Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Why in the world was this banned in Canada? And while we're at it, how about the guitar lick by Mark Knoefler in the song "Calling Elvis?" Best ever???
    I'm guessing it's because of the gay slur in one of the verses.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Banned in Canada because the original version of the lyrics contains the word fagot,
      ( now queenie) used I believe 3 times. Certain portions of canadian society complained.

knopfler is awesome.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I believe that percussionist is Ray Cooper,... that was a tough one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Cooper

That ain't workin, that's the way you do it!
        You are correct. Anytime you see All Star bands put together for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Prince's Trust, etc. he is always in them.

Clapton was too obvious in the video Then again I started listening to him in the 1960s. Knopfler is also awesome. Jeff Beck is another one of my favorite guitar players especially his albums with Rod Stewart as the lead singer before Rod went pop.

A little hockey talk - Listened to Gwoz's press conference yesterday. He was happy DU got 2 points last weekend as anytime you go on the road in the WCHA and split it is a good thing. He was not happy with the way the team played either night and it sounds like he is getting their attention in practice this week. I think we will see a much more motivated DU team this weekend doing the little things correctly. Out for this weekend is Captain Kyle Ostrow who at the earliest will be back for SCSU but may not be back until the first round of the WCHA playoffs. Of course Jesse Martin is sidelined for the season.
        Last edited by du78; 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

For Tech, out is Capt Brett Olson, with a lower body injury, might or might not be out for the year.

Comment

Since when is fagot a bad word?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              For Tech, out is Capt Brett Olson, with a lower body injury, might or might not be out for the year.
              AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA bv bv v 7565 7bv 66 65
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

;ljkassssssssssssssssssssfafeaoifjoiwequr0921uri09 !$%!^Ahfvhjlaksjvelkafj

...*****http://www.anime-evo.net/forums/images/smilies/headdesk.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA bv bv v 7565 7bv 66 65
                  Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                  ;ljkassssssssssssssssssssfafeaoifjoiwequr0921uri09 !$%!^Ahfvhjlaksjvelkafj

...*****http://www.anime-evo.net/forums/images/smilies/headdesk.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    You are correct. Anytime you see All Star bands put together for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Prince's Trust, etc. he is always in them.

Clapton was too obvious in the video Then again I started listening to him in the 1960s. Knopfler is also awesome. Jeff Beck is another one of my favorite guitar players especially his albums with Rod Stewart as the lead singer before Rod went pop.

A little hockey talk - Listened to Gwoz's press conference yesterday. He was happy DU got 2 points last weekend as anytime you go on the road in the WCHA and split it is a good thing. He was not happy with the way the team played either night and it sounds like he is getting their attention in practice this week. I think we will see a much more motivated DU team this weekend doing the little things correctly. Out for this weekend is Captain Kyle Ostrow who at the earliest will be back for SCSU but may not be back until the first round of the WCHA playoffs. Of course Jesse Martin is sidelined for the season.
                    David Makowski will also be out Friday night due to an altercation with a gopher last weekend. That leaves DU with 5 on defense unless seniors Jon Cook or Joey Brehm are converted back to defense. In the few games they played this year both have played forward.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      David Makowski will also be out Friday night due to an altercation with a gopher last weekend. That leaves DU with 5 on defense unless seniors Jon Cook or Joey Brehm are converted back to defense. In the few games they played this year both have played forward.
                      Forgot about Makowski getting the gate last Saturday night. I would definitley think that Cook or Brehm would dress in his place for Friday.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Of course Jesse Martin is sidelined for the season.
                        How's the recovery going?

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
                          How's the recovery going?
                          He is back in school, made up all of the work he missed and is on track to graduate this year. He is still wearing a neck collar and is acting as a student assistant coach. Against CC a few weeks ago he made his first public appearance to the DU fans during a TV timeout. The crowd went crazy and DU turned on the jets to come from behind and beat CC. I assume he is still doing daily therapy but not sure if he is doing it at DU or in an outpatient facility in the Denver area. There has been some talk that he might apply for a medical redshirt with the hopes of playing next season. I think that is a huge "if" at the moment but nothing is out of the realm of possibility. It would be amazing if he was able to come back and play but at this point I think that percentage is still very low.

He gave an incredibly inspirational speech at DU a few weeks ago at the TedxExpress event. Follow the link if you have 28 minutes of your life to listen to him tell all about what happened to him and how all of the events unfolded.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/01...ns-tedxdu.html

Comment

wow!.. even the first few minutes in quite interesting.

Tech has three guys gone besides Olson. Baker- medical redshirt
                            Schooley - quit in week 4 or 5, and Kattelus- dismissed in week 5.

Comment

He is back in school, made up all of the work he missed and is on track to graduate this year. He is still wearing a neck collar and is acting as a student assistant coach. Against CC a few weeks ago he made his first public appearance to the DU fans during a TV timeout. The crowd went crazy and DU turned on the jets to come from behind and beat CC. I assume he is still doing daily therapy but not sure if he is doing it at DU or in an outpatient facility in the Denver area. There has been some talk that he might apply for a medical redshirt with the hopes of playing next season. I think that is a huge "if" at the moment but nothing is out of the realm of possibility. It would be amazing if he was able to come back and play but at this point I think that percentage is still very low.

He gave an incredibly inspirational speech at DU a few weeks ago at the TedxExpress event. Follow the link if you have 28 minutes of your life to listen to him tell all about what happened to him and how all of the events unfolded.

Jesse was also named a WCHA Scholar Atlete last week.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

You know, this really does put Tech's injury woes in perspective. Hope his recovery is swift and complete.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X