this year, including wins at Midd, Williams, Norwich, NEC, Hamilton, Amherst
                              They had the 2nd best offense in the country, 2nd best PP, 2nd best winning percentage, goaltending in the top 10, leading scorer in the country, they can compete with anyone. I think UWS did not show that during the course of the year.

Comment

You know I don't really care for UWS, but I hope the take out Hamline and SNC and make it to Minn just to shut some people up.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X