X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #58

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Judge Bobby Baldock on that panel?
    Probably not. I have no real idea who exactly will be on the panel. All I know is that there will be 3 judges, and based on what I've been told it is a horrifying experience.

EDIT: No, not moot court. This is for our Lawyering Process class (legal writing).
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Probably not. I have no real idea who exactly will be on the panel. All I know is that there will be 3 judges, and based on what I've been told it is a horrifying experience.

EDIT: No, not moot court. This is for our Lawyering Process class (legal writing).
      If you are getting federal appellate judges for your legal process class, you are blessed. You will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        If you are getting federal appellate judges for your legal process class, you are blessed. You will do well.
        It will be a good experience, but we're all pretty much nervous wrecks right now.
        North Dakota

Comment

FS23, your website doesn't look right witht he Linux version of Firefox. Because you put all of your lines at a static location instead of using a table, your text bleeds across lines, making one name go over top of the other.

Comment

Curious how Bentley lost points (okay, 9 ten-thousandths of a point) after having one of their best seasons in years.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              FS23, your website doesn't look right witht he Linux version of Firefox. Because you put all of your lines at a static location instead of using a table, your text bleeds across lines, making one name go over top of the other.
              I'll pass that along to the web guy (I don't run the website). Thanks.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Curious how Bentley lost points (okay, 9 ten-thousandths of a point) after having one of their best seasons in years.

Powers &8^]
                Probably has more to do with losing twice to Michigan at the beginning of the season than anything. While playing top end teams can help, if you lose to them, it hurts...especially when you rarely play top end teams.
                North Dakota

Comment

#30-#58 are in...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/G...-Programs.html

Union comes in at #35 (read: #26). Their 431.75% jump in points, and 16 spot increase were easily the highest of any team this season. If they can make another run similar to this year, they stand a shot at jumping into the top 30. Elsewhere, Niagara dropped from #37 to #39. Western Michigan actually stayed in place, while Lowell actually dropped a spot. Both of those were the result of Union leaping over those schools. RIT dropped from #34 to #36, getting surpassed by Ferris State and Union, while Bemidji, SCSU, Vermont, Ohio St., and Brown all dropped 1 spot from last year's rankings due to Ferris State's improvement.
                  North Dakota

Comment

#30-#58 are in...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/G...-Programs.html

Union comes in at #35 (read: #26). Their 431.75% jump in points, and 16 spot increase were easily the highest of any team this season. If they can make another run similar to this year, they stand a shot at jumping into the top 30. Elsewhere, Niagara dropped from #37 to #39. Western Michigan actually stayed in place, while Lowell actually dropped a spot. Both of those were the result of Union leaping over those schools. RIT dropped from #34 to #36, getting surpassed by Ferris State and Union, while Bemidji, SCSU, Vermont, Ohio St., and Brown all dropped 1 spot from last year's rankings due to Ferris State's improvement.
                    So Union received over four times as many points this season as they got from the rest of their "storied" history.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-12-2012, 11:19 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      So Union received over four times as many points this season as they got from the rest of their "storied" history.
                      Correct. If you look at the past two seasons, that accounts for nearly 95% of their program's points according to the formula.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Correct. If you look at the past two seasons, that accounts for nearly 95% of their program's points according to the formula.
                        Two questions: What's been the largest one season rise or fall if you have that info? Have you played with the formula enough to notice any large changes?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Two questions: What's been the largest one season rise or fall if you have that info? Have you played with the formula enough to notice any large changes?
                          I don't really have historical information as to the largest one season rise/fall. Generally, it is difficult to fall too much (points wise). The largest falls that I have seen are generally from highly ranked teams, and they are still less than 1 point overall. As for the largest one season rise, there have been some very good rises from title teams since I have started tracking this, but I never had everything in until midway through last season (I started a few years before that). As for rise in rankings by spots, the RIT jump in 2010, Bemidji jump in 2009, and Union jump this season are probably the three highest (each were around 15 or so spots in a jump). Had Union won the title, they would have likely jumped about 25-30 spots, which would have been by far the largest jump since I have been tracking the data.

As for the "large changes" I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that...
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            LSSU in 1987-1988, mayhaps?

Comment

Brown > UVM and Lowell. Alllllllright.
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Given what you said about Bentley, it looks like RIT's two losses to Wisconsin (though close) hurt them more than beating Ferris and LSSU helped.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X