Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Appert re: Colgate game from the Record

“I thought Colgate earned a win,” Appert said after emerging from a somber RPI locker room. “I don’t have any issues with how we played, except for the second (period), when they were good and we got a couple of penalties that put us down.”

So you can stop belittling the effort put forth now.

From Jason Klump's article - "The kicker was that, as he (Paul Stewart) turned back from heading down the stairs, he shouted that I was "being like Appert" and "using the refs as a crutch for why they lost."

That's not a bias SS??? Do you think that is a breach of professional conduct?

As for the PP, I don't blame the refs (although I would like too) I would move Tyler off the point, I don't like forwards on the point on PP. IMO he is more of a grinder not a tape to tape guy.

Are you there SS? I can't hear you. Calling SS. Guess not.
    thanks for the responses. I see you can't put away the childish shtick altogether, but the progress is good.

Re; Colgate effort, I don't agree 100% w/ appert's assertion, but will take it that he's typically a straight shooter.
    re: Stewart's comments - 'being like Appert' is very unprofessional, but I can't make a connection of bias. He should be reprimanded for such commentary in public.
    re: powerplay - this is where they miss D'amigo, Pirri, the players left aren't creative playmakers, more executors. I was hoping they would progress over the year, but they seem stuck. I think forwards on PP is a gimmick, unless you have John Carter there. I would put Bailen out for the full 2 minutes every PP.

Thanks for the hockey talk.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      thanks for the responses. I see you can't put away the childish shtick altogether, but the progress is good.

Re; Colgate effort, I don't agree 100% w/ appert's assertion, but will take it that he's typically a straight shooter.
      re: Stewart's comments - 'being like Appert' is very unprofessional, but I can't make a connection of bias. He should be reprimanded for such commentary in public.
      re: powerplay - this is where they miss D'amigo, Pirri, the players left aren't creative playmakers, more executors. I was hoping they would progress over the year, but they seem stuck. I think forwards on PP is a gimmick, unless you have John Carter there. I would put Bailen out for the full 2 minutes every PP.

Thanks for the hockey talk.
      I don't like the whole extra forwards on the PP either, especially if all you're going to do is snipe. You might as well just roll out another line and do what you're used to on offense; make it easier. In the 2009-10 season against BU, we tried 5 forwards on the PP, and it resulted in 2 shorties with no PPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
        Happy Tuesday. Time for another exciting episode of Engineer Bracketology at WaP. This week, we try to illustrate exactly why losing to a 4-22-2 team is better than losing to an 11-10-3 team. Doesn't make sense, does it? Well, it does when it comes to Bracketology.
        I got the picture now-thanks. We sure do not make things easy on ourselves.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Agree-but I put a healthy Bergin out with him.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I would put Bailen out for the full 2 minutes every PP.
            Bailen is always out for the entire PP.
            Last edited by AspyDad; 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

This was from last December but I don't recall it being posted. From a blog about the Bruins draft possibilities, a post about Pat Koudys http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...ould-know.html.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-15-2011, 02:34 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Boy Hagwell really took Stewart to the woodshed. Gave him the old talking to. What a joke. The silence from the league office is deafening. Chirp...Chirp...Chirp...
                Last edited by AspyDad; 02-15-2011, 02:42 PM.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Boy Hagwell really took Stewart to the woodshed. Gave him the old talking to. What a joke. The silence from the league office is deafening. Chirp...Chirp...Chirp...
                  Just going to drop this here and walk away.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...y-ecac-hockey/

Stewart fined. How much? Good for hagwell.

Comment

What exactly did the boss say to you the last time you had a discussion in his/her office? Don't want to put it in the public domain? Good, neither would I, and neither do they.

The exact nature of how the ECAC deals with this sort of situation really is an internal issue, and I'm shocked that Mr. Hagwell even made a post-discussion comment. Given the lash-out was brought to the public domain by two reporters each of an independent source, I think it was necessary to note that the matter would be internally handled involving all ECAC employees involved.

Comment

ecachockey.com confirms the fine.
                        RIT Tigers
                        2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                        2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

He should have to give the fine money to Klump

Comment

Hurting Stewart`s wallet will make him hate Appert/ RPI Less? OK

Comment

Tiger's been poked, cage has been rattled. Look out squeaky wheel, here comes the grease!
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Quick. Name the only team in all of NCAA D1 that has not given up a shorthanded goal all season.

And significant portions of that was done while using a 4-1 PP. I'm not too concerned about our power play. Especially since we're clicking at 19%. That's quite the difference from 8.7, just two short years ago.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X