Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    I think the league should strongly consider giving teams 1 point for OT Loss.
    No. Absolutely not. The fact that different games count for a different number of points is the #1 thing that upsets me about the NHL. I might be fine with a 3-point system where there is a 2-1 point breakdown for games that go to OT, but then you'd be awarding half-points for ties or venturing into shootouts, which is the #2 thing that I upsets me in the NHL. So, in short, no.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Ken Schott reports that Steve Hagwell will be sitting down with Paul Stewart this afternoon to discuss the weekend's events:

http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...cident-at-mes/
      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
        Ken Schott reports that Steve Hagwell will be sitting down with Paul Stewart this afternoon to discuss the weekend's events:

http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...cident-at-mes/
        Thanks GR. That's not good enough. process needs to be transparent so that the intergrity of the games are not in question. You cannot have head of officials make biased remarks about a coach and get a slap on the wrist.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

What did Ken Schott hear? Hagwell needs to bring him in and confirm what Stewart said about SA and if he confirms Paul should be shown the door. How come Seth Appert didn't get the luxury of getting a sit down before his suspension. More of the same from the ECAC. Ken should come out and confirm what was said about Seth in his blog. Time to man up Ken!!!!
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            With all due respect DrD the location of the RPI players does not matter if the play was offside.
            But giving the other team a 3 on 1 in OT is just inexcusable-defense just cannot take that chance in that instance. Bryce was left hung out to dry. I am not totally sure it was offside, I believe it was-but i am sure that only 1 RPI man was back defending at all.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              It was another JFK mistake, actually. He pinched on the blue line to keep the puck in. He was on the North-side boards, so I didn't get a good look at the play, but to me, it looked like a situation where if he kept the puck in, then it was a great pinch, but if he missed it, then it was a terrible decision. Unfortunately, it was the latter.
              Didn't see this until after I posted-JFK just had a bad weekend altogether. I wonder if he was 100% physically for the 2 games since it is not like him to be involved in so many goals against.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                No. Absolutely not. The fact that different games count for a different number of points is the #1 thing that upsets me about the NHL. I might be fine with a 3-point system where there is a 2-1 point breakdown for games that go to OT, but then you'd be awarding half-points for ties or venturing into shootouts, which is the #2 thing that I upsets me in the NHL. So, in short, no.
                You're absolutely correct. If you win, you win. If you lose, you lose. If they do happen to go to a shootout format, no special considerations for making it there. One point if you win, zero points if you don't.

Comment

Thanks GR. That's not good enough. process needs to be transparent so that the intergrity of the games are not in question. You cannot have head of officials make biased remarks about a coach and get a slap on the wrist.
                  What do you expect for them to do? Have the talk be center ice at the TUC for 15,000 to see?! I think this is a step in the right direction that there will actually be a discussion about this (assuming that there isn't already regular correspondence). Granted we don't know if Hagwell will sack Stewart, buy him a beer at Albany Pump, or something else. Like any other workplace, there's a process that needs to be followed. Will there be a follow-up statement? Probably only if termination of employment is involved, and even then that may not happen.

Comment

I'm gonna put my turnout gear on for this post

Do you guys think that maybe the mob mentality at some of these games may be getting to the officials?

The chanting of an officials name for any seemingly bad call followed by "sucks", might be getting a little old and your team may be paying the price.

I am sure Appert's outspoken views have alot to do with it as well. I just don't think that publicly picking a fight with the league and the officials will help your team at this point in the season, it will most likely hurt.

I agree that Mr. Stewart's actions were unprofessional and he should be taken to task for his outburst. Unfortunately, I believe the ECAC will circle the wagons and RPI will be the ones on the outside shooting in.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

After attending the weekend's games again last place Colgate and the Cornell varsity diving team, I'd like to add my opinion to those already posted. First of all, both of these games are added to the list of "ones that got away." It was inexcusable to lose Friday night. Colgate played harder but even in doing so were less than impressive. RPI looked hungover. Period. Saturday was a different story. RPI played much better but let many opportunities to score and even put the game away, go by the wayside. That said, the officiating was horrendous Saturday, and once again the obvious bias against RPI (particularly Seth Appert) is a topic of discussion. I was first made aware of this bias a few years ago in a conversation with someone who cited a person in the NHL ranks as knowing about what was going on.

Perhaps now that there is so much more evidence, and witnessed by so many, something will finally be done about it. Perhaps. I'm not holding my breath. The officiating is horrendous even without any bias. Paul Stewart is unstable with an ego beyond belief. What about his experience as a referee is that impressive? It's not like he's been out there saving lives...more likely he has put lives in danger.

The league needs to recognize something - that RPI is one of its bread and butter teams with one of the largest and most loyal fan bases, surpassed possibly only by Cornell. I would argue that in bad times RPI would surpass Cornell because they didn't draw nearly as well before diving coach Schafer took the helm. But both teams' fans, along with Clarkson (not so much lately) travel well. Back in the day when Hockey East was forming and RPI had the chance to jump ship, I was opposed to the idea. If asked now, I would say go for it. Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed. But should RPI leave the ECAC at some point, it would be very bad for the ECAC.

The ECAC is as strong top to bottom as ever, and the league should do everything possible to continue that trend. A good first step would be to get rid of nutcase Paul Stewart!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        I'm gonna put my turnout gear on for this post

Do you guys think that maybe the mob mentality at some of these games may be getting to the officials?

The chanting of an officials name for any seemingly bad call followed by "sucks", might be getting a little old and your team may be paying the price.

I am sure Appert's outspoken views have alot to do with it as well. I just don't think that publicly picking a fight with the league and the officials will help your team at this point in the season, it will most likely hurt.

I agree that Mr. Stewart's actions were unprofessional and he should be taken to task for his outburst. Unfortunately, I believe the ECAC will circle the wagons and RPI will be the ones on the outside shooting in.
                        Cornell didn't pay the price in the 2009 playoffs. In fact, they were rewarded. Also, we do not chant an official's name (At least from what I can hear from behind the penalty boxes). You must have us mistaken for another team. However, you are correct with mob mentality getting to some officials. There was one referee who had a similar experience about five years ago. I do not recall if anything was thrown at this referee (there was no giveaway), but some people at the event recall the coach had to be restrained by his own team from attacking the official. Following that game, he did not work at Houston Field House again. We did have this referee for away games, but never home.
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Lock and load.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            What do you expect for them to do? Have the talk be center ice at the TUC for 15,000 to see?! I think this is a step in the right direction that there will actually be a discussion about this (assuming that there isn't already regular correspondence). Granted we don't know if Hagwell will sack Stewart, buy him a beer at Albany Pump, or something else. Like any other workplace, there's a process that needs to be followed. Will there be a follow-up statement? Probably only if termination of employment is involved, and even then that may not happen.
                            From Ken's report it seems that Stewart gets a talking to. Seth gets suspended for bringing to light a call that cost a game. I know I will get hammered for my passion on this topic but do we think that stewart is not anti-appert and that is doesn't filter down to Hicks, etc. That is going to the integrity of the games being played. BTW- you owe me a beer at the pump station.

Comment

This is the test, does he tow the ECAC line or does he tell the truth and expose Mr. Stewart and the league's refs bias against our great coach.
                              Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              There's only so much frustration one coach can put up with when he's watching his team constantly getting screwed by poor officiating.
                              Originally posted by Lucky13L View Post
                              AThat said, the officiating was horrendous Saturday, and once again the obvious bias against RPI (particularly Seth Appert) is a topic of discussion. I was first made aware of this bias a few years ago in a conversation with someone who cited a person in the NHL ranks as knowing about what was going on.
                              *****http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                                *****http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg******
                                I would expect nothing less from a guy who follows and roots for a team that takes dives to win games. Take it away Red Cloud ...

Comment

Working...
                                X