Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Where's McGuane??
    sharpening skates?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Where's McGuane??
      Taking the picture?

Comment

Just wondering why they weren't ready. Its gut check time for Seth and his seniors. That's all!

You are so sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          On the other hand-graduating from RPI with a 4 year degree is worth quite a bit on the market. There is no guarantee he gets up to the NHL for any extended time. I know what the RPI degree did for my financial life and that would be hard to replace unless I had a substantial pro career. I know JD'A has a lot of potential-but if he does not make a substantial move up in the pro organization in the next year or 2-the chances of that big payday become considerable less. Just pointing out the pretty obvious other side of the coin.
          I think the link I posted is in this thread, Jerry and his Dad are none too pleased. They even quote his Dad on the topic "Jerry didn't leave a top-notch engineering school to go to Kitchener." I thought Jerry was better served at RPI unless he could play in the NHL. He would have been much more productive in the AHL if he stayed even for jsut one more year.
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

SS I can't believe I am saying this but I 100 % agree with this post. Next thing you know fishcore and I will be having a beer at the Penalty Box together talking about how ECAC refs s**k. In all seriousness, great post
            If I'm Troy during the season, or not, let's do it.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

SS I can't believe I am saying this but I 100 % agree with this post. Next thing you know fishcore and I will be having a beer at the Penalty Box together talking about how ECAC refs s**k. In all seriousness, great post
              I must have missed something these past few days or it could be Im still recovering from my night in saratoga last night....go team, win????
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Patrick Koudys selected 97th in a mock draft on Hockey's Future http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=30694871
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  I think the link I posted is in this thread, Jerry and his Dad are none too pleased. They even quote his Dad on the topic "Jerry didn't leave a top-notch engineering school to go to Kitchener." I thought Jerry was better served at RPI unless he could play in the NHL. He would have been much more productive in the AHL if he stayed even for jsut one more year.
                  He's an obviously talented young player. I just don't think there are many boys who can make the jump from their freshman NCAA year to the pros easily-yes there have been exceptions like Kariya and Leetch. But it is a huge step and I would suspect that an extra year or two in the college ranks goes a long way in helping these boys to mature. Also given the difficulty in making it to the big time-getting at least close to a 4 year degree should be important. Having to come back and finish 30 credits is fairly easy-having to come back and finish 3 full years once you get a little older and pick up lots of responsibilites (mortgages, cars, wife and kids) is just pretty difficult.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Patrick Koudys selected 97th in a mock draft on Hockey's Future http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=30694871
                    About right-4th round I would surmise. Would not be surprised to see Neal get some notice also.

Comment

Much more fun reading Ed Weaver's articles when RPI wins http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory. Probably more fun to write the articles too.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-20-2011, 04:28 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Much more fun reading Ed Weaver's articles when RPI wins http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory. Probably more fun to write the articles too.
                        " Marty O'Grady, Greg Burgdoerfer and Alex Angers-Goulet also scored goals for the 19-8-1 Engineers." i thought we played a few more games than that?

Comment

Nice to get into the car after watching some roller derby and the first thing I hear is RPI up on Clarkson 4-1 now....Log jam for the final first round bye, just a non-educated guess here but we need quite a bit of help next weekend other than just winning out. This is why I love the ECAC final regular season weekend.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                            Nice to get into the car after watching some roller derby and the first thing I hear is RPI up on Clarkson 4-1 now....Log jam for the final first round bye, just a non-educated guess here but we need quite a bit of help next weekend other than just winning out. This is why I love the ECAC final regular season weekend.
                            We don't need much help at all, do we? Wouldn't a Yale (or Brown) win (at home) over Cornell do the trick? Or a Clarkson OR St. Lawrence tie (on the road) with Dartmouth? Doesn't seem all that cumbersome to me (though, to be sure, we do not control our own destiny).

Comment

Originally posted by RedWrister View Post
                              I think that you should try making some original posts rather than simply dumping on the posts of others.
                              I hope your kidding !!!!!!!
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                                I can't offer you much hope, others will say you are not a fan to the end or you wouldn't have posted this, I posted about a month and a half ago that we were basically a middle of the pack team and I still believe that, I think we got some fortunate wins that placed us higher than we should have been, now when it comes down to crunch time we are quickly fading. We will be very lucky if we can somehow sneak our way into Atlantic City.
                                Great win last nite, lets hope for a couple of wins next weekend, I'm beginning to think this Big Jim guy is an idiot, but I like others just get frustrated...it has been a while since we have gone anywhere, but I seem to only post on this board when the team is struggling but not when they are rolling along and that is wrong on my part. Lets take care of P & Q this weekend and hope it all falls into place.

Comment

Working...
                                X