Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    And besides, RIT is nowhere near qualifying for the tourney as an at-large. They would have to move up from 24th to 15th place in 5 weeks in order to qualify.
    While also losing to someone in the AHA playoffs. Not going to happen this year (the at-large bid that is).
    -M

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
      Well we crushed canisius to assure first round bye. We were absolutely insane on the powerplay and Madolora actually was tested and made a lot of very epic saves. Two shutouts in a row and 5 on the season.

The only negative was Burt taking the majority of our penalties and continuing to cough up pucks.
      Burt is the epitome of what will cost this team in the playoffs this year. Flashes of greatness followed by immense brain farts.

Coach needs to bench him to check his attitude. A little less BS and a little more team play would be pretty nice.
      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
        Burt is the epitome of what will cost this team in the playoffs this year. Flashes of greatness followed by immense brain farts.

Coach needs to bench him to check his attitude. A little less BS and a little more team play would be pretty nice.
        I'll agree insofar as we need him to take less penalties. What will doom us in the playoffs is penalties and defense. Lately our defense has been great, so we just need to continue to work on our discipline. We have lowered our average PIM by two minutes or so from midseason, so there is some hope.

I think that our offense and Madolora can take us to another AHA title though. Beyond that, the team will need to improve.
        RIT

Comment

As much as I hate the pod system, it works out pretty nicely if you are the #1 seed this year. In all likelihood, we will be guaranteed to play one of the bottom 3 teams in the Quarterfinals if they are all from the East.
          2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
          2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

completely agree. he even said this on his facebook a week ago: "Good win boys. I just wish people who probably never played the game would keep their comments to themsleves. Trying to check scores not read your game recap lol"

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
              completely agree. he even said this on his facebook a week ago: "Good win boys. I just wish people who probably never played the game would keep their comments to themsleves. Trying to check scores not read your game recap lol"
              Yup. He obviously feels that the criticism is unwarranted. It reminds me of Drew Stafford of the Sabres calling people on internet forums "a bunch of mousepotatoes". If you're going to attack your fanbase for being critical of you, maybe you need to reevaluate your attitude.

The whole "you don't play so you don't know" thing is BS. I play enough hockey to know that he has been making awful decisions this year, whether it comes to unnecessary roughing penalties, to lazy trips, to bad passes directly to the other team. He hasn't been strong on the puck and he hasn't been strong without it either. For every good play he's made in a game, he makes a handful of awful giveaways and boneheaded penalties. It doesn't take experience in the sport to know that he needs to fix his game. He's trying to do too much. He needs to simplify. Then he will shine.

Go Tigers.

Comment

This isn't necessarily directed at Burt but at least they have fans that actually care enough to come on this page and talk about the team. It's not always good but how many teams in AHA, or in any of the conferences, have season threads as well visited as ours?
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Yup. He obviously feels that the criticism is unwarranted. It reminds me of Drew Stafford of the Sabres calling people on internet forums "a bunch of mousepotatoes". If you're going to attack your fanbase for being critical of you, maybe you need to reevaluate your attitude.

The whole "you don't play so you don't know" thing is BS. I play enough hockey to know that he has been making awful decisions this year, whether it comes to unnecessary roughing penalties, to lazy trips, to bad passes directly to the other team. He hasn't been strong on the puck and he hasn't been strong without it either. For every good play he's made in a game, he makes a handful of awful giveaways and boneheaded penalties. It doesn't take experience in the sport to know that he needs to fix his game. He's trying to do too much. He needs to simplify. Then he will shine.
                  two words: puck hog.

edit: seems like he saw this thread and was mentioning here specifically: "Is gonna be a sports commentator. Seems like the new thing to do lol. Their is one writer that really inspire me lol they even go behind the scenes to social networks for scoops, anything for a story i guess hahaha"
                  Last edited by Zyklon; 02-14-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

That's incredibly obtuse of him. Whether you conclude that your detractors are right or wrong, there is some requisite introspection upon hearing this kind of talk about you. Simply brushing it off as quick as it comes is just arrogant. It says that you cannot accept the mere possibility that you might be doing something wrong.

Then again, if he's posting about it, maybe it is getting under his skin somewhat.

What is it going to take to light a fire under his ***? He's not motivating himself, he's not motivated by his team, and he's not motivated by fans' criticism. The problem is in his own head, and that's where it has to be sorted out.

This does give me some pause, though, to remember that "anonymous" as posting here may be, you never know who will be on the other side. As vocal as I've been about his play - to the chagrin of some - I'll admit I've certainly not been pragmatic about it. Offensive tones in words justify defensive readings, at least in the mind of the reader. Mea culpa.
                    Last edited by slewwwwwfoot!; 02-14-2011, 07:02 PM.
                    "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                      That's incredibly obtuse of him. Whether you conclude that your detractors are right or wrong, there is some requisite introspection upon hearing this kind of talk about you. Simply brushing it off as quick as it comes is just arrogant. It says that you cannot accept the mere possibility that you might be doing something wrong.

Then again, if he's posting about it, maybe it is getting under his skin somewhat.

What is it going to take to light a fire under his ***? He's not motivating himself, he's not motivated by his team, and he's not motivated by fans' criticism. The problem is in his own head, and that's where it has to be sorted out.

This does give me some pause, though, to remember that "anonymous" as posting here may be, you never know who will be on the other side. As vocal as I've been about his play - to the chagrin of some - I'll admit I've certainly not been pragmatic about it. Offensive tones in words justify defense readings, at least in the mind of the reader. Mea culpa.
                      I'm just attempting to state the facts not to be offensive, hopefully this will light a fire under him.

Comment

I'm just attempting to state the facts not to be offensive, hopefully this will light a fire under him.
                        Sorry, not what I meant to imply. That's obviously a hard line to judge. I don't mean to attack him personally, either, it merely stems from my observations of his play. But it's also obvious how subjective that is.

To clarify - when I said mea culpa, I'm not admitting wrong-doing or a desire to offend; simply that by not considering who the readership may be, my choice of phrasing may be more offensive than intended. There's some happy area between asinine political correctness and carelessness.
                        "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

two words: puck hog.

edit: seems like he saw this thread and was mentioning here specifically: "Is gonna be a sports commentator. Seems like the new thing to do lol. Their is one writer that really inspire me lol they even go behind the scenes to social networks for scoops, anything for a story i guess hahaha"
                          I caught that too. If he is, in fact, reading about himself on the internet, then he needs to understand the perspective of how places like sports forums work. If one wants only information, go to the news and never leave the front page of USCHO. When you make the decision to cross the railroad tracks and enter the hellstorm that is people speaking their opinions, you better be prepared for what you will find there. Because it's not going to be all peaches and sunshine.

There are also some people here who know far more about what goes on behind the scenes than they have any right to. The walls of the Ritter talk and it doesn't fall upon deaf ears (mostly). There are also people here who know quite a bit about the sport of hockey, whether or not they've played it. Their opinions are not baseless.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that teams are targeting Burt. In his defense, they understand the talent he has. We know, and players know, and their coaches know, what he can do with the puck. Open space is Cam's friend. Teams are playing him tight now and keeping their sticks active around him. When he tries to enter the zone they try to clog it up to keep him from getting into the open. And it's working. The trick is to figure out how to change that, so that trying to dangle 3 opposing players isn't the only way to break into the zone with the puck, because that has typically lead to turnovers.

The penalties need to be fixed though. He's taken too many lately that he's downright deserved, whether technical or retaliatory, and that needs to stop. And he's not the only player on this team guilty of it. I understand playing physical, but blasting a guy from behind when you're in a tight game is no way to lead by example.

Go Tigers.

Comment

I guess it's also worth mentioning that teams are targeting Burt. In his defense, they understand the talent he has. We know, and players know, and their coaches know, what he can do with the puck. Open space is Cam's friend. Teams are playing him tight now and keeping their sticks active around him. When he tries to enter the zone they try to clog it up to keep him from getting into the open. And it's working. The trick is to figure out how to change that, so that trying to dangle 3 opposing players isn't the only way to break into the zone with the puck, because that has typically lead to turnovers.
                            wayne will figure it out. my head immediately jumped to having him be on a line w/ either janda and mcreynolds (is he injured?) or like knowles and someone else. basically with someone else who gets a lot of attention. mcreynolds cuz he scares people or knowles cuz he a quick guy and needs to be covered as well.

Comment

wayne will figure it out. my head immediately jumped to having him be on a line w/ either janda and mcreynolds (is he injured?) or like knowles and someone else. basically with someone else who gets a lot of attention. mcreynolds cuz he scares people or knowles cuz he a quick guy and needs to be covered as well.
                              McReynolds has been sick. He'll probably play in the next game.
                              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

The penalties need to be fixed though. He's taken too many lately that he's downright deserved, whether technical or retaliatory, and that needs to stop. And he's not the only player on this team guilty of it. I understand playing physical, but blasting a guy from behind when you're in a tight game is no way to lead by example.
                                There is absolutely no reason why Burt needed to back down at all this past weekend. He attracted a lot of attention from Canisius and it led to a totally embarassing mess of a weekend for them. This is hardly the weekend to draw any conclusions about Burt - we won twice by a combined score of 9 - 0.
                                KBranch

Comment

Working...
                                X