This Week in ECAC Hockey: Last Team In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week in ECAC Hockey: Last Team In

If - and yes, I realize that this poll is making some assumptions - if Yale, Cornell and Union hold on to the top three spots in any particular order, who will be the fourth team with a first-round bye?
    St. Lawrence (20 points)
    28.57%
    Rensselaer (20)
    50.00%
    Colgate (19)
    14.29%
    Quinnipiac (18)
    7.14%
    Harvard (17)
    0.00%
    Princeton (14)
    0.00%
    Brown (13)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: This Week in ECAC Hockey: Last Team In

I'm glad that Brown is still mathematically in contention for a bye, but I just couldn't bring myself to vote for us. To do so would just be an utter travesty.

Comment

Total homer pick!

The truth is I just don't know what to expect. It should be a lot clearer after this weekend.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I went with the Troy boys but would feel a lot more confident about my pick if York wasn't nicked up. Polacek will be on a Hobey tear and could have 30 goals before it's over.

Comment

SLU holding the tiebreaker over both the Engineers and 'Gate is the difference maker for me. Plus, their schedule is considerably easier than either of the two teams within a point.

Obviously I'd love to see RPI take a weekend off in the beginning of March, but I'm not going to be a blind homer right now.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Though I don't think Quinnipiac will take the 4th spot...it should be noted that they hold the tie breaker over St. Lawrence and Colgate.

Comment

Given SLU's schedule vs. RPI's schedule, as well as the tiebreaker, I had to pick the Saints.

I WANT RPI to prove me wrong.
              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

I would say that of the 4 teams that are serious contenders for the final bye spot (SLU, RPI, QU, and Colgate), each has one game left against one of the top 3. SLU and QU each have a game against Yale, RPI has Cornell, and Colgate has Union. RPI also plays both QU and Colgate, while SLU's 3 other games are against the bottom of the league.

If SLU beats Yale, I'd say it will definitely be them. If not, no doubt in my mind this goes down to the last Saturday.

Comment

Though I root for Colgate, I realistically see SLU getting the 4th spot. 'Gate will most likely go .500 the rest of the way, and the Saints hold the tiebreaker over the Raiders as well as the tiebreaker over RPI should they "slip up" a bit.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

If Gate gets any hot tending, and beat Harvard tonight, I think they will upset both Union and RPI on Senior weekend

Comment

I've posted an updated "Handicapping the Field" section in my "The Breakaway" blog. Right-hand sidebar, front page.

Comment

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
                        I've posted an updated "Handicapping the Field" section in my "The Breakaway" blog. Right-hand sidebar, front page.
                        Yale can't finish in third, champ.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Yes they can. Playoff Status .com doesn't take into effect ties.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Like burgie12 said ... if Union and Cornell tie, then both win on Saturday, they could each pass Yale.

Comment

Working...
                            X