Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Now. Who is coming to East Lansing

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    You mean scoring two goals a game, folding in the clutch and not making the Frozen Four?
    No, he means taking the conference title on a regular basis, winning 25-30 games a year, making the NCAAs and scoring about 2 1/2 that amount.

I think it's more than a little troubling that Anastos is quoted as saying he was "surprised to be considered for the job".
    Whereas the perceived front-runner would take it in a shot.

It almost sounds like the new coach is running from something, instead of running to an opportunity.
    Last edited by owslachief; 03-23-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Relax. We will be fine.
      All hail the Big Ten and our Network!
      There thou beholdest the walls of Sparta, and every man a brick. -Lycurgus , 850 B.C

Comment

Maybe the next time the football team needs a new coach,they can hire a guy who served as an assistant for a year with a high school varsity team back in 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by MCB View Post
          Ha, then MSU replies with, "how would like to play for a man the Hockey News ranked one of the top 100 influential people in the game of hockey?"

This is a brilliant hire. He's got the hockey knowledge and more proven leadership than any other real candidate.

I remember when there use to be knowledge people on this board. Lately, nothing but short-sighted, knee-jerk reactionaries. If you relax and think this through, you'll realize how great this hire is for MSU.
          That sure is some good spin work. You work in PR?
          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            It almost sounds like the new coach is running from something, instead of running to an opportunity.
            The realization that his "bread and butter" marketing plan is now horribly flawed and everything he built up with Olympia Entertainment and FSN-Detroit is now being flushed away in two years?

I can't wait to have a commissioner who actually WANTS to promote the rest of the league.

If Anastos ran the WCHA, during their logo change this summer he WOULD have put the Wisconsin W or an upside down Minnesota M in the logo.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It is an unsettling choice. if we look at the positives maybe as a front-man, and organizational-type he will bring in a fresh staff(Asst Coaches, strength and conditioning,medical,down to stick boys). I want to see who he brings on to his staff.
              Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                It is an unsettling choice. if we look at the positives maybe as a front-man, and organizational-type he will bring in a fresh staff(Asst Coaches, strength and conditioning,medical,down to stick boys). I want to see who he brings on to his staff.
                Actually, although it is a choice that is not expected, it may turn out right. The key is going to be who he keeps, and who he doesn't on the staff. I'm not sure that the entire staff needs to be replaced, but he will need to have good people around him to make up for his lack of experience. If Tom Newton is replaced, then there might be a problem at Munn. Renfrew will probably go as he was too close to Comley for there to be change.

I tell you what, any change is good at this point.
                "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Who are the assistants going to be?
                  Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                    Who are the assistants going to be?
                    Bruce McLeod and Joe Bertagna.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Bruce McLeod and Joe Bertagna.
                      Hahaha, I was going to post this!

Instead I was going to say the former comissioner of CHA and whoever is in charge of Atlantic Hockey
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Instead I was going to say the former comissioner of CHA and whoever is in charge of Atlantic Hockey
                        If Bob Peters came out of retirement to coach in East Lansing, the earth under Bemidji, Minnesota would probably just open up and swallow everything.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          If Bob Peters came out of retirement to coach in East Lansing, the earth under Bemidji, Minnesota would probably just open up and swallow everything.

GFM
                          What needs to occur for this to happen?
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                          X