Mount Rushmore: Rensselaer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Rushmore: Rensselaer

Please vote for your 4 choices to be on RPI's "Mount Rushmore." The poll will allow you to vote for more than 4 choices, but if you exceed 4 choices, your vote's weight will diminish by how many votes you cast (i.e. if you cast 5 votes, each vote will count as 80% (4/5) of its normal value). Also, there will be no concentration of a vote's weight (i.e. if you only vote for 1 your vote will count as 4 votes).

Further, if RPI is the program that you follow and you want your vote to count for more than say a Sioux fan's vote, please register your program allegiance here...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...theastern-Yale

The voting will remain open for 35 days.

Also, feel free to post "bios" of candidates if you wish.

If you vote for "Other" please post the name of the person you wish to vote for.
    Mike Addesa
    6.34%
    Bob Brinkworth
    3.52%
    Frank Chiarelli
    15.49%
    Ned Harkness
    22.54%
    President Houston
    5.63%
    Joe Juneau
    16.20%
    Garry Kearns
    0.00%
    Adam Oates
    25.35%
    Darren Puppa
    2.82%
    George Servinis
    2.11%
    Other: Please nominate within this thread
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: Mount Rushmore: Rensselaer

Gah so somehow I only managed to vote for three people, though I was sure I checked four boxes, and it won't let me fix it. Adam Oates was my fourth. FS23, can you include that?

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
      Gah so somehow I only managed to vote for three people, though I was sure I checked four boxes, and it won't let me fix it. Adam Oates was my fourth. FS23, can you include that?
      Definitely.
      North Dakota

Comment

So why do you call us "Rensselaer" and you don't call the school 4 hours west "Rochester"?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          So why do you call us "Rensselaer" and you don't call the school 4 hours west "Rochester"?
          2 main reasons: 1) USCHO lists the schools as Rensselaer and RIT, and 2) I didn't want there to be any confusion between RPI and RIT in picking which poll someone wanted to vote in.
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Definitely.
            Thanks! And thank you for putting this together, it's a cool idea!

Comment

Harkness, Oates, Chiarelli, Juneau, Addesa, Puppa

Comment

I'm pleased to see that someone nominated Garry Kearns, the only person in the modern era of RPI hockey to have both played for the Engineers and been the team's head coach.

As a player, he was a darned good one. As a head coach, he took over the program at its lowest ebb and brought it back to respectability. If he hadn't recruited the freshman class of 1965-66, a Division III team might be playing in the Field House today.

I thought that there were four other choices even better than Kearns in this poll, but if there were room for a fifth face on our Mt. Rushmore, he would have been my choice.
                Last edited by Waite21; 06-29-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I'm pleased to see that someone nominated Garry Kearns, the only person in the modern era of RPI hockey to have both played for the Engineers and been the team's head coach.

As a player, he was a darned good one. As a head coach, he took over the program at its lowest ebb and brought it back to respectability. If he hadn't recruited the freshman class of 1965-66, a Division III team might be playing in the Field House today.

I thought that there were four other choices even better than Kearns in this poll, but if there were room for a fifth face on our Mt. Rushmore, he would have been my choice.
                  I suggested to FS23 to add Kearns and Brinkworth since I figured that everyone in RPI's Ring of Honor should be in the poll. You certainly are correct about his place in keeping RPI's program from folding. (On that note, Dale Watson et al. deserve a tip of the hat too.)
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    I had suggested to FS23 that we recognize four faces plus the sculptor, although I'd have honored President Houston as my # 5 pick.

Nice to see how much of a consensus we seem to have, it's refreshing to have so many people be so knowledgeable about a program's history.

I was really disappointed in "The Greatest Athlete of All Time" poll results over in the forum. Too many truly great athletes passed over for very good athletes in major sports. Every one picked for the elimination rounds is from one of the "big four" US sports leagues except Jim Thorpe, Carl Lewis, and Jesse Owens,and Pele, and not one woman made the round of 32.
                    Last edited by FreshFish; 07-02-2012, 09:36 AM.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Oops, forgot to vote for Ned Harkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        Oops, forgot to vote for Ned Harkness.
                        I'll forget to vote for him when Union's thread is started.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                        X