Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    I'm almost starting to sympathize with castleton a little..... i don't care where they're from or who they may have played, but a 12 loss team should not make the ncaa tournament in this sport. that's an absolute farce.

they don't pick by region in basketball..... the committee selects what are, within reasonable guidelines, the best teams. why we can't do that in ice hockey never ceases to amaze me.

i went an entire post without mentioning my team that starts with u..... do i get a gold star?
    There are also a ton more regional cross over games in basketball. There were what..7...cross over games this year?

And I say it again...go by the criteria...UWS gets in over Castleton, period. People whine they want to go by numbers, and now they want the committee to toss it aside and just pick teams...can't have it both ways
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Road trip!!!

Originally posted by EC809 View Post
      ...Hope I can be there. Might not. Other hockey commitments. DAMM
      Hey, as long as you have a couple of empty couches available and enough room in the fridge for some 'beverages', we're good.
      (j/k!!)

Seriously thinking about burning some hotel points and trekking-out though. I know I'll have no problem filling the car. processing.... processing...
      Dave
      RIT - '90

Comment

Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
        they don't pick by region in basketball..... the committee selects what are, within reasonable guidelines, the best teams. why we can't do that in ice hockey never ceases to amaze me.
        In DIII they do procedures are the same in all team sports

i went an entire post without mentioning my team that starts with u..... do i get a gold star?
        Yes
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          No, as Salem did not. Fitchburg (who played a great game BTW), had a nice SoS, but their OOC was weak. Salem had better credentials than a lot of teams that got in (including better that CSC), but their SoS was <.500 and it killed them.

Even if Salem has won the MASCAC, I am not sure they would have gotten in based on the weight the committee gave to SoS. The MASCAC upsets (Westfield over Plymouth and Fitchburg over UMD) hurt the potential SoS of Salem.
          If SOS was so important for Superior, how did Plattsburgh hop over Elmira?? I believe that senior night loss to Neumann gave the Cards better criteria than EC. Funny how that game ended up being so important in hind sight. Oh well, now it's "just win baby!"
          Last edited by The Thunder Dome; 03-07-2011, 12:11 PM. Reason: To make sure this part sticks out :)

Comment

Originally posted by The Thunder Dome View Post
            If SOS was so important for Superior, how did Plattsburgh hop over Elmira?? I believe that senior night loss to Neumann gave the Cards better criteria than EC. Funny how that game ended up being so important in hind sight. Oh well, now it's "just win baby!"
            For the 100th time, Plattsburgh won the criteria over Elmira...
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Yep, and my post that you have quoted clearly stated that. 1-800-ABCDEFG, hooked on phonics worked for me. Are you in training to be a ref? (sorry, couldn't resist that opening....you don't leave the door wide open that often)

Comment

Originally posted by The Thunder Dome View Post
                The silly thing about it is that had they not switched positions, Plattsburgh's situation doesn't change at all. They would still have played the NU/Curry winner. Elmira would have then had the home game.

Clearly the committee was not being consistent from week to week. If Elmira was ahead of Plattsburgh and Elmira beats Neumann (a ranked team), and Plattsburgh beats unranked Fredonia, it doesn't make sense to have them swap rankings. (Unless somehow Fredonia became ranked in the secret rankings, and Plattsburgh had a 3-0 record against them)

Comment

And I say it again...go by the criteria...UWS gets in over Castleton, period. People whine they want to go by numbers, and now they want the committee to toss it aside and just pick teams...can't have it both ways
                  Understood, but I can't help but look at this through the eyes of some of the players. Imagine being a Castleton player having to deal with a 12-loss UWS team getting in over them? I understand the process, but it's still hard.

I'll also ask again, is 12 losses the most ever by a Pool-C team?

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
                    Understood, but I can't help but look at this through the eyes of some of the players. Imagine being a Castleton player having to deal with a 12-loss UWS team getting in over them? I understand the process, but it's still hard.
                    Ask Adrian players/fans about how their first two seasons ended. It was the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Ask Adrian players/fans about how their first two seasons ended. It was the right call.
                      I'm not disputing the call (right or wrong), but I can't help but sympathize.

Comment

Had Castleton won their conference it would have been moot. Heck even making their conference finals would have been a start.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I understand that. They had their chance, but they didn't get by Babson. Pool C bids are a chancy proposition. If Oswego had won the SUNYAC, the equation might have played out differently, too.

Comment

Correct. But, had Elmira been kept at #2, which they were in last week's rankings, they would have hosted Adrian.

Plattsburgh would not have been affected at all if they were #2 seed in the east or the #3 seed. They would still get a quarterfinal host and play the Norwich/Curry winner.

I realize Plattsburgh wins the criteria against Elmira. However, why were they not ahead last week? Especially, since moving them this week cost the East a quarterfinal host site with Elmira/Adrian. The criteria would only have moved closer this week after Elmira played Neumann and Plattsburgh played Fredonia.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

You know, if you didn't know to come here (the board), you'd have no idea that there is a DIII NCAA field.

Good job getting a news story up USCHO.
                              Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                              2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                              2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                              2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                              "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Correct. But, had Elmira been kept at #2, which they were in last week's rankings, they would have hosted Adrian.

Plattsburgh would not have been affected at all if they were #2 seed in the east or the #3 seed. They would still get a quarterfinal host and play the Norwich/Curry winner.

I realize Plattsburgh wins the criteria against Elmira. However, why were they not ahead last week? Especially, since moving them this week cost the East a quarterfinal host site with Elmira/Adrian. The criteria would only have moved closer this week after Elmira played Neumann and Plattsburgh played Fredonia.
                                That's exactly what's got me scratching my head. Different committee? Does the national committee do the final seeding? Will Derek's car start on Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                                X