2011 National Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 National Champion

Glad to see that BC isn't the only HE team that has learned how to lay a spanking on UND. Hell even Maine can do it.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Brown??

I agree with you. Given all the hype so far, if BC fails to win the national championship this year, it will be an epic failure. I mean, they were going to average 7 goals a game, and never allow a goal. They are the Chuck Norris of college hockey this year.
      LOL. Same old overrated Fighting Sewage.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        LOL. Same old overrated Fighting Sewage.
        I didn't mention the Sioux at all in my post. Not sure why you quoted that one???

But you're right. The same old overrated team that has the best winning percentage in the history of the NCAA Tournament. The same old team that has won 7 National Championships and have played in more title games than any other school in the history of the sport. That same old team...we never do anything We'll see how this season plays out, but I still think we're a top team and will be there when it matters most.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I am a new user to this forum but from reading the posts on this board I can conclude with reasonable certainty that most of you either can't read or don't know what overrated means.
          As you can clearly see from Eagefan's signature BC has one 2 of the past 3 NCAA National Championship and 5 out of 10 of the last Hockey East Championships. If you couldn't see that then you can't read. They have also gone to the been in the Frozen Four 7 times in the past 10 years and gone to the NCAA Tournament 9 time in the past 10 years. By simple statistics alone you can see that they have been one of if not the best team in the past 10 years, so by saying they are probably going to make it to the frozen four and maybe win it again this year does not make them overrated.

If one the other hand one were to say that Brown were to even make to the ECAC Tournament let alone the NCAA tournament they would be highly overrating Brown.
          We all know that Brown is ****, **** is Brown.
          Last edited by cnor79; 10-23-2010, 09:55 PM.
          Lets go RED!!
          And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Originally posted by cnor79 View Post
            I am a new user to this forum but from reading the posts on this board I can conclude with reasonable certainty that most of you either can't read or don't know what overrated means.
            As you can clearly see from Eagefan's signature BC has one 2 of the past 3 NCAA National Championship and 5 out of 10 of the last Hockey East Championships. If you couldn't see that then you can't read. They have also gone to the been in the Frozen Four 7 times in the past 10 years and gone to the NCAA Tournament 9 time in the past 10 years. By simple statistics alone you can see that they have been one of if not the best team in the past 10 years, so by saying they are probably going to make it to the frozen four and maybe win it again this year does not make them overrated.

If one the other hand one were to say that Brown were to even make to the ECAC Tournament let alone the NCAA tournament they would be highly overrating Brown.
            We all know that Brown is ****, **** is Brown.
            It's bulletin board banter. Don't take it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              It's bulletin board banter. Don't take it seriously.
              I am not taking it seriously I just wanted to point out how much of a powerhouse BC has been in the past decade, and I thought I would poke fun at the fact that Onion Man expects Brown to win. I also realized that he was not even calling BC overrated but was calling the Fighting Sioux overrated. My bad! Should have read the post more carefully! Well BC is still amazing regardless.
              Lets go RED!!
              And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

I am not taking it seriously I just wanted to point out how much of a powerhouse BC has been in the past decade, and I thought I would poke fun at the fact that Onion Man expects Brown to win. I also realized that he was not even calling BC overrated but was calling the Fighting Sioux overrated. My bad! Should have read the post more carefully! Well BC is still amazing regardless.
                If the Onion really thinks that way, hes bringing tears to me eyes. 99% bs on these boards...you'll figure it out....but BC being good ???? Another bs story.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  If the Onion really thinks that way, hes bringing tears to me eyes. 99% bs on these boards...you'll figure it out....but BC being good ???? Another bs story.
                  Yeah I don't think he actually thinks they will win, well I guess I should say I hope he doesn't think they will win. I have noticed that a lot of what is here is BS. I mainly use it for a competition a friend of mine does. But I can't help but poke fun at other peoples hopeless fantasies. lol
                  Like your belief that BC being good is BS.
                  Lets go RED!!
                  And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Strike out ALS

Comment

News Flash BC-1.......ND-2..........So much for BC and their 17 returning letter winners, against ND and their 12 unknown freshman class.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec2, Row 13, Seats 5,6,7 View Post
                      News Flash BC-1.......ND-2..........So much for BC and their 17 returning letter winners, against ND and their 12 unknown freshman class.
                      Oh no!! Someone lost a game they were supposed to win! Alert the presses! Stop all production! This has never been heard of before and I'm sure that it will never ever happen again.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Well if you went to vegas and there was a line, which of course there isn't, BC would be, say 5-1 to win, and UND 20-1. But having said that most likely it will be OTHER. Still it's fun to speculate, And as they say in investing, "past performance is no guarantee of future returns".
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That's an excellent rant, but every team from the ECAC makes the tournament.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            There is only one college hockey team this year for which failure to win a national championship team will mean they dropped a chalupa in their breezers, and I'm fairly certain we all know who that is.
                            Bentley?
                            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Yale
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Yale
                                Yale already won the illustrious December national title.
                                They'll leave the all-important April NC to a better team though.
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X