Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ St. Lawrence & Clarkson (2/18, 2/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burgie12
    replied
    Re: RPI & Union @ St. Lawrence & Clarkson (2/18, 2/19)

Our tickets for tonight are in Section L. Tomorrow, we'll be in Section 13. Both days I should be in my RPI away jersey with either a Sabres hat or Mets hat (haven't decided which one to bring yet). My friend will be wearing the Mike Bergin Black Friday jersey that he won in 2009. Another key giveaway will be that I'll be extremely sore from skiing for the first time this season tomorrow. So just look for the kid who's sore and limping.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I've been to Clarkson, before looking for colleges and during an open house, and was even offered a scholarhsip. I didn't like the atmosphere at all.

So no "Clarkson Gene" for you.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

I've been to Clarkson, before looking for colleges and during an open house, and was even offered a scholarhsip. I didn't like the atmosphere at all.
    Jenny and I have seen several RPI games up in the North Country years ago. Admittedly we thought it wise not to advertise what team we were cheering for-we had a great time at the games and found both rinks great to watch games in. However the years we went up-both Clarkson and SLU had really good teams and the fans had a lot of positive results to fan the frenzy.

Leave a comment:

• StayPuftMMcu
    replied

Ditto. Wait. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you. (This is exactly how I felt about RPI )

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

To each their own, I guess. We certainly agree on the fact that RPI was by far the best choice.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
    I'm not going to pick a fight with anyone at Clarskon - I almost went there and my sister loves it there. I fully expect to be yelled at, etc. for supporting RPI, but I'm also going to be sitting with Clarkson students who I count as friends and who would help prevent anything like that from happening. I don't expect it to be pleasant, but I also do not expect the reaction I might get if I was a very loud person who chose to sit with their sibling in, say, the middle of the student section and yell loudly for RPI or yell things against Clarkson.

Without the cherry and white colored glasses, Clarkson is actually a nice place, just terrible weather and not a welcoming atmosphere towards visiting hockey teams and fans with historic rivalries.

Edit - Also this:

I'm also sitting with most of the Women in Science and Engineering floor, so there's that.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

There's a big difference between heckling and being within fist's reach.
    I'm not going to pick a fight with anyone at Clarkson - I almost went there and my sister loves it there. I fully expect to be yelled at, etc. for supporting RPI, but I'm also going to be sitting with Clarkson students who I count as friends and who would help prevent anything like that from happening. I don't expect it to be pleasant, but I also do not expect the reaction I might get if I was a very loud person who chose to sit with their sibling in, say, the middle of the student section and yell loudly for RPI or yell things against Clarkson.

Without the cherry and white colored glasses, Clarkson is actually a nice place, just terrible weather and not a welcoming atmosphere towards visiting hockey teams and fans with historic rivalries.

Edit - Also this:
    Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
    You're going to Clarkson. You're female. People won't hassle you personally. Sometimes it's more fun to sit in the middle of the enemy and blatantly root for the wrong team.
    I'm also sitting with most of the Women in Science and Engineering floor, so there's that.
    Last edited by RKarger; 02-18-2011, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StayPuftMMcu
    replied

I talked with my sister a LOT about this, and the compromise was the Clarkson sweatshirt over my RPI gear and sitting at the edge of the section instead of the front center like she likes. We'll also be surrounded by her friends, who I've met and liked. I've been heckled by the Clarkson band on the Lake Placid Road trip and the QPac student section was not too kind to the band either, so I'll be fine with that. I'm also a short to average height girl and very non threatening. Worst comes to worst, I zip up the Clarkson sweatshirt and root for RPI silently.
    You're going to Clarkson. You're female. People won't hassle you personally. Sometimes it's more fun to sit in the middle of the enemy and blatantly root for the wrong team.

Example: 05-06, a small group of Clarkson fans went to SLU/Brown game 3 and sat in the general admission section in the middle of SLU fans and went crazy rooting for Brown the whole game. Barrels of fun.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I talked with my sister a LOT about this, and the compromise was the Clarkson sweatshirt over my RPI gear and sitting at the edge of the section instead of the front center like she likes. We'll also be surrounded by her friends, who I've met and liked. I've been heckled by the Clarkson band on the Lake Placid Road trip and the QPac student section was not too kind to the band either, so I'll be fine with that. I'm also a short to average height girl and very non threatening. Worst comes to worst, I zip up the Clarkson sweatshirt and root for RPI silently.
    There's a big difference between heckling and being within fist's reach.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

I fear for your safety.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I'll be at the Clarkson-RPI game, sitting on the edge of the student section with my sister. Look for the girl wearing both RPI and Clarkson items but cheering only for RPI.
    I fear for your safety.

Leave a comment:

• TimU
    replied

The visitors have everything going for them this weekend: better results, more experience, and more to play for. Both CD teams should be looking for nothing less than four points.

Just don't show up at Appleton wearing blue and white and you should be OK.

Leave a comment:

• RKarger
    replied

I'll be at the Clarkson-RPI game, sitting on the edge of the student section with my sister. Look for the girl wearing both RPI and Clarkson items but cheering only for RPI.

Leave a comment:

• StayPuftMMcu
    replied

Originally posted by UnionTDX04 View Post
    Thanks! I think it was Club 99 when I was there last time.
    It was. Club 99 in the rink and Bar 09 in the new student center. I bet you can't guess where the numbers came from.

Leave a comment:

• UnionTDX04
    replied

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
    Two on campus bars now - one in the new student center and one in Cheel Campus Center (hockey rink) that is always open for hockey games that are both beer/wine bars. Can't imagine why they wouldn't want hard liquor being sold on campus...
    Thanks! I think it was Club 99 when I was there last time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X