Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    A glass half full view:

We are 4-2-1 against the top 3 teams in the league.
    We have home ice in 1st round no matter what and chance at a bye still to get healthy.
    York is back lets give him that game as get the rust off. Arron Rodgers had a concussion this year in football look how he turned out.
    We still went 8-1-3 out of conference this year and no one can take that way from us.
    No on can beat us at home in regulation.
    We are still somehow 13th in the pairwise.
    Lets go red ... get revenge on tec tonight and come home for a big senior weeekend.
    Well said!
    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
      Well said!
      Surprisingly so-and pretty much everything was spelled correctly!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        I'm a fan to the end, but the last two weeks have made it very difficult to maintain any objectivity. This loss is extremely tough to swallow. We all knew that this team was likely playing over its head, but you can't lose to Colgate and St Lawrence on successive weekends late in the season. The seniors and the team's best players have not performed the last three games and now the team is on the verge of blowing what was becoming a very positive season. The injuries and the lack of skilled players has caught up with this team. With what they lose this year to graduation, I don't see much hope for improvement next season. Does anyone out there have any hope to offer? Is this program destined to wallow in the middle of the ECAC pack for ever? I want to continue to believe, but this is now 15 years without a sniff at an ECAC title. Can they pull it together and win the last three?
        I can't offer you much hope, others will say you are not a fan to the end or you wouldn't have posted this, I posted about a month and a half ago that we were basically a middle of the pack team and I still believe that, I think we got some fortunate wins that placed us higher than we should have been, now when it comes down to crunch time we are quickly fading. It is not Bergin or Kennedy (when he was out) or any other single player that is the missing link to sucess with the exception of York, we just don't have enough finishers, we get too many almost, should have, could have chances that we just don't bury and in the end it costs us. We will be very lucky if we can somehow sneak our way into Atlantic City.
        I also am concerned about next year, and here we go again already talking about next year...it seems to always be next year, next year has some very talented frosh but we also lose some great talent, so it takes a year for the frosh to blossom but the following year we lose York...and so on and so forth...next year never comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
          I can't offer you much hope, others will say you are not a fan to the end or you wouldn't have posted this, I posted about a month and a half ago that we were basically a middle of the pack team and I still believe that, I think we got some fortunate wins that placed us higher than we should have been, now when it comes down to crunch time we are quickly fading. It is not Bergin or Kennedy (when he was out) or any other single player that is the missing link to sucess with the exception of York, we just don't have enough finishers, we get too many almost, should have, could have chances that we just don't bury and in the end it costs us. We will be very lucky if we can somehow sneak our way into Atlantic City.
          I also am concerned about next year, and here we go again already talking about next year...it seems to always be next year, next year has some very talented frosh but we also lose some great talent, so it takes a year for the frosh to blossom but the following year we lose York...and so on and so forth...next year never comes.
          Jerry D'Amigo must be regretting his decision to leave each day he's been in Kitchener, no matter how good his numbers have been there. From the A to the O. I think he would have preferred playing in the NCAA than the OHL.
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

You bedwetters never fail to disappoint me. I firmly expected your lot to be overrunning the thread and boy was I right.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              And had punctuation and capital letters!
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                You bedwetters never fail to disappoint me. I firmly expected your lot to be overrunning the thread and boy was I right.
                What does it say about this thread, when rvd has the most coherent post on this page?
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Not to mention, capital letters and periods in the appropriate positions... who is that guy, and what did he do to rvd5star69?

Comment

I agree w/ TimU, a loss @ SLU is not the worst thing in the world, they are underrated. I feel good about tonight's opportunity. I believe in Seth! LETS GO RED!
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

RPI doesn't need to win the last three games. They just have to play better.

Seth needs to get them prepared for the playoffs. Good coaches have their teams playing better late in the season not worse.

“We just weren't ready to play,” Foss said They wanted it more," Chase Polacek said of the Saints
                      I have trouble understanding why they weren't ready or why the Saints wanted it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                        RPI doesn't need to win the last three games. They just have to play better.

Seth needs to get them prepared for the playoffs. Good coaches have their teams playing better late in the season not worse.

“We just weren't ready to play,” Foss said They wanted it more," Chase Polacek said of the Saints
                        I have trouble understanding why they weren't ready or why the Saints wanted it more.
                        We simply just seem like a different team on fridays. I hope if we make the NCAA tournament we play saturday and sunday. I still think this is a very good team-but the lack of depth has made us vulnerable to the last group of injuries. Also, the senior defensemen have got to play better than what we have seen the past 3 games. This is a team that played even with Yale and Union and beat BU and Dartmouth (twice)-that is not a fluke. Having met coach SA, he seems like the kind of guy who will leave nothing to chance and no stone unturned in finding the solution to our recent set backs. Have faith guys-we will still be fighting for a bye and an NCAA bid.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Not to mention, capital letters and periods in the appropriate positions... who is that guy, and what did he do to rvd5star69?
                          Perhaps he purchased a copy of Rosetta Stone English?

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                            I have trouble understanding why you never show your face around here unless there's an opportunity to be down on the team. Some fan you are. Can't wait for the team to start winning again, mostly so you'll crawl back under your rock.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I have trouble understanding why you never show your face around here unless there's an opportunity to be down on the team. Some fan you are. Can't wait for the team to start winning again, mostly so you'll crawl back under your rock.
                              That is a great point red cloud. We waited so many years for some winning seasons let's enjoy this year.
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                                Well said!
                                Good points. Agreed. Go get Clarkson boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X