>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Recruits - End of Regular Season

Just an update on the Tiger Recruits at the start of the JrA Playoffs.

USHL - Sioux City Musketeers - 16 games left before the USHL Playoffs begin, they sit at the bottom of the Western Conference with a 19W-20L-5OTL record.

Nick Gordon - F - 6'1" - 195lbs - 12/18/1990 - Export PA.
    Gordon has been on the long term injured list since 12/14/2010 with an undisclosed injury. His current Line is 2g-4a-6pts an -1+/- over 21 games. Not much to go by for this season. Prior to the USHL he played prep at Northfield Mount Hermon. Good size, and was counted on to play lots of minutes for the Musketeers. Hopefully will be back for some games before the playoffs start.

OJHL - Wellington Dukes - Finished atop the East Division standing with 81pts and a 40W-10L record. Facing Upper Canada Patriots in the first round of the OJHL Playoffs. Lead that series 2-0. Ranked 6th in the CJHL JrA national rankings.

Jordan Ruby - G - 6'1" - 180lbs - 2/22/1991 - Tavistock Ont
    Finished the regular season with 2088 minutes in net, and a 26-9 record with 3 shutouts, 77GA - 2.21GAA - 1060SV - 0.932SV%. He's logged the vast majority of minutes for Wellington the past 2 years and finishes with a 2yr record of 69games 4093minutes 47W - 21L - 3SO - 150GA - 2.20GAA - 2063SV - 0.932SV%. All you can say is CONSISTENCY.... Based on reputation, he should challenge for minutes with the Tigers. I seriously doubt anyone in the AHA will have as much depth in net next year as RIT with Madolora, Watson, and now Ruby.

Honors:
    OJHL Player of the Month in December 2010.
    SE Division 1st team all-star
    Ranked #26 among North American Goalies by Central Scouting.
    Starting Goalie for the Canada East Silver Medal team in the 2010 JrA Challenge.
    Backup Goalie for Canada East in the 2009 JrA Challenge.

OJHL - Georgetown Raiders - Finished 3rd in the West Division with a 32-18 record and 67 pts. Currently down 0-2 against Oakville in the first round of the playoffs.

Stuart Brownell - D - 6'4" - 185lbs - 5/9/1992 - Burlington Ont
    Started out the season with Streetsville and traded to Georgetown toward the end of the season. Finshed this year with a line of 48games 6g - 17a - 23pts - 58pim. This gives him totals over the past 2 seasons of 96games - 8g - 31a - 39pts - 128pim. A 6'4" defenseman sure sounds like a winner, but can't find anything written about him anywhere. Guess we'll just have to see what he looks like with a Tiger on his chest next year.

Tomorrow I'll try to get to the BCHL where the bulk of the Tiger recruits are playing. That's also where there just might be some Offensive Studs for the future. Given that Favot graduates, and Brenner isn't going to be back, an infusion of goals is just what the Tigers will need next year.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Some odds on tomorrow's Fan's Choice voting:

Favot 3-1
      Brenner 8-1
      Madolora 12-1
      Burt 12-1
      Mitchell 20-1
      Anyone else 30-1
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Bummer.........

Rochester Institute of Technology: The Tigers lose their top two scorers, Andrew Favot (124 career points), and Tyler Brenner (23 goals this season). Brenner is foregoing his final year of eligibility. This class of five won three AHA regular season titles and was national semifinalists last season.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/24/plen...#ixzz1EvXUOZlW
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Bummer.........

Rochester Institute of Technology: The Tigers lose their top two scorers, Andrew Favot (124 career points), and Tyler Brenner (23 goals this season). Brenner is foregoing his final year of eligibility. This class of five won three AHA regular season titles and was national semifinalists last season.

Obviously Favot was leaving, but Brenner leaving with a year left of eligibility is a really big blow. Any idea what his plans are? He must have had a reason.
          RIT

Comment

I feared Brenner was going to leave when he was included in the senior cards, but I wanted to cling to denial.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Bummer.........

Not at all surprised about Brenner...he fared pretty well as an invite to the Bruin's developmental camp over the summer...I wouldn't be surprised to see some team sign him into their system relatively quickly after season's end.

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but Wednesday's D & C had a nice write up on Daniel Spivak's international experience with Isreal.. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...s-main-defense

Also - I expect to hear the purple hockey team song Friday night over the telecast (have to work through the game, so it's being DVR'd)

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                  Not at all surprised about Brenner...he fared pretty well as an invite to the Bruin's developmental camp over the summer...I wouldn't be surprised to see some team sign him into their system relatively quickly after season's end.
                  I guess I'm just surprised he's leaving without having something set in place. Maybe he does, and we just don't know? I mean, everyone knew that Tanev got picked up and that was why he left. Brenner is a great player and I wish him the best, but if he's leaving without having something in writing, he might regret it..
                  RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    I guess I'm just surprised he's leaving without having something set in place. Maybe he does, and we just don't know? I mean, everyone knew that Tanev got picked up and that was why he left. Brenner is a great player and I wish him the best, but if he's leaving without having something in writing, he might regret it..
                    Ya, i'm interested in where and why as well. He can't just be entering the NHL draft or something right? (too old?)

Comment

He is too old for the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he has something set up for when the season ends.

I think he has his degree, though. If you cliick on his name in the rosters, you get dashes for a year (redshirted?).

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                        Ya, i'm interested in where and why as well. He can't just be entering the NHL draft or something right? (too old?)
                        Definitely too old, but if he were entering the NHL draft, he wouldn't have to leave school to do so (see all the NHL draft picks on the teams we played against last March/April)

As an aside, Tanev was about a week too old to enter the NHL draft in 2010..if he had been a week younger, he may have played with RIT another year while the Vancouver nutritionists (or whoever drafted him - other teams were interested) worked with him in dev camps (I don't think Vancouver was expecting him to be in the show this year). Then again, he may not have played here at all if he fell on the other side of the cutoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          He is too old for the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he has something set up for when the season ends.

I think he has his degree, though. If you cliick on his name in the rosters, you get dashes for a year (redshirted?).
                          Well if he has his degree, I guess it makes a little more sense. To stay and play another year having finished school and having had a season like he had this year, I guess he figures this is the best time to get out and test the waters and if nothing comes together, go into the real world.

That or he's got something lined up. Hopefully it involves the Sharks
                          RIT

Comment

Brenner is a senior academically. He had to sit out his first year because of some eligibility issues. I was also told that Cornacchia is also a senior academically but will be coming back for grad school and to use up his final year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Can he have something in writing without violating NCAA rules? Seems that might violate the letter of the law. I always thought it was more of a handshake deal while guys were still in college.

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                                Can he have something in writing without violating NCAA rules? Seems that might violate the letter of the law. I always thought it was more of a handshake deal while guys were still in college.
                                Anything in writing would be a violation. I wouldn't be surprised if he has something lined up though.

Comment

Working...
                                X