>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Madolora has not been consistant lately. In the last 6 games, he has either had a shutout or gave up 5 goals. The defense has all year been allowing a lot more shots on goal than in years past. That's going to catch up to you at some point.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

It happened again tonight. Burkholder made the necessary changes in the first intermission and RIT has no answer. When does it stop?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Good to see some improvement in the third period this time. It's just too bad it came after we'd given up the lead. =(

I really do like Wilson as a coach, but I don't think he should be immune from criticism. If the entire team comes out and plays poorly -- as they generally did after the first period yesterday -- it seems like that's more on the coaching than on any individual player.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Good to see some improvement in the third period this time. It's just too bad it came after we'd given up the lead. =(

I really do like Wilson as a coach, but I don't think he should be immune from criticism. If the entire team comes out and plays poorly -- as they generally did after the first period yesterday -- it seems like that's more on the coaching than on any individual player.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            It happened again tonight. Burkholder made the necessary changes in the first intermission and RIT has no answer. When does it stop?

Powers &8^]

Apparently in the 3rd

While not a win, it's a positive step against a good team that's playing for position in the pod standings.
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              The defense has all year been allowing a lot more shots on goal than in years past. That's going to catch up to you at some point.
              shots/goals per 60 minutes in aha play
              2010/11 - 30.4 / 2.34
              2009/10 - 26.2 / 1.81
              2008/09 - 27.7 / 2.52
              2007/08 - 27.5 / 2.50
              2006/07 - 29.3 / 2.49

not quite sure i can call a shot a period "a lot more", but yes we are up a bit this year. shot totals probably seem inflated some from all the overtime games.

we lost arguably the best defensive pairing in school history. we picked up two very strong teams in the aha. we had a very tough schedule to the lopsided pods. we also spent four minutes more per game in the box than last year. personally, i don't think anything has changed style wise. we are just facing tougher teams and spending more time in the box.
              i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

so maybe Burkholder is the only coach that can "out-coach" Wilson???? I think Niagara is just a bad matchup with their speed and forechecking. Their goaltesting is more inconsistant, and hence why they are playing in the first round.

RIT has at least a .500 record against every other team in the league. A league that is more difficult than last year I might add.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I watched the game on TV and it seemed like the ice was really bad. The puck was bouncing all over and players kept falling. Oh well no more ties from here on out
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                    I watched the game on TV and it seemed like the ice was really bad. The puck was bouncing all over and players kept falling. Oh well no more ties from here on out
                    Supposedly the ice was very hard Friday night. Which sounds obvious, but well anyone who knows about hockey should understand.
                    RIT

Comment

It absolutely pains me to say, but it seems we have to root for Canisius next weekend. They're our best hope to dodge the Niagara bullet. =/
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        Supposedly the ice was very hard Friday night. Which sounds obvious, but well anyone who knows about hockey should understand.
                        I was actually refering to Dwyer arena
                        RIT Tigers
                        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

I'm not against criticizing Wilson - for example, there are times after bad losses that he goes on the air with Lerch and basically says "eh, I'm not upset about it, sometimes the bounces just don't go your way, but I thought we played a good game," and that just leaves me speechless - but in this case, I think it's pretty silly to claim everything is his fault for "not making adjustments." Both nights we came out and played a hell of a first period. What adjustment would you make off of that? Who knows what was said in the locker room? Not anyone here, that's for sure, which means this is all baseless speculation.

Also, the whole losing streak against Niagara thing is just stupid. We've played them 11 times in 16 years or something like that. 3 times this year leaves 8 games in 15 years, or barely once every other year. In that span, whole teams have turned over 3 or 4 times. Coaching staff probably has as well, to some extent. It's meaningless.

Niagara is not invincible. If we get out there and play a solid 60 minutes against them - something it doesn't seem like we've done yet - I favor us to win. There's a reason they're in 4th place in the AHA. They had an 0-4-1 streak coming down the home stretch and recently got beat by Canisius. They're 0-2-1 against RMU. I hope the players aren't thinking along the same lines as discussion here, and getting a mental block about playing these guys. We can beat them. 2-1-0 against Canisius, won one in OT, maybe they won't even make it out of the first round.

Also, the schedule at atlantichockeyonline.com seems to have Sacred Heart and Holy Cross picked to the end of the season
                          "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                            It absolutely pains me to say, but it seems we have to root for Canisius next weekend. They're our best hope to dodge the Niagara bullet. =/
                            This may make some of you feel slightly better. Niagara is 0-2 at home (0-2-1 overall) vs. RMU and 1-1 at home vs. UConn, which are their potential quarterfinal opponents. They potentially have the hardest road in to the BCA of the top 5 seeds.

RIT is 3-1-2 vs. Bentley/SH/AIC
                            AFA is 3-2-1 vs. Army/Bentley/SH
                            HC is 3-3-1 vs. UConn/Hurst/Canisius
                            NU is 1-3-1 vs. RMU/UConn
                            RMU is 4-0-1 vs. NU/UConn
                            2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                            2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                              Haven't you been paying attention? Wilson was a demigod here before last season's run in the NCAA's and now he's a full blow God! Criticizing him is blasphemy!!!

I didn't see the game so I can't comment about that. I just comment in general over the years that I have seen Wilson. All coach have their strong suits. I think Wilson's is recruiting. He's one of the best especially when taking his institutional constraints into consideration. I do think there is better coaches when it comes to motivation and the in-game X's and O's part of coaching. It is what it is.
                              Last edited by MattS; 02-27-2011, 09:00 AM.
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                                Also, the whole losing streak against Niagara thing is just stupid. We've played them 11 times in 16 years or something like that. 3 times this year leaves 8 games in 15 years, or barely once every other year. In that span, whole teams have turned over 3 or 4 times. Coaching staff probably has as well, to some extent. It's meaningless.
                                I say bullcrap to your statment of this being stupid and meaningless.... Niagara is a natural rival. They are/will be one of RIT's top competition in the AHA. RIT had trouble beating them back in the DIII days and it has continued into DI. This long losing streak to Niagara means a lot to me and I am sure a lot of other long time RIT hockey fans.
                                Originally Posted by Cornell Fan WordsSayNothing: "RIT has an impressive fanbase. I wouldn't mind having them on my side."
                                2003-2004 ECAC West Pick'em Champ
                                2003 DIII Tournament of Posters Champ
                                2002-2003 DIII Last Person Standing Champ

Comment

Working...
                                X