Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
    It's not like the whiteout was original when RPI did it for the first time.
    It's not like you actually share a primary color with Cornell and actually "need" your fans to wear white. Save your "whiteout" for when you play a team that wears garnet.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      It's not like you actually share a primary color with Cornell and actually "need" your fans to wear white. Save your "whiteout" for when you play a team that wears garnet.
      Good point, but by those guidelines Union would never get to whiteout anyone.

IIRC last years whiteout was against Princeton and fans received a white t-shirt. This year's whiteout gift is a rally towel.

Comment

IIRC last years whiteout was against Princeton and fans received a white t-shirt. This year's whiteout gift is a rally towel.
        At least it isn't a pair of white gloves.

Comment

Colgate wears Garnet (or at least something very close to it.)
          RPI Engineers
          1954, 1985 NCAA Champions

New Jersey Devils
          1995, 2000, 2003 Stanley Cup Champions

Comment

Teams use the *insert color* out for a big game, not when an opposing fan base has a similar color. Growing up in Pennsylvania, my first thought turns to PSU and their white outs. After losing to Cornell in the ECAC championship game last season, and with them climbing the ecac standings, this constitutes a big game for us.
            NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 2014
            Frozen Four: 2012, 2014
            ECAC Champs: 2012, 2013, 2014
            NCAA Appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I don't have my tickets in front of me; was the time misprinted on the ticket? I could see that to be the only reason HFH would call the ticket holders...
              RPI box office called me today at 1:30 to remind me of change, I've long been aware of change but appreciate the call.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionTDX04 View Post
                Teams use the *insert color* out for a big game, not when an opposing fan base has a similar color. Growing up in Pennsylvania, my first thought turns to PSU and their white outs. After losing to Cornell in the ECAC championship game last season, and with them climbing the ecac standings, this constitutes a big game for us.
                So, you're saying that the Whiteout is more of a lame attempt to pump up fans with a random gift (a la the BRF!) than an attempt to encourage fans to show up in white because their opponent is wearing a similar color. In other words, "We're not copying this promotion of yours, we're copying that other one!" The fact that they're playing the same team that we are when we're doing our Whiteout must be pure coincidence then.
                Last edited by burgie12; 02-08-2011, 01:55 PM.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

So, you're saying that the Whiteout is more of a lame attempt to pump up fans with a random gift (a la the BRF!) than an attempt to encourage fans to show up in white because their opponent is wearing a similar color. In other words, "We're not copying this promotion of yours, we're copying that other one!" The fact that they're playing the same team that we are when we're doing our Whiteout must be pure coincidence then.
                  I was not aware you guys were doing a whiteout this weekend. Then I hope our ripoff leads to lots of white in the rinks and 0 points for Cornell
                  NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 2014
                  Frozen Four: 2012, 2014
                  ECAC Champs: 2012, 2013, 2014
                  NCAA Appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I'll take this report with the proverbial, "grain of salt", considering CJ's injury is said here to be a knee injury http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/scratches.php
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionTDX04 View Post
                      This is a big game for Cornell as well, though it's taking us older fans a while to wrap our heads around it. There's nothing to prevent this from becoming a strong rivalry and hopefully our fans won't display the sort of arrogance one associates with say BC or Minnesota. If a team's ahead of you in both the standings and the PWR that team is a serious competitor, and all bygone years' hardware are neither jot nor tittle. Union and RPI both fit the bill and we will be fortunate to escape this trip unswept.

These games are going to test whether Cornell's recent surge was just the by-product of an easy stretch or whether we really are playing better and bringing a young team together under The System. I hope we take at least 1 point this weekend. 2 or more is the amen break.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 02-10-2011, 07:41 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

great win tonight.....totally poor display of conduct by cornell.....

Comment

So RPI was not very good tonight.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            So RPI was not very good tonight.
                            Thanks for the in-depth analysis.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                              Thanks for the in-depth analysis.
                              You're welcome.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

RPI was good, Colgate was better ! Last game was the same 2-1 OT. Gate outshot you both games !
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X