Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

Do you think he deserves a year to right the ship?
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
      I think he deserves a chance to see what he can do when they are reasonably healthy...If the team was reasonably healthy this season I would be joining the rest with calling for a change. I have a feeling MTU will treat this the same way they treated Watters in is last year. If Jamie doesn't start next season well, he's gone after about 10-15 games.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I think he deserves a chance to see what he can do when they are reasonably healthy...If the team was reasonably healthy this season I would be joining the rest with calling for a change. I have a feeling MTU will treat this the same way they treated Watters in is last year. If Jamie doesn't start next season well, he's gone after about 10-15 games.
        Well the word out of the paint store is that my 2nd favorite recruit is sitting on a full ride offer from MI as of last weekend. Another year of uncertainty about who will be coaching isn't going to help us on that front.
        But then, how can you reward a one win season with a four+ year extension? It's a tough spot to be in.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
          He's had two years to do it, and they keep getting injured every year - that's a bad trend, perhaps even a culture. At the same time, they can't leave him and the program in limbo by letting him have one last year as a lame duck without an extension. Either they have to extend him 1-2 more years, or they have to buy him out, and he hasn't really earned the extension. Based on the letters to the local paper earlier this year, the season ticket holders that are left aren't likely to renew unless Russell goes. So if I were the AD, I'd be on the phone with potential donors every day for the rest of the season, trying to raise the ~$121,000.

If the AD is committed to keeping Russell around until the start of next season, then she might as well extend him. Firing him 10 games into next year just pinches another season down the two-holer, along with probably an entire year of recruiting too.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. I do not envy our AD right now - she's in just about the worst possible situation she could be in with regards to the hockey program, short of a major scandal or the WCHA folding.

Comment

My only suggestion for Suzanne right now....call Merrimack's AD, and follow their model. Holy turn-around
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think from a talent perspective Tech was about 9th in the league this year. But given the injuries we ended up playing a lot of inexperienced and to be honest, not that good players.( I think at one point 7 or 8 of the players from the original 18 man roster were out of the line up for extended periods and we had to go out on campus and get a couple more bodies)

I agree that the AD is in a very tough spot, I would not want to be her.
              The players have worked very hard to improve their game and have done so. They still have a ways to go however, especially in the offensive zone.

I don't know how DU did against Bimidji, but we play much the same type of game. We have a big team and we have started to use our size better lately. I think our biggest weakness is that we are slow to loose pucks. The mental part of losing has been very tough. Imho we have had good chances to win the last two weekends and for whatever reason have not done so.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Well the word out of the paint store is that my 2nd favorite recruit is sitting on a full ride offer from MI as of last weekend. Another year of uncertainty about who will be coaching isn't going to help us on that front.
                But then, how can you reward a one win season with a four+ year extension? It's a tough spot to be in.
                Pardon my naivety, but I've always been curious as to the meaning of "paint store"

Anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
                  Pardon my naivety, but I've always been curious as to the meaning of "paint store"

Anyone??
                  The Sherwin-Williams downtown is the main rumor mill for Tech hockey, because a few posters worked there for a while.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    The Sherwin-Williams downtown is the main rumor mill for Tech hockey, because a few posters worked there for a while.
                    Thanks Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post

Anyone??
                      In this case, it's a stand-in for "Calumet Colosseum". But it's wherever scandalous rumors about the future of the program can be found.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I don't know how DU did against Bimidji, but we play much the same type of game. We have a big team and we have started to use our size better lately. I think our biggest weakness is that we are slow to loose pucks. The mental part of losing has been very tough. Imho we have had good chances to win the last two weekends and for whatever reason have not done so.
                        DU swept BSU at home 3-1 and 4-2 back in November. On Friday BSU took a 1-0 lead in the 1st and then DU scored 3 unanswered goals, 1 in each period including an ENG late in the 3rd. On Saturday DU took a quick 1-0 lead and then BSU scored 2 late in the period to take a 2-1 lead at the end of the 1st. Not much happened in the 2nd until Nick Shore tied the game late in the period. DU scored the game winner almost halfway thru the period and got another ENG to ice the game. DU outshot BSU 29-15 on Friday and 23-22 on Saturday. Sam Brittain played both games in goal for DU. DU was in the midst of final exams at that time and the players were all tired from finishing up their fall quarter studies. BSU only had a lead for about a period all weekend. Not DU's best performances but all of DU's big guns provided the offense that weekend; Zucker, D. Shore, Donovan, Makowski, Maiani, N. Shore, Salazar and Bennett.

Both of this weekend's games will be televised on FSN Rocky Mountain.
                        Last edited by du78; 02-15-2011, 09:12 PM.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Ok, how about a little music trivia just for fun.

This song is banned in Canada, and it was the first song ever played on MTV Europe.

It's by an 80's British rock group. OP you should know this even without google.

so here's the questions:
                          1.name the song
                          2. name the group
                          3. and last, in this particular video there is a guy in a pink suit on stage. who is he?

here's the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak

Comment

Eric Clapton is man in pink suit

Standing above Eric Clapton is a percussionist who has played with a number of people including Knopfler, Clapton, Elton John, George Harrison, Billy Joel and the Rolling Stones, among others. Who is he?
                            Last edited by du78; 02-15-2011, 11:06 PM.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I believe that percussionist is Ray Cooper,... that was a tough one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Cooper

That ain't workin, that's the way you do it!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Ok, how about a little music trivia just for fun.

This song is banned in Canada, and it was the first song ever played on MTV Europe.

It's by an 80's British rock group. OP you should know this even without google.

so here's the questions:
                                1.name the song
                                2. name the group
                                3. and last, in this particular video there is a guy in a pink suit on stage. who is he?

here's the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak
                                Why in the world was this banned in Canada? And while we're at it, how about the guitar lick by Mark Knoefler in the song "Calling Elvis?" Best ever???
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X