Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
    Great win last nite, lets hope for a couple of wins next weekend, I'm beginning to think this Big Jim guy is an idiot, but I like others just get frustrated...it has been a while since we have gone anywhere, but I seem to only post on this board when the team is struggling but not when they are rolling along and that is wrong on my part. Lets take care of P & Q this weekend and hope it all falls into place.
    Thats the spirit !!!!!
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
      We don't need much help at all, do we? Wouldn't a Yale (or Brown) win (at home) over Cornell do the trick? Or a Clarkson OR St. Lawrence tie (on the road) with Dartmouth? Doesn't seem all that cumbersome to me (though, to be sure, we do not control our own destiny).
      Im sure we dont need much help at all but Im so unsure that I will leave it up to our resident what we know guys at WaP and on here.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
        We don't need much help at all, do we? Wouldn't a Yale (or Brown) win (at home) over Cornell do the trick? Or a Clarkson OR St. Lawrence tie (on the road) with Dartmouth? Doesn't seem all that cumbersome to me (though, to be sure, we do not control our own destiny).
        If we were to get into a 3-way logjam with Dartmouth and Cornell, Cornell has 7 points, we have 4, Dartmouth has 1. A four-way tie would be dependent upon how we do against Princeton next week.

Comment

Sounded like they were ready last night. Good job Seth.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
            Sounded like they were ready last night. Good job Seth.
            Most certainly...sounded like they brought it last night...now they've gotta bring it next weekend...and stay consistent...Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
              I think that you should try making some original posts rather than simply dumping on the posts of others.
              You first.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Pleasantly surprised to see Big Jim and Beman sounding off with positive things to say after a victory. Would love to see more from them in a similar vein in the future, thank you gentlemen.

Would be remiss if I didn't further praise rvd5star69 for a coherent post! Keep up the good work big guy!
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Yale wins a crazy Sunday game at Princeton, keeping the Engineers in 5th place.

RPI can lock up 5th with a win on Friday over the Tigers. To move into a bye position, we'll need just a little help - one more point next weekend than Dartmouth (playing at home vs. SLU & Clarkson) or two more than Cornell (at Brown & Yale).

Assuming a weekend sweep for us, we can place 3rd with a Dartmouth tie and a Cornell loss.
                  Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Would be remiss if I didn't further praise rvd5star69 for a coherent post! Keep up the good work big guy!
                    I figured that you sent him some spam asking for his password, and he fell for it.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another important point I would like to make, is building a winning culture. I think it is huge for the underclassman. Last year and this year have been a good thing for the team. Hopefully this coming weekend we learn a killer instinct; and put qp and prince away. Thank you Yale for the 5-4 win today.
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I know anything can happen in the playoffs. However I would like to pull of 3rd place. That would mean we swept Princeton. Then see Cornell and Dartmouth finish 4 -5 and if the met 2nd round beat the crap out of each other .

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        Yale wins a crazy Sunday game at Princeton, keeping the Engineers in 5th place.

RPI can lock up 5th with a win on Friday over the Tigers. To move into a bye position, we'll need just a little help - one more point next weekend than Dartmouth (playing at home vs. SLU & Clarkson) or two more than Cornell (at Brown & Yale).

Assuming a weekend sweep for us, we can place 3rd with a Dartmouth tie and a Cornell loss.
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          Im sure we dont need much help at all but Im so unsure that I will leave it up to our resident what we know guys at WaP and on here.
                          Please stop the negativity FC. I get on this board to talk about hockey. Maybe if you didn't get so drunk in Saratoga and at Roller Derbys you would stop this kind of abusive posting towards WaP. In the future please reserve your comments to strictly your insightful comments on hockey.
                          Last edited by AspyDad; 02-20-2011, 03:49 PM.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Please stop the negativity FC. I get on this board to talk about hockey. Maybe if you didn't get so drunk in Saratoga and at Roller Derbys you would stop this kind of abusive posting towards WaP. In the future please reserve your comments to strictly your insightful comments on hockey.
                            Helping the fellas over there get some visits. (As if they really need the help )
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

We really could use the bye for the obvious reasons but also to heal up. If you watch CJ he is holding his stick in a labored fashion, Bergin, Kennedy has been playing hurt most of the season, etc.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                We really could use the bye for the obvious reasons but also to heal up. If you watch CJ he is holding his stick in a labored fashion, Bergin, Kennedy has been playing hurt most of the season, etc.
                                Obviously-but even more importantly it is one less weekend where we could just have a bad time and get upset. And most of all it ensures you of a better draw when you finally do play. Finsihing first in the league will give either Union or Yale an incredible advantage towards advancing to the finals.(since the match ups are reseeded at each level) It is a very difficult task to go all the way starting in the lower positions (we did it from 6th in 1995 but it just does not happen often). Most importantly-we need to start playing well consistently and hopefully that will happen as we get back to 100% health.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X