Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by EC809 View Post
    WOW!! I can not believe my eyes. That is fine. They will run over them in their own barn. Adrian has never seen speed and 4 lines like the Soaring Eagles!! GO EC !! To bad NCAA could have had about 2000-2500 fans instead of the 500,capacity listed on USCHO.
    Hope I can be there. Might not. Other hockey commitments. DAMM
    I hope the Soaring Eagles are coming to the game with EXACTLY that mindset. BTW, we had 1000 people at both games on the weekend. Hope you enjoy your trip to Adrian. Safe drive.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      A) 4 loses?? See Adrian from a couple years ago.
      B) Castleton and UWS were probably the last two from each region selected. As has already been pointed out, UWS and Castleton tied criteria but UWS had a gigantic lead in SOS which probably trumps Castletons winning %. Yes, several teams would have beat out UWS, but the East region had Castleton next, of which UWS wins...its not that hard to figure out.
      http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0304/schedules/stjm

it's happened out west as well. It was the right (but tough) call back then as well.

Comment

I like Elmira's chances in that pairing , nothing is easy at this time of year but iElmira might be a little more than the Dogs can handle .

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          The East committee got played on that one
          What it amounted to - it was easier to change the seeding than worry about flying a team (Plattsburrgh @Adrian or vice versa is over 500 miles). The NCAA used pocketbook criteria rather than the facts

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
            I agree if the FF was in the east this year Castleton would be in and UWS out and Adrian would be traveling to Elmira. Everything else would stay the same.
            Neither of those choices had anything to do with the location of the FF. If they were going to "stack" the FF, they would have set up a bracket with 4 byes in the West and guaranteed two teams. I thought Castleton would be in, but SOS issues did them in. As for Adrian hosting, the East committee blew it by switching Plattsburgh and Elmira. The handbook requires the higher seed (W2) to host the lower seed (E3) if the rink is suitable, available, and a bid was placed.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by eagle beagle View Post
              What it amounted to - it was easier to change the seeding than worry about flying a team (Plattsburrgh @Adrian or vice versa is over 500 miles). The NCAA used pocketbook criteria rather than the facts
              The could still have sent Adrian to Elmira if both were two seeds. Geography determined the matchup. Seedings determined the venue. In women's hockey the top seed RIT has to play Adrian because of geography, even though they should have been given a bye.

There is a provision that allows geographical proximity to determine matchups, regardless of seeding
              Last edited by NUProf; 03-07-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUhockey24 View Post
                highly ranked ... and USCHO polls throughout the year
                Which means absolutely NOTHING in the selection process.

nd does not get in because of a Neuman team, who supposively plays in a tough division however their conference has only contributed to 1 national championship, thats all.
                Which means absolutely NOTHING in the selection process.

But, I do nominate you for the biggest whine post on this thread...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Its shocking enough that UWS got in, but how did they manage home ice over a conference champ that was and still is rated higher in most stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                    Its shocking enough that UWS got in, but how did they manage home ice over a conference champ that was and still is rated higher in most stats.
                    Hamline's rink has no ice as of today. They don't control the facility and today was "melt day"

Comment

WOW!! I can not believe my eyes. That is fine. They will run over them in their own barn. Adrian has never seen speed and 4 lines like the Soaring Eagles!! GO EC !! To bad NCAA could have had about 2000-2500 fans instead of the 500,capacity listed on USCHO.
                      I was trying to be sarcastic, hence the smilely. I was counting on a game this weekend and now that won't happen but I can live with this, at least we get a week to get ready.
                      Your thoughts about this game? You think we take it?
                      Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                      Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                      Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Hamline's rink has no ice as of today. They don't control the facility and today was "melt day"
                        They could make a request to the NCAA to play roller hockey...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

They saw speed and 4 lines last year at SNC in the tournament. While they got off to a rough start Adrian made it a heck of a game by the time it was all said and done. Elmira may very well win on Saturday but don't doubt for a second whether Adrian can hang.

Overall I was shocked to see Superior make it. They have the talent of a tournament team but I just didn't figure the actual performance would get things done. We've seen the Eastern Committee outplay the Western Committee a time or two in recent years but we'll chalk this one up for the cats from the West stacking things right.
                          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

This is not a complaint, just a question:

Has a Pool-C team ever had as many losses as Superior has this year?

I don't really feel like searching for that info. Maybe someone knows?

Comment

Here's another not-a-complaint-its-a-question-I-swear:

By the NCAA criteria, is it better to lose to a good team (read: a ranked team) or to a bad one (a not ranked team, heck not even a good team)?

If the answer is what I think it is, I think the NCAA values these losses differently than most fans of the game do.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

I'm almost starting to sympathize with castleton a little..... i don't care where they're from or who they may have played, but a 12 loss team should not make the ncaa tournament in this sport. that's an absolute farce.

they don't pick by region in basketball..... the committee selects what are, within reasonable guidelines, the best teams. why we can't do that in ice hockey never ceases to amaze me.

i went an entire post without mentioning my team that starts with u..... do i get a gold star?
                                Our bite is worse than our bark....
                                Top guys, out.

Comment

Working...
                                X