Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    It is really fun that this thread has now taken such a light hearted attitude. it is truly amazing what 4 ECAC victories in a row can do for your psyche. Beating top teams like BU, Dartmouth, Yale and the Under 20 team can do that for you.
    Lot of good feeling right now... and here's something that a friend brought to my attention... enjoy... http://www.wten.com/global/Story.asp?S=13933843 A story about Red Bliss (what a great name!), RPI class of '38, who played hockey in the 30's. (Let's not forget the challenges ahead, all in conference. The next big game: Friday, on the road.)
    Last edited by fr joe; 01-31-2011, 04:32 PM.
    Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
      Lot of good feeling right now... and here's something that a friend brought to my attention... enjoy... http://www.wten.com/global/Story.asp?S=13933843 A story about Red Bliss (what a great name!), RPI class of '38, who played hockey in the 30's. (Let's not forget the challenges ahead, all in conference. The next big game: Friday, on the road.)
      very cool. Thanks for posting that, I caught the tail end of it Saturday when I was surfing the news for the games recap.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

watching the AHL All-Star game, Tim Kotyra is one of the officials
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Theme music ? Three blind mice or Mickey Mouse club?
          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
            And I thought Ralph and I were the old timers! What a great story. Other schools may argue the point-but we have about the greatest fanbase around.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Since we have won the last 2 games he was a ref-I have temporarily put away the Kotyra voodoo doll that I have been sticking pins in.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Nice article by Ed Weaver in the Record here.

Comment

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
                  Clearly it's the calf for Bergin.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    Also, I remember games my freshman / sophomore year when we would pull Lange and the opposing team would score an ENG, they would chant "STILL AN EMPTY NET" when Mathias got back to his station. I wish we would employ a similar chant when we pot an empty netter. But, that's just me.
                    This used to be done at RPI back in the day (well, for me that's the mid-90s). I've attempted to break it out on occasion only to end up being the only guy yelling it.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
                      Rensselaer had lost three straight on the traditional night and had been outscored 15-1 in those games (4-0 Princeton, 4-0 Yale, 7-0 Princeton).
                      Interesting math. Indeed, a nice article, however.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Interesting math. Indeed, a nice article, however.
                        I'm pretty sure in the 08-09 Freakout we scored 1 goal.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure in the 08-09 Freakout we scored 1 goal.
                          Me too.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

WaP presents Engineer Bracketology, Week 4, with the alternate title of "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bears."

A friend pointed out that we recommend rooting against Cornell, Clarkson, and Union. He replied with a "can do."
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                              WaP presents Engineer Bracketology, Week 4, with the alternate title of "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bears."

A friend pointed out that we recommend rooting against Cornell, Clarkson, and Union. He replied with a "can do."
                              That sounds somewhat convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

That works for me.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X