• Outdoor NCAA Games Are...

What do you think?
    Awesome, keep 'em coming.
    21.95%
    Dumb, they've jumped the shark.
    43.90%
    Meh.
    34.15%
    Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Re: Outdoor NCAA Games Are...

Outdoor games were the only way to keep Freddy Meyer from hacking the NCAA.

Comment

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Other than being able to say you've been to one of these (Frozen Fenway '12 for me) there's no compelling reason to go to another, especially if you want to actually see the game without constantly staring at the jumbotron.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I think they will win the national championship in 2013?
        boys lacrosse uniforms are great for tournaments, intramural teams, youth lacrosse teams, and college teams. Design online or get one of our artists to make it for you.

Comment

I think we had enough of them last year... However, that being said. The Frozen Fenway seems like a good idea.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I would think the college outdoor game would be better than the pros

Comment

They should have the games at smaller venues, unless there is without a doubt they will sell out: Fenway, yankee stadium, etc...
              Last edited by AKSWF; 11-05-2013, 12:47 AM. Reason: Typing in the dark is harder then you would think
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

I'd say not as good as Awesome... but somewhere better than "Meh"... I'd say "Kind of neat as long as my team does not do them too often"... I'd say the novelty would wear off if it is more than once every 4 years or so.

Comment

Overrated (been there - done that)
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

It looks like I might be using my sister's-in-law tickets for the OSU@Minnesota games being played at TCF Stadium. So if I go I'll be staring at the jumbotron because I'll be somewhere in the first 5 rows, about 40 yards from the boards, and because we'll be in the first 5 rows, have an obstructed view for about half the ice due to the boards being in the way. It's just a bad fan experience if you're looking for something more than novelty venues.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      Overrated (been there - done that)
                      you didn't enjoy the game?
                      atlantarhinoplastycritic.com

Comment

The outdoor game played here in Omaha last season between UNO and North Dakota was an utter fiasco. Me and other UNO fans squirm in shame every time that weekend gets mentioned.

Comment

It has been speculated that Coors field in Denver will be the site of one of the Avs games next year. . It would be perfect for DU/CC/AFA game. Or DU vs one of the B1g or Hockey East teams.
                          With the NHL's expertise in setting up the rink, it should avoid some of UNO's problems. I f you can have a game in LA woth a beach volleyball court on the grounds, Denver should be a piece of cake. Maybe a set up for box lacrosse.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

If I'm correct, the first one was MSU vs Michigan and they sold out the stadium (brief search says 103% capacity). Now that was a good idea, and a good game.

Thing is, most rivalries just won't cut it and it's embarrassing that they even try if it's not a guaranteed sell out or it wont break any record like the UM-MSU game did. Put bleachers and boards on Lake Calhoun and play a game there, definitely, but the whole stadium hockey game is played out. I wouldn't want to go to sit in a bad seat in an empty stadium. So stupid
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                            X