>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Yup, looks that way to me as well. Can only hope the team continues to improve over the next 3 games leading up to the tournament. I was very impressed with their power play and scoring tonight.

Comment

Another year, another AHA regular season championship ... congrats Tigers and on to the playoffs!!
      -M

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
        nice win and nice showing by the fans. Witr called it Ritter west!
        Watched the game on B2 and it looked like the Ritter with the sea of orange across from the cameras. The Time Warner broadcast was being shown, and 85% of the crowd shots were of RIT fans. That's embarassing for a Canisius-oriented broadcast.

On a side note, former NHLer Andrew Peters was the color analyst.
        2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
        2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Congrats on the title. Getting to be a regular thing.
          Any word on whether or not Wilson will start sitting guys? We could use some help against Bobby Mo and Viagara. Sucks that we played you when nothing was decided but the other two get you after everything is clinched.
          2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
          2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
          Air Force Falcons
          2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
          2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
          2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
          2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
          2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
            Congrats on the title. Getting to be a regular thing.
            Any word on whether or not Wilson will start sitting guys? We could use some help against Bobby Mo and Viagara. Sucks that we played you when nothing was decided but the other two get you after everything is clinched.
            If last year is any indication, I doubt guys will sit. Ropponen starting on senior night on national TV might be the only personnel difference made since the Tigers clinched...

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
              If last year is any indication, I doubt guys will sit. Ropponen starting on senior night on national TV might be the only personnel difference made since the Tigers clinched...
              In some ways a shame we can't show off Madolora on national TV.

Maybe Ropo will play the game of his RIT Career though and we'll walk out with a W. Sure hope so.

I doubt we'd be sitting anyone besides goalies as it is, and Madolora is too hot right now to bench for more than a game. Maybe some of the lower lines will get more ice time, but I'm sure Wilson still wants to win.
              RIT

Comment

Any of the regulars that are nicked up might not play so that they stay healthy for the playoffs. But yes, based on last year, everyone who is healthy will play.

And so that you guys remember Rop DID beat Cornell earlier this year. I think it's a tossup between him and Madolora on Friday.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

since we made the move to D1, the AHA season totals are:

W L T Win%
                  RIT 92 29 15 0.732
                  AFA 71 40 24 0.615
                  Mercy 63 53 19 0.537
                  Army 59 52 24 0.526
                  S Heart 60 57 18 0.511
                  Canisius 52 62 21 0.463
                  Bentley 53 67 15 0.448
                  H Cross 50 65 20 0.444
                  UConn 50 73 12 0.415
                  AIC 32 93 10 0.274

step 2: OOC games, playoff games outside of ritter
                  i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                    step 2: OOC games, playoff games outside of ritter
                    I thought 4-1 in playoff games outside Ritter was pretty good last year.
                    -M

Comment

Despite all the flaws with the pod system it just dawned on me we won't have to play Holy Cross in the quarters for once. When I saw they were in 3rd place I thought it was a typo but nope they just flew under the radar
                      RIT Tigers
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Robert Morris is now a TUC, making RIT's record against TUCs 3-5-0 (soon to be 4-5-0, hopefully). If any other AHA team makes into the TUCs, we'll have the minimum needed for it to be taken into account in the pairwise.

Powers &8^]

Comment

If we beat Robert Morris, they will likely fall under the TUC line, at least temporarily.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            If we beat Robert Morris, they will likely fall under the TUC line, at least temporarily.
                            I think the best case scenario would be for RoMo to win all their games against non-RIT teams, and then lose twice more to RIT (this weekend and in the AHA finals). This would probably keep them over .500 for RPI with a 5-2 record the rest of the way, and also give RIT a 5-5 record against TUC. I would think there'd be some comparisons we could flip with that record.

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                              Despite all the flaws with the pod system it just dawned on me we won't have to play Holy Cross in the quarters for once. When I saw they were in 3rd place I thought it was a typo but nope they just flew under the radar
                              It's kind of refreshing to see at least one Eastern team go out and earn their bye so the ridiculous scheduling system will not play as much of a factor in the "fairness" of the tournament. I figured that might happen. A few weeks ago when all of the inter-pod games were done, I saw that the bottom West teams and top East teams were pretty close. So it only figured that at least one of the top Eastern teams (HC as it turns out) would go on a win streak since they were only playing lower East teams while at least one of the West teams (Caisius as it turns out) might go into a slump since they were only playing better West teams. The standings are still slanted to the West, but at least one of the Eastern by teams may actually finish in or at least near the top 4 overall.
                              Yeah, RIT won't be playing HC, but they could end up playing UConn again (or any of at least four other teams, fwiw).
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                                I think the best case scenario would be for RoMo to win all their games against non-RIT teams, and then lose twice more to RIT (this weekend and in the AHA finals). This would probably keep them over .500 for RPI with a 5-2 record the rest of the way, and also give RIT a 5-5 record against TUC. I would think there'd be some comparisons we could flip with that record.
                                If RMU (or anyone else for that matter) loses to RIT in the AHA finals, who cares what the PWR is? The Tigers wouldn't need an at-large selection if they win.

And besides, RIT is nowhere near qualifying for the tourney as an at-large. They would have to move up from 24th to 15th place in 5 weeks in order to qualify. I doubt a 5-5 record would be good enough to flip that many comparisons at this late date (although I don't have the time to look up those teams' records vs. TUCs).
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X