Re: Hey Man, Nice Shot - Michigan Tech at Denver, Feb. 18-19

;ljkassssssssssssssssssssfafeaoifjoiwequr0921uri09 !$%!^Ahfvhjlaksjvelkafj

...*****http://www.anime-evo.net/forums/images/smilies/headdesk.gif******

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    For Tech, out is Capt Brett Olson, with a lower body injury, might or might not be out for the year.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA bv bv v 7565 7bv 66 65

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Since when is fagot a bad word?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

For Tech, out is Capt Brett Olson, with a lower body injury, might or might not be out for the year.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

I believe that percussionist is Ray Cooper,... that was a tough one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Cooper

That ain't workin, that's the way you do it!
    You are correct. Anytime you see All Star bands put together for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Prince's Trust, etc. he is always in them.

Clapton was too obvious in the video Then again I started listening to him in the 1960s. Knopfler is also awesome. Jeff Beck is another one of my favorite guitar players especially his albums with Rod Stewart as the lead singer before Rod went pop.

A little hockey talk - Listened to Gwoz's press conference yesterday. He was happy DU got 2 points last weekend as anytime you go on the road in the WCHA and split it is a good thing. He was not happy with the way the team played either night and it sounds like he is getting their attention in practice this week. I think we will see a much more motivated DU team this weekend doing the little things correctly. Out for this weekend is Captain Kyle Ostrow who at the earliest will be back for SCSU but may not be back until the first round of the WCHA playoffs. Of course Jesse Martin is sidelined for the season.
    Last edited by du78; 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Banned in Canada because the original version of the lyrics contains the word fagot,
    ( now queenie) used I believe 3 times. Certain portions of canadian society complained.

knopfler is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    Why in the world was this banned in Canada? And while we're at it, how about the guitar lick by Mark Knoefler in the song "Calling Elvis?" Best ever???
    I'm guessing it's because of the gay slur in one of the verses.

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

Ok, how about a little music trivia just for fun.

This song is banned in Canada, and it was the first song ever played on MTV Europe.

It's by an 80's British rock group. OP you should know this even without google.

so here's the questions:
    1.name the song
    2. name the group
    3. and last, in this particular video there is a guy in a pink suit on stage. who is he?

here's the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak
    Why in the world was this banned in Canada? And while we're at it, how about the guitar lick by Mark Knoefler in the song "Calling Elvis?" Best ever???

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

I believe that percussionist is Ray Cooper,... that was a tough one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Cooper

That ain't workin, that's the way you do it!

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

Eric Clapton is man in pink suit

Standing above Eric Clapton is a percussionist who has played with a number of people including Knopfler, Clapton, Elton John, George Harrison, Billy Joel and the Rolling Stones, among others. Who is he?
    Last edited by du78; 02-15-2011, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Ok, how about a little music trivia just for fun.

This song is banned in Canada, and it was the first song ever played on MTV Europe.

It's by an 80's British rock group. OP you should know this even without google.

so here's the questions:
    1.name the song
    2. name the group
    3. and last, in this particular video there is a guy in a pink suit on stage. who is he?

here's the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

I don't know how DU did against Bimidji, but we play much the same type of game. We have a big team and we have started to use our size better lately. I think our biggest weakness is that we are slow to loose pucks. The mental part of losing has been very tough. Imho we have had good chances to win the last two weekends and for whatever reason have not done so.
    DU swept BSU at home 3-1 and 4-2 back in November. On Friday BSU took a 1-0 lead in the 1st and then DU scored 3 unanswered goals, 1 in each period including an ENG late in the 3rd. On Saturday DU took a quick 1-0 lead and then BSU scored 2 late in the period to take a 2-1 lead at the end of the 1st. Not much happened in the 2nd until Nick Shore tied the game late in the period. DU scored the game winner almost halfway thru the period and got another ENG to ice the game. DU outshot BSU 29-15 on Friday and 23-22 on Saturday. Sam Brittain played both games in goal for DU. DU was in the midst of final exams at that time and the players were all tired from finishing up their fall quarter studies. BSU only had a lead for about a period all weekend. Not DU's best performances but all of DU's big guns provided the offense that weekend; Zucker, D. Shore, Donovan, Makowski, Maiani, N. Shore, Salazar and Bennett.

Both of this weekend's games will be televised on FSN Rocky Mountain.
    Last edited by du78; 02-15-2011, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
    Pardon my naivety, but I've always been curious as to the meaning of "paint store"

Anyone??
    In this case, it's a stand-in for "Calumet Colosseum". But it's wherever scandalous rumors about the future of the program can be found.

Leave a comment:

• WFODucati
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    The Sherwin-Williams downtown is the main rumor mill for Tech hockey, because a few posters worked there for a while.
    Thanks Twitch

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
    Pardon my naivety, but I've always been curious as to the meaning of "paint store"

Anyone??
    The Sherwin-Williams downtown is the main rumor mill for Tech hockey, because a few posters worked there for a while.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X