Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the bigger conference title-RS or tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied
    Re: Which is the bigger conference title-RS or tournament?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I think you easterners need to learn that there is a distinct difference between a conference tournament title and an NCAA title...
    Well now that you've been so gracious as to educate us easterners about how this college hockey thing works, I guess I will reconsider my position on this topic and think about joining you because your opinion must be right...

Nope... I still think the conf tournament is more important.

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I think you easterners need to learn that there is a distinct difference between a conference tournament title and an NCAA title...
    You're right. BU and BC fans wouldn't know anything about that difference.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    I think most non-UNH fans from HE would disagree with you.
    ^This guy gets it.

UNH should move to the WCHA. Imagine the arguments over who is more awesome because of their RS titles.

Leave a comment:

• Federal League
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Depends on the conference.

WCHA -reg
    HE - reg
    CCHA -reg
    ECAC - flip a coin
    Atlantic - tournament
    I think most non-UNH fans from HE would disagree with you.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Not only is the tournament title bigger, but it's SODA not POP.

East coast BIAS!!!!!!!!!11!!!11!!1!!!

(It's been too quiet lately)

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

WCHA -reg
    HE - reg
    CCHA -reg
    ECAC - flip a coin
    Atlantic - tournament
    Well the Atlantic was an exception, no? Don't think that should be counted then.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Not even close the regular season title is much bigger than getting hot for 3 or 4 games.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

WCHA -reg
    HE - reg
    CCHA -reg
    ECAC - flip a coin
    Atlantic - tournament

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

47 dips so far.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    While I think sometimes the regular season title proves a little more, the tournament title has to be bigger because its the one that assures entry to the really big tournament. You need only to be hot at the correct time and win 4 of perhaps 5 games against just 3 teams to win in the tournament, while winning in the regular season means beating many more teams over the course of 24-28 games.
    If you win your conference, I'd venture to guess that you're going to the tourney already.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

While I think sometimes the regular season title proves a little more, the tournament title has to be bigger because its the one that assures entry to the really big tournament. You need only to be hot at the correct time and win 4 of perhaps 5 games against just 3 teams to win in the tournament, while winning in the regular season means beating many more teams over the course of 24-28 games.

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied

It's somewhat sobering to realize that my alma mater (RPI) has not won its league's regular season championship since 1985.

We have been pointing, for a very long time, toward the conference playoffs as the only chance to make the NCAA tournament. Under the circumstances, it's pretty hard to view the regular season as being bigger than the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    Officially, the WCHA title is awarded to the regular season champion. That just is, its not an opinion. The Conference Tournament is like if the NHL, between the regular season and the playoffs, held a mini set of playoffs within the divisions that gave the Islanders another chance, even though their terrible once again, and which the Rangers won because Lundqvist got hot. Whoop-de-doo.
    Exactly. I do enjoy linking this debate to professional sports because professional sports leagues don't even bother with a "Conference Tournament" like the NCAA has. They have the Regular Season and then go straight to the Elimination games/series.

To crown a conference champion based on a handful of games doesn't make a whole lot of sense, at least IMO.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    The New York Yankees won the 2004 American League Eastern Division Championship. I wonder if Yankee fans remember who won the World Series that year?

Regular Season crown means jack $hit.

well, since only UNH fans reasonably believe a regular season title is better than a national title, the better baseball analogy for that year is the AL pennant (not the world series); but since the same team won that your moot still stands

stop trying to make us cry, onion man

Leave a comment:

Working...
X