Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anchorage Goes Flat: UAA vs. North Dakota February 11th & 12th

via Brad Schlossman:
    Attendance at REA tonight is 12,090 -- the second-largest attendance in the building's history (first is opening night).
    Very impressive and against the Seapups to boot.

Comment

Well that was a massacre. mean fighting sue gave a beating to the bad seawolves with a sunday newspaper.

Congrats on the sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
        via Brad Schlossman:

Very impressive and against the Seapups to boot.
        Very impressive indeed. But also very random. How does this end up happening against UAA? Can someone explain?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Part of that may have to do with the comeback tie to open the season...other than that, I really have no idea.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Very impressive indeed. But also very random. How does this end up happening against UAA? Can someone explain?
            Duluth fans are probably asking how SCSU beat their team 8-2 on Friday and tied them on Saturday (at HOME no less). And the answer is ... (ding-ding-ding), this is the WCHA. Ya just never know, and there are no done deals or sure bets.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Duluth fans are probably asking how SCSU beat their team 8-2 on Friday and tied them on Saturday (at HOME no less). And the answer is ... (ding-ding-ding), this is the WCHA. Ya just never know, and there are no done deals or sure bets.
              No UMD fan is asking. We didn't play well enough. We already know.

Sorry to tell you that UAA is not a big draw. I would assume the biggest crowds at the Ralph would be from when UMTC is in town.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It was the first weekedn where GF got above zero since October so eveyone came out to celebrate?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  It was the first weekedn where GF got above zero since October so eveyone came out to celebrate?
                  This probably had a lot to do with it.

Comment

I can attest to this. Friday was beautiful in Grand Forks.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This is the only reason I could think of
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

This.

Comment

No UMD fan is asking. We didn't play well enough. We already know.

Sorry to tell you that UAA is not a big draw. I would assume the biggest crowds at the Ralph would be from when UMTC is in town.
                          They were last weekend, and seems to have been in the other schools UAA visited this season as well, so I don't know what you are basing that statement on.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            They were last weekend, and seems to have been in the other schools UAA visited this season as well, so I don't know what you are basing that statement on.
                            My experience over the last 5 years of being a college hockey fan. UAA, understandibly does not travel as well as other schools.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Someone on Brad's Blog posted this as a possibility as to why attendence was so high on Saturday

Hadn’t played a Saturday night home game since Jan. 22nd and don’t have another night home game in regular season. I suspect that played into it. I think people like the before and after game activities of a Saturday night game. It’s a long time from Jan 22nd and March 12th

Comment

Working...
                              X