Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the bigger conference title-RS or tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which is the bigger conference title-RS or tournament?

Not even close the regular season title is much bigger than getting hot for 3 or 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Depends on the conference.

WCHA -reg
      HE - reg
      CCHA -reg
      ECAC - flip a coin
      Atlantic - tournament
      Well the Atlantic was an exception, no? Don't think that should be counted then.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Not only is the tournament title bigger, but it's SODA not POP.

East coast BIAS!!!!!!!!!11!!!11!!1!!!

(It's been too quiet lately)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Depends on the conference.

WCHA -reg
          HE - reg
          CCHA -reg
          ECAC - flip a coin
          Atlantic - tournament
          I think most non-UNH fans from HE would disagree with you.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            I think most non-UNH fans from HE would disagree with you.
            ^This guy gets it.

UNH should move to the WCHA. Imagine the arguments over who is more awesome because of their RS titles.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I think you easterners need to learn that there is a distinct difference between a conference tournament title and an NCAA title...
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I think you easterners need to learn that there is a distinct difference between a conference tournament title and an NCAA title...
                You're right. BU and BC fans wouldn't know anything about that difference.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Well now that you've been so gracious as to educate us easterners about how this college hockey thing works, I guess I will reconsider my position on this topic and think about joining you because your opinion must be right...

Nope... I still think the conf tournament is more important.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                  X