Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
    Elmira got screwed, without a doubt but at least they are in.

What happened to Castleton was a travesty. I am not a fan of them since I root for the other ECAC East school in VT, but when you go 22-4 on the year you should get in. They had 3 loses all regular season, two of which came against tournament teams, and the other one had a winning record. The last loss came against a Babson team that played great hockey in the playoffs and almost upset Norwich as well.

W-S on the other hand not only not only finished the season 16-12 but also lost to every single team in there own conference. Sure Plattsburgh had a bad in conference record, but they played perfect outside of the SUNYAC. W-S to top everything off lost 3 non-conference games.

The bottom line was; the west some how got 4 teams in during a year where there was absolutely no reason to have 4 Western teams in. If you wanted a high-loss team in I am sure that Castleton, Williams, Utica, Geneseo, Hamilton, Manhattanville, Salem State, Fitchburg State, Hobart, Middlebury, or Amherst would have been just as good. They all had been records than W-S.
    Here's the issue for Castleton - which supports the choice despite the fact that I thought they were a lock. Their OWP is 56th out of 77 teams (including the D2 teams, from my data), and their OOWP is 27th. For UWS their OWP is 30th and their OOWP is 17th. The result is a very big difference in in SOS metric.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Someone care to explain the lack of consistancy? Elmira owns a huge SOS advantage over Adrian, but loses Win%....Elmira @ Adrian.
      Castleton has a huge Win% advantage over Superior, but loses SOS....Superior is in, Castleton is home...

Was it that more important to give St. Norbert the bye than it was to get the 11th team that deserved it more to get in? I hope that's not the case...

Anyone have an intelligent thought on this?
      It came to simple higher seed. Adrian is a higher seed than Elmira.

Elmira got bumped to the third seed in the East.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

What happened to Castleton was a travesty. I am not a fan of them since I root for the other ECAC East school in VT, but when you go 22-4 on the year you should get in. They had 3 loses all regular season, two of which came against tournament teams, and the other one had a winning record. The last loss came against a Babson team that played great hockey in the playoffs and almost upset Norwich as well.

W-S on the other hand not only not only finished the season 16-12 but also lost to every single team in there own conference. Sure Plattsburgh had a bad in conference record, but they played perfect outside of the SUNYAC. W-S to top everything off lost 3 non-conference games.

The bottom line was; the west some how got 4 teams in during a year where there was absolutely no reason to have 4 Western teams in. If you wanted a high-loss team in I am sure that Castleton, Williams, Utica, Geneseo, Hamilton, Manhattanville, Salem State, Fitchburg State, Hobart, Middlebury, or Amherst would have been just as good. They all had been records than W-S.
        Play a better OOC and you're in. 7 games vs. ranked teams vs. 17 games. Granted some of that is the 3x the NCHA plays, but still - CSC needs to ramp up the OOC.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          It came to simple higher seed. Adrian is a higher seed than Elmira.

Elmira got bumped to the third seed in the East.
          The East committee got played on that one

Comment

A) 4 loses?? See Adrian from a couple years ago.
            B) Castleton and UWS were probably the last two from each region selected. As has already been pointed out, UWS and Castleton tied criteria but UWS had a gigantic lead in SOS which probably trumps Castletons winning %. Yes, several teams would have beat out UWS, but the East region had Castleton next, of which UWS wins...its not that hard to figure out.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
              S
              Was it that more important to give St. Norbert the bye than it was to get the 11th team that deserved it more to get in? I hope that's not the case...

Anyone have an intelligent thought on this?
              SNC would have had a bye either way. It actually cost Hamline a direct ticket to the QF round

Comment

Does anyone else think that if the Frigid Four was in the East this would have played out differently?
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Castleton got absolutely screwed. I have never seen a team with a 22-4 record in an established conference that was highly ranked both in NCAA and USCHO polls throughout the year and does not get in because of a Neuman team, who supposively plays in a tough division however their conference has only contributed to 1 national championship, thats all. Please someone find me a NESCAC or a ECAC East team that went 22-4 and did not get into the tournament.

Neuman and Wisc. Superior getting in over Castleton. This selection committee is an absolute joke. Norwich has to play in a play-in game while Elmira gets a first round bye?

What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    Does anyone else think that if the Frigid Four was in the East this would have played out differently?
                    I don't see that it makes a difference in terms of the FF field. There's one West guaranteed, two East guaranteed and the Adrian/Elmira pairing. Would have been the same choices with Castleton instead of UWS.

If anything, it makes it harder for the MIAC champ to get to Ridder

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      A) 4 loses?? See Adrian from a couple years ago.
                      B) Castleton and UWS were probably the last two from each region selected. As has already been pointed out, UWS and Castleton tied criteria but UWS had a gigantic lead in SOS which probably trumps Castletons winning %. Yes, several teams would have beat out UWS, but the East region had Castleton next, of which UWS wins...its not that hard to figure out.
                      +1

Though I wonder how soon Salem was thrown out? They beat CSC 3-1, but the CSC win % blew SSC's win % away while Salem's lead in SoS, CoP and RvRT was slim.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by BUhockey24 View Post
                        Castleton got absolutely screwed. I have never seen a team with a 22-4 record in an established conference that was highly ranked both in NCAA and USCHO polls throughout the year and does not get in because of a Neuman team, who supposively plays in a tough division however their conference has only contributed to 1 national championship, thats all. Please someone find me a NESCAC or a ECAC East team that went 22-4 and did not get into the tournament.

Neuman and Wisc. Superior getting in over Castleton. This selection committee is an absolute joke. Norwich has to play in a play-in game while Elmira gets a first round bye?

What a joke.
                        Then don't play Potsdam, Brockport, Becker or Johnson & Wales. Play more top end SUNYAC with one each from MASCAC and ECAC-NE.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by D3Redbird View Post
                          Could see a Oswego-Plattsburgh Final. Would love to see the Cards win... Well looks like I will be standing in line again for 8+ hours for tickets.
                          As soon as the Norwich on-line ticket office opens I'll have tickets within minutes. This is 2011, ya know?
                          Go Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                            Elmira got the biggest screwing
                            WOW!! I can not believe my eyes. That is fine. They will run over them in their own barn. Adrian has never seen speed and 4 lines like the Soaring Eagles!! GO EC !! To bad NCAA could have had about 2000-2500 fans instead of the 500,capacity listed on USCHO.
                            Hope I can be there. Might not. Other hockey commitments. DAMM

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              I don't see that it makes a difference in terms of the FF field. There's one West guaranteed, two East guaranteed and the Adrian/Elmira pairing. Would have been the same choices with Castleton instead of UWS.

If anything, it makes it harder for the MIAC champ to get to Ridder
                              I agree if the FF was in the east this year Castleton would be in and UWS out and Adrian would be traveling to Elmira. Everything else would stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BUhockey24 View Post

What a joke.
                                Elmira deserved a bye more so than Norwich did..
                                Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                                2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X