• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State Recruiting Class

Hammer. Please check your E-Mail again.

Comment

Fire Kirinovic!!!
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by SkimeySalamander View Post
        Hammer. Please check your E-Mail again.
        I'm having issues with my email lately.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Is there any other way I can contact you via computer?

Comment

Lack of rivalry??
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Don't care. It's not a hockey rivalry.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Eric Alexander, Right Wing, Kentwood, Mich.
                6-2, 190 lbs., Shoots: Right, Date of Birth: 8/15/89
                2008-09 team: Chicago Steel, United States Hockey League

I'm always skeptical of anyone that comes from less than an hour away. Hopefully Ouellette knows how to score, he has a good hockey name.
                "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

I don't give a damm where they come from. It sounds like Ouellette knows what to do with the puck. As for Alexander, I suspect he's going to be a high PIM guy.

hattrick, do you have any expectations for this year?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I don't give a damm where they come from. It sounds like Ouellette knows what to do with the puck. As for Alexander, I suspect he's going to be a high PIM guy.

hattrick, do you have any expectations for this year?
                    As always I would like to host the first round of the tournament, so that's 8th. I think 6th or 7th is possible and 9th is more likely. Non-conference play is unpredictable. Our clustermates are Miami and Ohio State, two teams that we historically match up well against. In league play I'll go with 11-15-2-2 for a grand total of 26 points and putting us at 9th. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know about expectations, I'll use the word predictions.
                    1. a victory at the Badger Showdown (meaning the whole shebang)
                    2. death, taxes and lots of penalties
                    3. traveling to Fairbanks for the first round of the CCHA Tournament

Two things regarding off ice happenings.

I think the CCHA messed up on the UAH bid. I'm not sure how Kirinovic voted, but I'd bet he was against it. Hopefully they'll have time to fix it.

I was impressed with all the promotions listed on the schedule this season. It really looks like they're trying. A free game for students to start the season! If Ewigleben can get a crowd I think on ice improvements are more likely to happen as well.

Thoughts from Bulldog Nation?
                    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                      As always I would like to host the first round of the tournament, so that's 8th. I think 6th or 7th is possible and 9th is more likely. Non-conference play is unpredictable. Our clustermates are Miami and Ohio State, two teams that we historically match up well against. In league play I'll go with 11-15-2-2 for a grand total of 26 points and putting us at 9th. I hope I'm wrong.
                      I think your thoughts on our record are pretty well spot on.

I don't know about expectations, I'll use the word predictions.
                      1. a victory at the Badger Showdown (meaning the whole shebang)
                      2. death, taxes and lots of penalties
                      3. traveling to Fairbanks for the first round of the CCHA Tournament
                      1) Might as well. We've won the thing the last two times we've been there.
                      2) Yeah, that's a given. Unfortunately
                      3) If UA's goaltender is back, they're finishing higher than 8th. But yeah, we're probably travelling in the 1st round. We might end up in Columbus.

I think we're looking at 9th or 10th. We've got the scoring, talent, and experience to do more. The players have just got to pull their heads out of their rear ends when it comes to discipline and taking penalties.

Two things regarding off ice happenings.

I think the CCHA messed up on the UAH bid. I'm not sure how Kirinovic voted, but I'd bet he was against it. Hopefully they'll have time to fix it.

I was impressed with all the promotions listed on the schedule this season. It really looks like they're trying. A free game for students to start the season! If Ewigleben can get a crowd I think on ice improvements are more likely to happen as well.

Thoughts from Bulldog Nation?
                      Agreed: UAH.

The students' attendance does not appear to be the problem, at least from what limited games I've seen. But on the other hand, if this team is going to continue to go 12-19 like they did last season, I don't blame people for staying away. I'm guessing that the people of Big Rapids and the rest of Mecosta county have limited funds, and they're not going to blow their money on this team if it continues to underperform relative to their talent.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                        Our clustermates are Miami and Ohio State, two teams that we historically match up well against.
                        I saw that, and really wasn't sure personally, but looking back the past few years wow.

Since 05-06, the year after our last cluster, Ferris is... 3-4-2 against Miami. Not bad given how our seasons have turned out. Against Ohio State? FSU is 6-2-2. If we include 04-05 the numbers do take a hitch (4-6-3, 8-7-2 respectively), but over the past few years that Buckeye number really sticks out.

Also from the Miami media guide last year:
                        Series History........................................... .............Miami leads 41-38-12

I guess that'd be 41-39-13 now.
                        Last edited by mcfarljd; 08-17-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Guys- Im going to be coming to Big Rapids for the Miami-Ferris series in January. My old man played there in the 70's he always goes atleast once a year. Will be my first trip up, surprisingly, but looking forward to it.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Alexander should be the best player out of that group. He's a tough kid that knows how to score. Very effective player.

Bonis is a skilled kid. Decent skater, good hands, good shot. There were some big time programs that were interested in him when he was younger. He didn't really find the right fit in the USHL and a lot of that interest cooled, but then he went to the NAHL and was very successful.

I don't know much about the other two kids from Canada. Kirzinger is supposed to be really fast. Ouellette is small and has put up points everywhere he's been. No idea how that will transfer over though.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Interesting pre-season comments and predictions.

Comment

Well, what are your thoughts?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X