Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ WI: Cheese And Paint Thinner And Dead Deer, Oh My!

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I should have said ALL SPORTS THAT ANYONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT.
    You don't like the idea of watching attractive flexible women in leotards?

You hate America.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
      Ok. Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh, Jake Gardiner, Jamie McBain, John Stocco, David Gilraeth, Blake Sorenson, Beau Allen, Jordan Taylor, Jon Leuer, Kamron Taylor, etc, etc. over last 7 years. That's two 1st round and two 2nd round NHL draft picks, 3 All-Big Ten players, and two MN Mr. Basketball's, and Owantanna's Casey Dehn is suppose to be the Badger's next great OT. Granted two or three didn't have Gopher offers what does that tell about how your coaching staff evaluates talent?

And for the those that are poking fun that the Badgers don't have a baseball team, I'll take a wild guess that the UW women's hockey team outdrew the Gopher baseball team in attendance.(even excluding the 10,000 promotion game)
      I believe the original post stated "all" the top end hockey talent, not some. And if I wanted to participate in your dumb exercise in futility, I could realistically come up with a list of top end talent that played for the Gophers which most likely would eclipse your list. The question is: What does it really indicate? Correlating coefficients such as this can only lead to one conclusion: Wisconsin doesn't appear to have any inherent hockey talent within its borders to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        You don't like the idea of watching attractive flexible women in leotards?

You hate America.
        Leotards are illegal in wisconsin. For obvious reasons.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            HEY! go with Eaves head to head w/Lucia. bringing up Sauer 1-3 annually vs the rodents is (cue archers of loaf) banging on a dead drum
            OK. According to USCHO history, Eaves is in his 9th season. So the Lucia v Eaves match up starts in 2002-2003. The Gophers and Badgers have played 36 times. The Gophers have a 19-12-5 edge over the BADgers (0.597 win%). Ironically, prior to November the Gophers held a 0.617 win% from 2002-2010(which is the exact same win % as 1990 through present).

The Gophers have won 2 games or more 6 of the 9 seasons. The Badgers have won 2 or more games in a season 3 of the nine.

And to be clear, I was not bringning up any Saur Stats. I was covering the years Gurtholfin was claiming domination.
            I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
            -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
              OK. According to USCHO history, Eaves is in his 9th season. So the Lucia v Eaves match up starts in 2002-2003. The Gophers and Badgers have played 36 times. The Gophers have a 19-12-5 edge over the BADgers (0.597 win%). Ironically, prior to November the Gophers held a 0.617 win% from 2002-2010(which is the exact same win % as 1990 through present).

The Gophers have won 2 games or more 6 of the 9 seasons. The Badgers have won 2 or more games in a season 3 of the nine.

And to be clear, I was not bringning up any Saur Stats. I was covering the years Gurtholfin was claiming domination.
              I'm sure Gurto will change the criteria yet again, as he has each time his arguments have been shown to be flawed in this thread. I hope Gurto played D since he is the king of the backpedal.

Comment

Stupid firewalls blocking out all the potentially interesting stuff posted.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  i'm sure gurto will change the criteria yet again, as he has each time his arguments have been shown to be flawed in this thread. I hope gurto played d since he is the king of the backpedal.

The continued changing of the criteria WAS the joke.

Comment

The continued changing of the criteria WAS the joke.
                    Which stopped being funny the second or third time it was done. Where was that dead horse again?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Stupid firewalls blocking out all the potentially interesting stuff posted.
                      Dang you network security.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Which stopped being funny the second or third time it was done. Where was that dead horse again?
                        But the continued deer smack, thinner references and you can't win without our players remains fresh, right?

Talk about a dead horsey.

Comment

But the continued deer smack, thinner references and you can't win without our players remains fresh, right?

Talk about a dead horsey.
                          If you look back at history, schools winning national championships have at least one Minnesota player on their roster. Otherwise, they don't win virtually anything. No other state can say that.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            If you look back at history, schools winning national championships have at least one Minnesota player on their roster. Otherwise, they don't win virtually anything. No other state can say that.
                            Stats are fun. I guess BC has absolutely no chance this year then.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Stats are fun. I guess BC has absolutely no chance this year then.
                              Funny that you bring them up they do in fact recruit Minnesotans. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they have at least one Minnesotan on their roster?

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                Funny that you bring them up they do in fact recruit Minnesotans. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they have at least one Minnesotan on their roster?
                                I just checked BC and you are correct no Minnesotans on their roster which means no championships. ;P

Comment

Working...
                                X