Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    You realiaze that we can make a lot of this all just fade away by winning both games on the North Country trip coming up. We have done it 4 times in about 50+ years so perhaps we are due? Sorry for inserting hockey discussion here.
    Doc, I'm with you 100%. It'd be great if we can talk about the team and the games...
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

You realiaze that we can make a lot of this all just fade away by winning both games on the North Country trip coming up. We have done it 4 times in about 50+ years so perhaps we are due? Sorry for inserting hockey discussion here.
      Doc I would love nothing more than to go up north and take 4 points. It would go a long way to helping this team in the next few weeks.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by home866 View Post
        I was so invigorated by the fact that all ECAC officials must try to screw RPI out of points I ran some numbers about RPI's record over the past three years and here are the results. Note that Point % = % of points earned divided by number of games*2. This is so that ties factor in the equation.

Referee - W - L - T - Total Games - Win% - Point %
        Baker - 3 - 7 - 0 - 10 - 30% - 30%
        Barnard - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 0% - 50%
        Carusone - 4 - 4 - 3 - 11 - 36% - 50%
        Dell - 6 - 3 - 1 - 10 - 60% - 65%
        Dumas - 2 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 50% - 50%
        Durfee - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 – 100% - 100%
        Ernst - 4 - 1 - 1 - 6 - 66% - 75%
        Feola - 5 - 8 - 1 - 14 - 35% - 39%
        Gates - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% – 100%
        Gilbert - 0 - 1 - 0 - 1 – 0% - 0%
        Graber - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 33% - 50%
        Hicks - 5 - 4 - 2 - 11 - 45% - 54%
        Kotyra - 6 - 7 - 1 - 14 - 42% - 46%
        Leonard - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 33% - 50%
        Litterio - 3 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 42% - 50%
        McDonald - 6 - 6 - 1 - 13 - 46% - 50%
        Millea - 0 - 3 - 0 - 3 – 0% - 0%
        D. Murphy - 1 - 2 - 0 - 3 - 33% - 33%
        J. Murphy - 6 - 7 - 1 - 14 - 42% - 46%
        O'Brien - 6 - 5 - 2 - 13 - 46% - 53%
        Riegert - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% - 100%
        Ritchie - 4 - 5 - 0 - 9 - 44% - 44%
        Roy - 1 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 50% - 50%
        Shufelt - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% - 100%
        St. Lawrence - 4 - 5 - 0 - 9 - 44% - 44%
        Torgerson - 0 - 2 - 0 - 2 – 0% - 0%
        Wahl - 6 - 3 - 0 - 9 - 66% - 66%
        Whittemore - 3 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 42% - 50%
        Zelasko - 2 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 50% - 50%

Source: collegehockeystats.net schedule/results and the officials listed in each game.
        Thanks for taking time to prove our point. Feola 39%, Baker 30%, Kotrya 46%. Nice work.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Doc I would love nothing more than to go up north and take 4 points. It would go a long way to helping this team in the next few weeks.
          Somehow, though, I think we are going to see some home town reffing-it seems to occur so often up there. I remember some years sitting in the rinks in Canton and Potsdam and wishing we got home town calls like that. (sorry for inserting complaints about the refs here)
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Thanks for taking time to prove our point. Feola 39%, Baker 30%, Kotrya 46%. Nice work.
            Kotyra has come up nicely but only because we have done well with him on the ice a few times this year. He was on my worst list for several years. Although the Cornell game showed me that the more things change, the more they remain the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
              Who's Mr Sensy Pants. You want to compare checks big man.
              When will you learn that everything I post here is not serious at all, I come on here to talk hockey and not get into who has the bigger pole contest with people.....I dont care how much you make or dont make. You probably have a wonderful house in a nice quiet town and I am happy for you that you have achieved whatever it is in your life you have wanted to achieve. Thats all I want to see in life for people is to achieve that.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Somehow, though, I think we are going to see some home town reffing-it seems to occur so often up there. I remember some years sitting in the rinks in Canton and Potsdam and wishing we got home town calls like that. (sorry for inserting complaints about the refs here)
                Doc I played a few games up that way in other sports (nothing serious, just high school stuff) and can recall refs knowing players by name and thinking oh boy this should be fun. Luckilly my team was able to score more points than the hometown team to not let the officials enter the equation. But yeah, just gotta go up play our game and play smart and hopefully get out with some points.

Comment

When will you learn that everything I post here is not serious at all, I come on here to talk hockey and not get into who has the bigger pole contest with people.....I dont care how much you make or dont make. You probably have a wonderful house in a nice quiet town and I am happy for you that you have achieved whatever it is in your life you have wanted to achieve. Thats all I want to see in life for people is to achieve that.
                  Peace. No sense you and I getting into it. If I miss understood you I am sorry.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Checking in w/ actual data....

Last 3 full seasons, not counting this one, RPI's winning % --> 34%
                    Counting this year, RPI's winning % --> 39%

Interesting.
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Sorry if I missed this somewhere on the past few pages, but any word on York and his status for this weekend up in the north country. Also do we see Bergin come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        Wait, we're not talking about missed calls, we're talking about the grand conspiracy against RPI, aren't we? While you ponder that, I'll wait for your insight on how the refereeing affects RPI's PP performance, and why such a lackluster effort was put forth against Colgate.

I'd also like you to point me to the quote(s) where a bias was articulated.

Look forward to your detailed analyses.
                        Appert re: Colgate game from the Record

“I thought Colgate earned a win,” Appert said after emerging from a somber RPI locker room. “I don’t have any issues with how we played, except for the second (period), when they were good and we got a couple of penalties that put us down.”

So you can stop belittling the effort put forth now.

From Jason Klump's article - "The kicker was that, as he (Paul Stewart) turned back from heading down the stairs, he shouted that I was "being like Appert" and "using the refs as a crutch for why they lost."

That's not a bias SS??? Do you think that is a breach of professional conduct?

As for the PP, I don't blame the refs (although I would like too) I would move Tyler off the point, I don't like forwards on the point on PP. IMO he is more of a grinder not a tape to tape guy.

Are you there SS? I can't hear you. Calling SS. Guess not.
                        Last edited by AspyDad; 02-14-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Sorry if I missed this somewhere on the past few pages, but any word on York and his status for this weekend up in the north country. Also do we see Bergin come back.
                          I would imagine Bergin is real close. Unless he was really sliced deeply-virtually anything less would be healed over the past couple weeks. Hopefully he has already been skating. York-concussions are just near impossible to predict. You can improve and be fine for a bit, only to suffer a relapse after just standing up quickly. Sort of like the flashbacks I sometimes feel from the Quaalude days of the 70's

Comment

Actually this proves nothing. Prior to this year RPI wasn't that great of a team. Including this year, they're 26-31-5 in league play over the past 3 years for a .460 winning percentage. When you compare the ref winning percentages above with this mark, it makes Baker the only real outlier, and I'm reluctant to even say that because of the small sample size of the games that he has called in only 3 years.

And then there's the fact that refs don't directly influence the outcomes of games (in almost all cases).

I think there's probably an officiating bias against RPI based on recent results and the alleged comments of Mr. Stewart, but this isn't the way to prove it.
                            RPI '08

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                              Then say there should be a vigorous press. That's fine. That point is more persuasive than trying to make a case by citing factually inaccurate information about the Constitution.
                              Your all missing thr point here it isn't what Adam the coward CAN do its what he SHOULD do....got it now !!!!
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If I may enter faith into the conversation...AMEN my brother AMEN
                                I do believe your violating the seperation of hockey board and religion !
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X