Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by realet View Post
    The newest installment of Engineer Bracketology is up at Without a Peer. The TUC watch continues unabated.

For the record, I've got Yale, North Dakota, Boston College, Merrimack, Minnesota-Duluth, Denver, Union, Michigan, Merrimack, and Notre Dame as pretty much locks for the tournament unless they go into the tank. Actually, I think Yale, UND, Union, Michigan, and Notre Dame could go into the tank and still make it.
    Just fascinating-I am in awe! I really understood the entire thing. Nicely presented!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond
        Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        RPI 2010-2011 V: Engineering a great finish.
        I don't see how these two are any different. Both woof-worthy. I'd go for Engineering, but that's me.

Originally posted by realet View Post
        The newest installment of Engineer Bracketology is up at Without a Peer. The TUC watch continues unabated.
        Excellent job, as always, Tom.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Allow me to end this debate.

RPI V: We need to come up with a title.
          I like it - works on multiple levels.
          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            I don't see how these two are any different. Both woof-worthy. I'd go for Engineering, but that's me.
            It's just my opinon but I like RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond better because it would apply to this year and only to this year (unless we get another player named Chase). RPI 2010-2011 V: Engineering a great finish could be applied to any year (well not to 1966). As to woofworthiness, again it is just my opinion, but the first is just taking about the chase, not how well or poorly we will do. Granted "and beyond" implies something. Then again RPI 2010-2011 V: We need to come up with a title has something also.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My title sugeestion We ain't Bailen on this season baby!!!!
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Allow an outsider to chime in

RPI 2010-2011 V- "Just because we are paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get us"
                I actually like this one even though I am no fan of Kissinger. Of course it is not as good as those understated yale title threads "We skate circles around you", "We're number 1"
                Last edited by AspyDad; 02-22-2011, 12:49 PM.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Just fascinating-I am in awe! I really understood the entire thing. Nicely presented!
                  Want to add one more thing Bracketology-wise - consider this a USCHO message board exclusive.

One thing that could indirectly help us would be if Union boosted its TUC record a touch. Why? Because Union is currently losing downtable comparisons with Notre Dame, Miami, and Western Michigan, all teams that are currently of concern to the Engineers. The WMU/UC comparison looks practically unflippable thanks to the 2 wins WMU has over Union, but Union's comparisons with ND and Miami could flip if Union betters its record against TUCs. That could be done with a win over Princeton on Saturday, Niagara becoming a TUC, or Bemidji State dropping out. On BSU, we are at odds with that, because we want Bemidji as a TUC to hurt Nebraska-Omaha. We're also at odds with Cornell - Union loves them as a TUC, we hate them as one.

So what's the answer? Well, it wouldn't hurt to root for Union over Princeton, and hope other things turn out well for us.
                  Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Bracketology has been an education for me-I have always had these deep seated feelings about teams so that I have rooted for against them. Now it is just interesting to know that some teams that I hated for 47 years-i should root for to help us.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Haven't posted in a while so to close this thread I will give a few thoughts. First is overall very happy with direction of this team. The losses of Pirri & D'amigo are well documented but can't be overlooked on what a major hurdle this coaching staff has had to overcome. As far as coaching I think Appert has grown and become known as a coach who can grab some major recruits. On recruiting his grade would be an A. As far as a bench coach I would lean more towards a B-. Experience will raise this. Only major disappointment is the teams lack of shooting the puck. You look at the 3 OT losses at home and the OT win at Colgate and I believe RPI was outshot 17-0 in the overtimes except for the penalty shot victory. The puck needs to be sent to the net in hopes for any type of deflection or rebound in a short 5 minute overtime. A point or two in the 3 overtime home losses would be extremely valuable going into this weekend.

The games this weekend are probably as important of a home weekend as RPI as had in the last 7 or 8 years. A lot is on the line from an ECAC bye, to the Pairwise. Hope the crowd senses this and there is a decent showing on Friday night. Bergin returning should be a big help. That and an effort similar to the Cornell games should lead them to four points.

Lastly I know Polacek has had a very good year but is there anyone else out there besides myself that belives Bailen & York are main reasons RPI is in this position. I think York ihas been outstanding this season and Bailen has been the best of the 18 skaters on the ice this season.
                      Last edited by johnk; 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

We have indeed recently been having trouble in overtime, but we ahve had some good results also. The major penalty called against Cornell late in the third that continued into overtime, which we couldn't score on, hurt a lot.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                        X