Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by Mania View Post
    Anyone see the question of the week? I'd like to see a regional in Syracuse. Would be nice to only have to drive an hour.
    Why not Buffalo (not on list)?

Ted's Hot dogs before and after and still, only 1 hour away.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post

Ted's Hot dogs before and after and still, only 1 hour away.
      The finals were there in 2003.
      My Four Favorite teams:
      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Attendance issues. It's too out of the way for the New England schools' fans to drive to (not my opinion, just ask their fans) and way too far for most of the western schools to get too easily. Plus, the way the regionals draw, it would look absolutely empty in an NHL arena like HSBC.
        Frankly, I was surprised as many of the sites they did put on that list for us to choose from for much the same reasons as described above.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Question, if the Tigers go to a game three in the first round, when does that game start on the Sunday? I'll be in Singapore (13 hours ahead) and am trying to figure when I'll need to wake up if it comes to that.
          All 3 games are at 7:05 pm (Rochester time, that is )
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
            All 3 games are at 7:05 pm (Rochester time, that is )
            So, 8:05am on Saturday, 7:05am on Sunday and 7:05am on Monday (curse you daylight savings time). Will be tough going to work on Monday and streaming WITR on the ride in but here's hoping I don't have to.
            Last edited by blazer777; 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM. Reason: More random thoughts
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by Mania View Post
              Anyone see the question of the week? I'd like to see a regional in Syracuse. Would be nice to only have to drive an hour.
              I vote Syracuse because not having to drive at all would be wonderful.
              RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by MattS View Post
                I don't agree with this at all. It's like the crap people want to spew about a "moral victory" when their team loses a tough game against a superior opponent. There is no such thing as a good loss or a moral victory. A team either wins or doesn't. No in between. A well coached team can, and should, learn just as much from a win as from a loss.
                See http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey/2010/01/16/rit-vs-connecticut/

That loss to UCONN was a key to last years success. Then again last years Frozen Four run proved you wrong on all most ever point too...

Ok, even I admit that was over the top...
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                  See http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...s-connecticut/

That loss to UCONN was a key to last years success. Then again last years Frozen Four run proved you wrong on all most ever point too...

Ok, even I admit that was over the top...
                  Whatever. I can play that game too and cherry pick a game that I think was important. I think the key to last year success was the win over Sacred Heart in the AHA Finals. Without that win the season isn't nearly a success. See how easy that is? Heck I'll even pick another game as the key to the season.....How about the first win over UConn in the fall. Maybe without that win the team just keeps their downward spiral.

I still stand by my statement that "A well coached team can, and should, learn just as much from a win as from a loss". The moral victory and turning point stuff is just made up statements that play well in the forums like this one, talk radio, and sportscenter but in reality mean nothing.

If were counting the number of times where each of us were wrong...I'll have to get back to you on yours....I don't have that much time right now to count them all.
                  My Four Favorite teams:
                  RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                  Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

You guys are both wrong :P

Moral victories don't count in the standings, but you can use them for positive reinforcement.

We all want RIT to win every game. It's not going to happen. RIT's two wins over Robert Morris were all nail-biters. It's not like RIT dominated them in the two games. They are a very good team that is going to be a tough out in the AHA tournament. They got some puck luck in that Madolora had one of his worst games. It happens. Time to refocus and move on. The goal is to make the NCAAs. The Tigers have done a lot to make that road a lot easier with capturing the #1 seed.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post

They got some puck luck in that Madolora had one of his worst games. It happens. Time to refocus and move on. The goal is to make the NCAAs. The Tigers have done a lot to make that road a lot easier with capturing the #1 seed.
                      Just to quickly hit on Madolora's play vs RoMo this past weekend. It seems to me that when our defense can prevent shots from 6 inches outside the crease, Shane can stop darn near all of them. It's when we allow the other team to take point-blank shots and jam it into the net on 2nd and 3rd tries that we lose hockey games. RoMo is a strong team and knew that they needed to really battle to the front of the net and that's what they did and they won.
                      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

I had a chance to talk with CBS College Sports and USCHO.com's Dave Starman today while we were recording the USCHO.com Hobey podcast. Dave, who will be the color commentator for the TV broadcast, is really looking forward to the trip; it was his scouting visit to the Ritter last season that encouraged him to campaign with CBS to broadcast at RIT. They'll be getting video tomorrow with both Niagara and RIT for use during broadcast.

Comment

Coach Wilson was on Pure Hockey on Campus's coach's corner segment tonight- you can listen to it here around the 21 minute mark(it's ~13 min overall).

Nothing really new is said, but it's an interesting listen.

topics discussed:
                          -Playoff status of western pod teams/getting the bye
                          -Madolora's success and the freshmen D
                          -The top line and various players stepping up
                          -The mentality going into the Niagara games before heading to the playoffs; how the team is now vs last year
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            I had a chance to talk with CBS College Sports and USCHO.com's Dave Starman today while we were recording the USCHO.com Hobey podcast. Dave, who will be the color commentator for the TV broadcast, is really looking forward to the trip; it was his scouting visit to the Ritter last season that encouraged him to campaign with CBS to broadcast at RIT. They'll be getting video tomorrow with both Niagara and RIT for use during broadcast.
                            I'm getting pretty hyped for this broadcast, even though I'm going to be at the game. My family back home is going to be recording it on the DVR in HD so I can watch the coverage the next day. I'm hoping the corner crew gets some love, and our chants bleed through like they do during the Time Warner Sports broadcasts.

Also, the game sold out on Wednesday. That's earlier than any of the Air Force or Canisius games..and it's at the end of Finals week when many students have gone home. If this doesn't show off the fanbase, nothing will.
                            RIT

Comment

It's also senior night, so some of that could be due to player's families and whatnot.

But nonetheless, a very good sign.
                              "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                                ...around the 21 minute mark(it's ~13 min overall).
                                Tricky...
                                —Elliot
                                RIT Class of 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X