Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the 2013-2014 hockey coach for the University of Alaska Anchorage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the 2013-2014 hockey coach for the University of Alaska Anchorage?

Keith Morris: A stellar salesman with connections to the community and UAA hockey. He’s been after Shyiak’s job for a long time.

Curt Giles: High School hockey coach for Edina, MN. This man can coach…the problem is, UAA probably can’t match his high school salary.

Jamie Smith: High profile local coach who could be good with creative incentives for new recruits.

Bill Butters: He left Wisconsin for his ministry…Since Alaska has the most strip mall churches in the country. He’d fit in just fine up here.

Brush Christiansen: Hell…when Les Steckle destroyed the Vikings in one year, Bud Grant was brought back to get the ship right. I’m sure Brush can right UAA after 20 years of going in circles.

Dave Shyiak: Some say that a hockey coach with the best winning percentage in the history of the program should stay. What say theee?

None of the above: (list your write-in candidates below)

--Dre

http://hockeytownak.blogspot.com
    Keith Morris
    0.00%
    Curt Giles
    35.71%
    Jamie Smith
    7.14%
    Bill Butters
    7.14%
    Brush Christiansen
    0.00%
    Dave Shyiak
    21.43%
    None of the above
    28.57%
    Last edited by drcobbmustgonow; 03-13-2013, 12:55 AM.

Re: Who should be the 2013-2014 hockey coach for the University of Alaska Anchorage?

[QUOTE=drcobbmustgonow;5668761]Keith Morris: A stellar salesman with connections to the community and UAA hockey. He’s been after Shyiak’s job for a long time.

Curt Giles: High School hockey coach for Edina, MN. This man can coach…the problem is, UAA probably can’t match his high school salary.

Jamie Smith: High profile local coach who could be good with creative incentives for new recruits.

Bill Butters: He left Wisconsin for his ministry…Since Alaska has the most strip mall churches in the country. He’d fit in just fine up here.

Brush Christiansen: Hell…when Les Steckle destroyed the Vikings in one year, Bud Grant was brought back to get the ship right. I’m sure Brush can right UAA after 20 years of going in circles.

Dave Shyiak: Some say that a hockey coach with the best winning percentage in the history of the program should stay. What say theee?

None of the above: (list your write-in candidates below)[/QUOTE

Can't afford a HS coaches salary??? Just fold the program already if this is true.
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Re: Who should be the 2013-2014 hockey coach for the University of Alaska Anchorage?

GopherBigGuy...i think our AD is trying real hard to take your advice. We're not going down without a fight!
      It's Not just any High School...we're talking Edina. (tongue n check). Honestly...I'd love to see Curt up here. Anyone know if he likes to hunt and fish?

Comment

I don't want UAA to hire Giles he was my old neighbor growing up.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

They should go for Curt Giles. Why go for a coach from the junior league team.

Comment

Hire Gwozdecky!

Comment

Working...
            X