Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

On a side note, I gotta say... GREAT choice for pump-up song, WaP!

Comment

Would love to see a North Country sweep for the boys! Glad to see Scotty Halps back and Mr. York! Let's go RED!

Comment

• Originally posted by KiKSaVeNABuTE View Post
        Would love to see a North Country sweep for the boys! Glad to see Scotty Halps back and Mr. York! Let's go RED!
        Yes sir
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Well, on the plus side, both Dartmouth and Cornell also lost tonight. Unfortunately, Princeton kicked Brown's tail and squeaked past us, putting RPI now in 6th.

Dartmouth & Cornell face each other tomorrow night - go Dartmouth (less likely to catch them at this point...)?
          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Can you please start talking about hockey and not the weather. Fishcore and I come on the board to talk about hockey.
            right.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
              Well, on the plus side, both Dartmouth and Cornell also lost tonight. Unfortunately, Princeton kicked Brown's tail and squeaked past us, putting RPI now in 6th.

Dartmouth & Cornell face each other tomorrow night - go Dartmouth (less likely to catch them at this point...)?
              where is everyone? Are you all curled up with a bottle of bad scotch somewhere? The silence on this site is deafening. I feel your pain. Union, cornell and clarkson fans are laughing.
              I'm a fan to the end, but the last two weeks have made it very difficult to maintain any objectivity. This loss is extremely tough to swallow. We all knew that this team was likely playing over its head, but you can't lose to Colgate and St Lawrence on successive weekends late in the season. Coach Appert said that scoring would be tough to come by, and that has become evident at the most inopportune time possible. He also said that you win with seniors. Well they have been nowhere to be found the last two weekends. The seniors and the team's best players have not performed the last three games and now the team is on the verge of blowing what was becoming a very positive season. York was apparantly not ready to come back. The defense continues to give up too many shots and the scorers are not scoring. This team continues to stink on Friday nights and noboday seems to know why. Losing Pirri and D'Amigo was just too much to overcome. I think a lot of things went right early in the year. The injuries and the lack of skilled players has caught up with this team. With what they lose this year to graduation, I don't see much hope for improvement next season. Does anyone out there have any hope to offer? Is this program destined to wallow in the middle of the ECAC pack for ever? I want to continue to believe, but this is now 15 years without a sniff at an ECAC title. Can they pull it together and win the last three?
              Last edited by Jasma; 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                Does anyone out there have any hope to offer?
                Yeah, Take of your pink panties and quit whining.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Tough loss to take. Hope it didn't hurt York's psyche to get pulled. Looking forward to a nice rebound tomorrow in Potsdam.
                  RPI Class of 2012
                  Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

The last 3 games just shows how our depth is questionable. The first line talent is there. Defensively we sorely miss Mike Bergin. York may be physically better but he was not himself last night. Perhaps a concussion for a goalie is more of a problem to come back from than for other position players-you have to be sharp and fast and maybe it just takes a bit longer. All year long we have not been deep offensively at forward and teams have been able to shut down the top line lately exposing this. We need to get back to winning 2-1 and 3-2 games and cannot posible allow 5 goals and expect to compete. The really good teams find a way to win against the teams they should beat-even on an off night. We just have not done that the past couple of weekends. here's hoping we can right the ship tonight. Go Red!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I have same thoughts. Win tonight with Cornell and Princeton losses would help.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        The last 3 games just shows how our depth is questionable. The first line talent is there. Defensively we sorely miss Mike Bergin. York may be physically better but he was not himself last night. Perhaps a concussion for a goalie is more of a problem to come back from than for other position players-you have to be sharp and fast and maybe it just takes a bit longer. All year long we have not been deep offensively at forward and teams have been able to shut down the top line lately exposing this. We need to get back to winning 2-1 and 3-2 games and cannot posible allow 5 goals and expect to compete. The really good teams find a way to win against the teams they should beat-even on an off night. We just have not done that the past couple of weekends. here's hoping we can right the ship tonight. Go Red!
                        Feeling more positive after a little sleep. Glad to see the positive thoughts from the group. It is frustrating to see them go into a slide, but there is stil time to recover, win the last three and get a bye. The bye is critical. This team needs some time to heal and rest if it is going to AC. Bergin does appear to be the key. They have given up an average of 40 shots a game since he went down. Let's Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                          Feeling more positive after a little sleep. Glad to see the positive thoughts from the group. It is frustrating to see them go into a slide, but there is stil time to recover, win the last three and get a bye. The bye is critical. This team needs some time to heal and rest if it is going to AC. Bergin does appear to be the key. They have given up an average of 40 shots a game since he went down. Let's Go Red!
                          Bergin does appear to be key for us. I am not too upset by the amount of shots on goal, as we have not given up too much in those games. What we really need, is some offense. Last weekend was terrible, and last night, the power play really let us down. It seems that we just can't put the puck in the net.
                          I also agree that the bye would be a big lift in getting the players some rest and time to heal some of the minor bumps and bruises that come with a hockey season.

LETS TO RED!!!!
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

I will probably take heat for this but in my opinion I don't think RPI will do better if they get a bye. Yes- they get to rest more and heal injured players, yes- there will be a chance for them to get injured again, yes-they have to play 2/3 more games....I get it, but I really think having a break will do this team more harm than good. I don't think we do well with long breaks, and maybe that is why our record for Friday isn't as good as it should be. They play with much more urgency on Saturdays, and therefore look much better. I think this team needs to stay sharp. Given that they already have a poor record against the bottom ECAC teams shows to me that they take these teams to lightly, and are looking ahead. Hopefully our last 3 losses will sink in and they will retaliate but playing good hockey. I agree with most posters that the defense needs to shape up, especially Kennedy and Foss (who are team leaders and in imo have not looked good the last few weeks) I am amazed on how many shots we give up (I know they are not always quality shots) but nevertheless, players have way to much room to shoot and move. I also think we take to much time passing the puck around. Shoot the puck, and get the rebound. Works well for other teams! I think they will turn in a good performence tonight, to a good Clarkson team that gave Union a scare last night.

Comment

That same game from RPI would have beaten SLU last Saturday (by a lot), and maybe this past Tuesday. You guys didn't have your best night, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't your worst, either. SLU has some really good young players. Every so often the stars align and they pull it all together for a whole game. I thought SLU played well down in Troy, but RPI just played better. Last night it was role reversal to an extent. I do agree that York didn't always look like York, and I think you'll have to be better on special teams in the playoffs.

Comment

A glass half full view:

We are 4-2-1 against the top 3 teams in the league.
                                We have home ice in 1st round no matter what and chance at a bye still to get healthy.
                                York is back lets give him that game as get the rust off. Arron Rodgers had a concussion this year in football look how he turned out.
                                We still went 8-1-3 out of conference this year and no one can take that way from us.
                                No on can beat us at home in regulation.
                                We are still somehow 13th in the pairwise.
                                Lets go red ... get revenge on tec tonight and come home for a big senior weeekend.
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X