RPI Tailgate Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Tailgate Party

Thread regarding the tailgate party prior to the 12 October 2012 game. Let's get a head count, who's bringing what, and so on and so forth.
    Yes
    43.48%
    No
    21.74%
    Maybe so
    13.04%
    I am bringing others along
    13.04%
    Freddy Meyer will hack the tailgate.
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Re: RPI Tailgate Party

Would love to make it but have a "date" to watch the women play Northeastern on Saturday in Boston.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

REDaero91 and I are bringing some sort of dessert. Also lugnut92 and I will be leaving early probably since we will be playing for warmups with the band.

Comment

I am bringing Halloween-type candy of some sort (haven't bought it yet) as per a suggestion from Babo when I pointed out that hot food or beer probably would cause some sort of problem on the plane.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I am bringing Halloween-type candy of some sort (haven't bought it yet) as per a suggestion from Babo when I pointed out that hot food or beer probably would cause some sort of problem on the plane.
          We should leave the booze buyers to anyone coming from NH.

Comment

I suspect that you will get a rather low count from this poll since Babo mentioned that she was inviting the other parents of players and although most probably read USCHO at least sometimes, i doubt that most post.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I suspect that you will get a rather low count from this poll since Babo mentioned that she was inviting the other parents of players and although most probably read USCHO at least sometimes, i doubt that most post.
              Perhaps if babo would give an estimate as to the number of those people and put it in a post on here, that would help.

Comment

I'll be bringing a variety of smoked/grilled meats the likes of which might include: Bratwurst, Pulled Pork, Brisket and/or ribs....probably a few handmade venison sausages for the game eaters. The variety will depend on how my work week goes travel wise.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

We have something we are supposed to attend that evening-Neither of us wants to go. We sort of almost have to attend so we are trying to come up with a plausible excuse. Probelm is neither of us are good liars-you have to have a good memory to lie (so you can remember what you said) and we both just shoot from the hip with the truth. i would guess the chances of us coming up to Troy that day are about 25/75.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I will be showing up sometime after work (anytime after 3:30). Most likely will bring something from Bella Napoli because I have an addiction to that place.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      I will be showing up sometime after work (anytime after 3:30). Most likely will bring something from Bella Napoli because I have an addiction to that place.
                      The place is beyond great! I can gain 2 pounds looking in the window. It was always our last stop before coming to games.

Comment

Saturday of the Ferris State weekend, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          The place is beyond great! I can gain 2 pounds looking in the window. It was always our last stop before coming to games.
                          I have been known to just get to the shop right before closing time after games. At that point a $5-$10 purchase becomes a $15-$20 purchase just because I feel bad for keeping them open when all they want to do is go home or out to the bars lol.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            Saturday of the Ferris State weekend, correct?
                            No, the Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              I have been known to just get to the shop right before closing time after games. At that point a $5-$10 purchase becomes a $15-$20 purchase just because I feel bad for keeping them open when all they want to do is go home or out to the bars lol.
                              Back in the late 90's Jenny and I stopped there one evening after dinner at Verdile's-picked up a box of 6 pastries that they call 'The Peach'-which is a rum soaked sponge cake filled with heavy cream filling-fully intending to pass them out in section 6 as we did with many of their cookies. They were just too good-we ate half of them and the Tappers ate the rest before we could get into HFH. Everything was always incredible there and it is just good to know they are still there.

Comment

Working...
                              X