Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State at Michigan feb 11 and 12

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
    Caught the last 15 minutes of this game!! What an enjoyale pace to it. Always someone making dynamic plays.
    Different than what I expected- with Michigan rushing defensemen into the play, and OSU countering turnovers... I expected a boring 2-1 type game. The goalscorers for both teams showed up, but Hunwick was the difference again.

Anyone think Wilkins is still a tool, though?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Anyone think Wilkins is still a tool, though?
      Wilkins is Piotrowski's lap dog!

Comment

Friday Night Game.

I thought the Bucks owned the first period as they controled the pace. Again they couldn't put the puck in the net. The second and third period was all Michigan. It was a FUN game to watch win or lose. GO BUCKS GO.
        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Tonight the bucks were lucky to be in the game. Cal made save after save to keep them in it. Michigans transition game was killer tonight. Most times when you dont convert on a 5 minute PP you lose. After being down 2 goals i thougth they battled back and had some great chances to tie the game but just couldnt convert Crain missed a half empty net on that PP. All 4 games were decided by 1 goal. Much more post whistle action tonight.Congrats to Michigan on a well deserved sweep this weekend who knows maybe round 3 in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally Posted by klbaum1077
            and what a shot by louie for that 3rd goal.

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
            It was a great shot by Louie but it also took a drastic deflection off the arm of one of the OSU dman (i think #4) and jumped over Heeter. Great shot but a lucky break also.
            The highlights on mgoblue.com show that #20 Severyn threw his stick back to try and break up the play, but it appeared that he deflected a shot off his blade from initially going wide of the net, to the roof of the net. Nice break, not so much a nice shot.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
              Originally Posted by klbaum1077
              and what a shot by louie for that 3rd goal.

The highlights on mgoblue.com show that #20 Severyn threw his stick back to try and break up the play, but it appeared that he deflected a shot off his blade from initially going wide of the net, to the roof of the net. Nice break, not so much a nice shot.
              I noticed that when i went back and watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                Tonight the bucks were lucky to be in the game. Cal made save after save to keep them in it. Michigans transition game was killer tonight. Most times when you dont convert on a 5 minute PP you lose. After being down 2 goals i thougth they battled back and had some great chances to tie the game but just couldnt convert Crain missed a half empty net on that PP. All 4 games were decided by 1 goal. Much more post whistle action tonight.Congrats to Michigan on a well deserved sweep this weekend who knows maybe round 3 in the playoffs.
                There's no reason Saturday night's game should have been as close and exciting as it was had it not been for Heeter. Despite the loss, he was named the #1 star and with good reason. Michigan just kept coming at OSU the first 40 minutes. They created more quality scoring chances last night than any game in recent memory. Lack of finishing off those chances is still a concern, but the fact that they gave themselves those chances is at least a start. Even though the PP continues their 0-for-Forever streak (like 0-for-20 over last four games or something), it at least looked like they had a plan Saturday night...well, save for that awful shorthanded breakaway. But they were setting up, passing around, creating opportunities on the doorstep and getting shots. Again, other than not finishing off those chances, I can't complain too much. Penalty kill looked strong, too. Ohio State did not register one shot on goal during the five minute major. That's impressive given how poor our PK has been. Hunwick was strong in net again last night, too, and came up with several key glove saves, the biggest being with a minute left and the OSU goalie pulled.

Glad Michigan held on for the win. When you're only up 2-0 after all the chances they were getting, you start getting the feeling that you're letting the opponent hang around too long. Then they got the shorty, 5 min PP, and suddenly the game takes a new twist. But U-M keeps playing like that and hopefully the goals and wins will keep on coming.
                Michigan Hockey Net
                Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Michigan played very aggressive and disrupted OSU's efforts constantly. Every time OSU tried to pass or make a play on the puck there was a Michigan stick in the way. OSU didn't do much to help themselves either when you have a 5 minute power play and spend most of it chasing the puck back to your end. Congrats to UM for the wins, you earned it.

Comment

tBTN said Michigan is 0 fer 23 on the PP. Even worse, they've given up 2 shorties in that span. Their PP was at 20% before the drought, it's at 17% now.

My Dad and I have been going to see the Broncos play this year. Michigan will be lucky to split if they play this way vs them. They have got to find some offense.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                      tBTN said Michigan is 0 fer 23 on the PP. Even worse, they've given up 2 shorties in that span. Their PP was at 20% before the drought, it's at 17% now.

My Dad and I have been going to see the Broncos play this year. Michigan will be lucky to split if they play this way vs them. They have got to find some offense.
                      By my math, Western's 2 for 33 since the NMU series (3-1-2) on the power play. Maybe both teams can agree to decline penalties.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Michigan hasn't scored a PPG since Brown netted one in the second game against Alaska- five games ago.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Michigan hasn't scored a PPG since Brown netted one in the second game against Alaska- five games ago.
                          Please don't tell me that was a 5 on 3 pp!!
                          No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Please don't tell me that was a 5 on 3 pp!!
                            The power play is so bad, I'm not sure they have any of those this year. But they certainly allow them.

Comment

Working...
                            X