Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

The Badgers played a good, hard game and Bennett played really well. There were some calls that were a bit questionable (refs calling penalties on hits were hard, but perfectly legal) and the Badgers made some key turnovers that resulted in rodent goals. At other times though the Badgers played some amazing defense (at one point they killed off a 1:30 of 5 on 3) and they killed 3 or 4 rodent powerplays.
    The offense was decent. They scored some amazing goals and made some great passes, but I also felt that for a considerable part of the game the offense stalled and looked sluggish.
    All in all though, Im OK with a 3-3 tie. If Bennett hadnt been playing so well (while cramping up for over half the game) the Badgers likely would have lost 6-3.
    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
    Originally posted by MadCityRich
    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      You obviously have no clue so give it up. This is pointless since you keep changing the "facts" to suit you and conveniently don't care when things don't turn out your way. Enjoy living in your own world because I don't want to go in circles like this any more. Go ahead say I don't have a sense of humor like you have before or anything else you want because it just doesn't matter and I don't want to get to the point that you actually would bother me. Peace out!
      He won't stop. Just ignore him.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good series, guys. WI played tough (at least on Sat) and the rivalry is indeed alive and well.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Good series, guys. WI played tough (at least on Sat) and the rivalry is indeed alive and well.
          Agreed. I'll never be hapy with a season split between the two, but oh well. Only thing that frustrated me this weekend, and especially last night, was the sound of the puck slamming against the boards and glass over and over and over and over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Agreed. I'll never be hapy with a season split between the two, but oh well. Only thing that frustrated me this weekend, and especially last night, was the sound of the puck slamming against the boards and glass over and over and over and over and over.
            You should have joined us last night, btw.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You should have joined us last night, btw.
              Sounds like it. I actually stayed in last night, first time I had done that on a weekend in over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I don't tout Wisconsin over Minnesota as an NHL state, since of course there is no team within these borders. What I said was that our NHL team has done just as well as (both of ) yours, meaning that you really don't have much to brag about.

One team decided to leave "The State of Hockey" and the other hasn't done jack, has ugly uniforms and has a stupid name, not to mention Blackhawks castoffs. I only brought up the Hawks to say that I don't care that there isn't an NHL team within our state lines. No one else that I know does either.

Overall, our sports teams across all major sports have done MUCH better than yours in recent history. And I know it bothers you on some level and therefore I use it.

So assuming you are a Viking fan, are you telling me that the Packers winning the Super Bowl doesn't bother you? Nothing? No feelings about it? Not much of a Viking fan then.

It could quite possibly KILL me if the Vikings ever win one and I'm sure it would have if the Ol' Dongslinger had gotten one for you.

The consistency of the Badger football and basketball teams over the past 15 years or so while your programs are mostly just embarrassing? Nothing? B.S.

If these don't bother you, then what is the supposed "border battle," just hockey? Just hockey and MLB? Just NHL?
                So, is it worse to try and fail (w/Northstars & Wild ((so far)), or not try at all?

The thing that Wisco puckheads should be ashamed about is that a state with 400,000 more people then the "State of Hockey" can only support one D1 team. Florida has more NHL teams then that!
                Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                Steven Tyler

Comment

yes, alive and well and that's a very good thing for us as fans, and for NCAA hockey in general, especially heading into the B10 in 2 years.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    yes, alive and well and that's a very good thing for us as fans, and for NCAA hockey in general, especially heading into the B10 in 2 years.
                    Screw the Big Ten. worst idea ever.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post
                      So, is it worse to try and fail (w/Northstars & Wild ((so far)), or not try at all?

The thing that Wisco puckheads should be ashamed about is that a state with 400,000 more people then the "State of Hockey" can only support one D1 team. Florida has more NHL teams then that!
                      Nice. I question how many puckheads are out there in WI that don't still yield to football as their primary sport of interest. Certainly was the case my years spent in WI.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Yup. Destroying 2 well established, thriving conferences to do such a stupid thing.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      He won't stop. Just ignore him.
                      Thanks. Way ahead of you.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I agree completely I HATE the notion of the B10 hockey conference but unfortunately it's coming whether we want it or not (thanks to that b. alvarez and others who know 0 about college hockey).

I just hope UW and MN can continue to schedule Nodak annually (and hopefully for home and home series). Then DU, CC, UMD as well but first on the docket should always be NODAK
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post

We prefer 1 team thats good over having 5 mediocre teams. You guys could combine all 5 of your teams and still couldnt come up with a group that could win an NCAA championship.
                          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                          X