Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Maine = dirtiest program in NCAA hockey history

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead
      UNH= University of No Hardware
      I am not the one calling fans of other teams degrating names or makeing fun of the state they come from. I have only posted about hockey. Tim Whitehead needs to go for he good of the maine hockey team. U N H has never won an NCAA national title in mens ice hockey. Tell me how anything I have posted on this board isn't hockey?
      Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
      Went to goblackbears.com and before the main site it shows a promo buy tickets for this weekends men hockey games yea baby! So glad I haven't attended a game this seson and cancelled the season tix last year.

This is the gist of your "contributions" to these threads. You are obviously not a Maine fan. To borrow from Lloyd Benson, I know many Maine fans. I am friends with many Maine fans. You, sir, are no Maine fan.

Such exposition tells me that the writer is a plant of one sort or another -- either a fan of another team who purports to root for Maine, or a real plant, as in the writer's cranial cavity contains corrugations of cauliflower. Which is it?

Perhaps this says it all:

Your are nothing but a troll who can't talk hockey.
      (sound of clicking the "add to ignore list" button.)
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by mainehockeyfirewhitehead
        2* time national champs, post season ban, games forefitted and a cheating coach suspended for an entire year
        fyp

Comment

yeah you're the epitome of class.
          You have already been congratulated for the 99 championship, and I only wish we'd have the chance at revenge, but unfortunately, only one of our programs will be participating in the NCAA's anytime in the near future, and its not the Laker-Huskies of AsteriskU

Good luck with your facebook crusade, btw

Comment

You had a chance in a frozen four vs us and what happened? The samething that has happened to UNH every time they enter the NCAA playoffs went home without the hardware
            Congrats again, and while we keep trying to get that first one, you guys will keep crying for a new coach, losing fans, going to half full games and competing for that vaunted 8th and final playoff spot with UMass-LOL and Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by mainehockeyfirewhitehead
              you had a chance in a frozen four vs us and what happened? The samething that has happened to unh every time they enter the ncaa playoffs went home without the hardware
              you clearly must be bored just focus your attention on your team hope they play well down the stretch , upset some teams and we can resume the thread next year. , its time to move on.

Comment

So, in conclusion, UNH hasn't won a title, and Maine has a big black mark on their team's history with theirs. Thats all in the past, since you're adamant about talking hockey, if you want to talk about the teams now and moving forward, by all means, lets do that, otherwise, good luck with your crusade.

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                  What part of "self-reported" and "self-imposed" don't you understand?

(Sheesh -- I'm sorry. I'll bet you attended UMaine. What would you know about those things?)
                  Dude they still haven't grasped the pass/fail theory...... what do you expect

Comment

very classy trashing a man who has died and can't defend himself to bad he had the last laugh in 1999
                    A) It wasn't "trashing", the incidents in fact really did happen, do you dispute the 2 year post season ban, 14 games forfeited, and 2 University imposed suspensions (the second of which lasted a year) - in addition to: public reprimand and censure, four years probation, no tv broadcasts for a year, reductions of scholarships, etc. by the NCAA?

B) Walsh and the University did have an opportunity to defend themselves, they filed an appeal, and in Feb. 1997 the NCAA responded (in part): "The Infractions Appeals Committee concluded that the evidence supported the Committee on Infraction's findings."

C) Wasn't the "last" laugh when he was ejected from his final game in Worcester in 2001?

Comment

Says the fan who roots for the University of No Hardware. No championships in mens d1 hockey I would say thats not passing thats an epic fail....
                      From the supporter of a team who had to rack up 36 numbered infractions and numerous secondary infractions to win theirs.

Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 1988*, 1993*, 1995*
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 1989*, 1992*, 1993*, 1995*, 2000, 2004
                      NCAA Champions: 1993*, 1999

When you say Maine Black Bears, you've said asterisks!

Comment

Probation. Howz that treating ya ???

Does UHN currently have any eligible players on its roster or are they all "email recruits"
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          Probation. Howz that treating ya ???
                          Not bad, it's up in April, sure beats the 4 years of it you had, as well post season bans, lost scholarships, no TV, suspended coach, etc.

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          Does UHN currently have any eligible players on its roster or are they all "email recruits"
                          To my knowledge none of the "email recruits" are currently at UNH nor did the investigation effect their ability to come to UNH (they still could) or their "eligibility", I wouldn't rely on a Mainer for a rule interpretation though:
                          Walsh said that while he knew Tory had been rejected by two schools, he didn't bring the rejections to the attention of admissions officials at Maine or the athletic department's NCAA compliance officer, Woody Carville. Carville said if he had known about the rejections, he would have checked with the NCAA office.

Walsh said it's standard procedure for him not to mention potential problems about players who are being recruited - even if the players are accepted at Maine.
                          - http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A2=ind...0&I=-3&P=13379
                          Last edited by Lake Whitt; 02-18-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Whitt View Post
                            Not bad, it's up in April, sure beats the 4 years of it you had, as well post season bans, lost scholarships, no TV, suspended coach, etc.

To my knowledge none of the "email recruits" are currently at UNH nor did the investigation effect their ability to come to UNH (they still could) or their "eligibility", I wouldn't rely on a Mainer for a rule interpretation though:
                            - http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A2=ind...0&I=-3&P=13379
                            Well, enjoy probation...I sure hope the NC$$ keeps a close eye on Umiles recruits...make sure they dont get inundated with illegal emails again.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Speaking of bans and probation... what happened to MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead?

Hey buddy, you're outta here!

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Whitt View Post
                                Speaking of bans and probation... what happened to MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead?

Hey buddy, you're outta here!
                                Where'd he go? Did the short bus break down on the way home from school?
                                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X