Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to cheer and watch a game at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to cheer and watch a game at the same time?

Simple question: Can you participate in coordinated cheers as part of the crowd at a game and intently watch the game at the same time? Or are they mutually exclusive?
    Yes, of course you can. What are you, high?
    77.42%
    Sort of. You're bound to miss the finer points, though.
    19.35%
    No, they might as well be mutually exclusive. Can't very well do both.
    3.23%

The poll is expired.

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Re: Is it possible to cheer and watch a game at the same time?

Yes. If you suggest you cannot, you are high.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I quietly stepped back in that discussion after I said what I wanted to say, but this gave me a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Simple question: Can you participate in coordinated cheers as part of the crowd at a game and intently watch the game at the same time?
        In theory, I supppose so.

Practical question: why would one want to? are you dating a cheerleader?
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

You can. As any sports freak can tell you.

My personal input, I regularly watch 4-6 NFL games at once at the local watering hole, and can keep track of most of the action or "finer points" if you will. To simply cheer and watch one game? Easy.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This smells of JDubbs.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
              This smells of JDubbs.
              You smelled correctly.

Comment

This is a pretty easy one, but I think a more difficult question for some student sections would be, "Should you cheer wildly when your team crosses its own blue line on a two-on-three?"

Comment

Speaking as a former college cheerleader (basketball), I'd say yes, it is entirely possible to cheer and watch at the same time.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

If you go to Michigan you have to be able, as their fan base are all controlled by one person sitting on top of the scoreboard using a joystick to talk to the chips they all have in their heads......I think

Comment

Do you need to look around you at other fans to know when and how to cheer? If no, then the answer with someone being high is correct
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

We've been doing a pretty good job of it at Lynah for the past 45 years...

I've seen a few fans who got carried away by cheers so much that they were basically missing the real game, but that's very rare and, as the police blotter says, alcohol is generally presumed involved.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Of course you can.........
                          atlantarhinoplastycritic.com

Comment

BTW: It is very fitting that of the two people who voted for the "mutually exclusive" option, one of them was a Gopher fan and the other was one of this board's biggest idiot trolls.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I can picture Dubbie at games with his personal scouting report/notebook in one hand and a whiteboard and dry-erase markers in the other wondering why more people around him aren't interested in his insights as he talks progressively louder.

Comment

Working...
                              X